What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition

5 posters

Go down

Favorite progressive rock group?

Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap29%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap21%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap7%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap0%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap0%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap7%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap14%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_lcap14%Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Empty Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition

Post by ProgRocker53 Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:54 pm

What's your favorite prog group?

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Empty Re: Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition

Post by Aaron Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Dude,

I'm not sure what prog rock is. However, I like Bowling for Soup for an "alternative band" if that's what you call them.

L8r man,

Aaron

Aaron
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition Empty Re: Sunday Showdown: ProgRocker53 Edition

Post by ProgRocker53 Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Aaron wrote:Dude,

I'm not sure what prog rock is. However, I like Bowling for Soup for an "alternative band" if that's what you call them.

L8r man,

Aaron

In a nutshell (Prog is a much debated term by music nerds, but here's an accepted general definition):

-Music that is generally created out of conventional "pop" formats, that explores different lyrical and musical structures and would seem out of place on radio

-Longer songs, different changes in key and tempo, virtuoso musicians and experimental instrumentation

-Lyric matter including science fiction, fantasy, psychological and political theming

-Concept albums, long instrumental passages, intense visual live shows, and strong tie-ins to other forms of art

www.progarchives.com is a great place to browse for Prog albums and artists.. and they have better definitions of the term up there too.

Journey's first three albums (and a handful of songs since then) are commonly considered Prog although they aren't as experimental as other bands within the genre (such as King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Yes, and Genesis).

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328

Back to top Go down

Post by lula Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:52 pm

i went with pink floyd. i gave my mom dark side of the moon for christmas one year- her request Cool i sure do miss her, she was pretty cool for a parent Wink
lula
lula
First Lady of Love

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:51 am

Pink Floyd. They are the only one of those I've seen live. Your mom had great taste Lu, that was a great album. I still think my favorite is Run Like Hell though, love the intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oriQfoa9_Cw&feature=related
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:44 am

lula wrote:i went with pink floyd. i gave my mom dark side of the moon for christmas one year- her request Cool i sure do miss her, she was pretty cool for a parent Wink

That's awesome, Ms. Lula

My mom's favorite was Traffic's "Low Sparks of High-Heeled Boys" - excellent work.

I miss her too.

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down