What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yep, it is Testicle Festival time.....

+5
larry
locokat02
SilverBlack
happytrails
Kate
9 posters

Go down

Yep, it is Testicle Festival time..... Empty Yep, it is Testicle Festival time.....

Post by Kate Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Somehow, some way this falls into line with Deb's "teeny weeny balls" comment in the press conference thread.

Diners can 'have a ball' at testicle festival

The fundraising idea may seem a little nuts, but Oakdale's annual Testicle Festival is always a big hit. On Monday, volunteers with the town's Rotary Club plan to fry up 400 pounds of the private parts of bulls and serve them to diners who pay $50 apiece for the sit-down meal.
The event, whose proceeds also benefit the Oakland Cowboy Museum, has drawn an average of 450 people and last year raised $28,000.
It's common practice on cattle ranches for young male bovines to be castrated into steers, which after the initial loss, eventually makes them more docile and easier to handle. Fans of the delicacy, also referred to as "mountain oysters," come from around the state.

According to Rotarians, everyone who buys a ticket is guaranteed to "have a ball."

The Modesto Bee, http://www.modbee.com

I wonder what is for sale at the souvenir table? Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

Last edited by doka on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Yep, it is Testicle Festival time..... Empty Re: Yep, it is Testicle Festival time.....

Post by happytrails Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Last edited by happytrails on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

happytrails
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Yep, it is Testicle Festival time..... Empty Re: Yep, it is Testicle Festival time.....

Post by Kate Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:50 pm

I bet I know some "kickers" that love it!!!
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 am

doka wrote:I bet I know some "kickers" that love it!!!
Yep, it is Testicle Festival time..... Insdlh
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by locokat02 Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:09 am

I don't eat meat so I'll settle for "someone's balls on a plate" in the non-literal sense! Razz
locokat02
locokat02
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by larry Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:23 am

locokat02 wrote:I don't eat meat so I'll settle for "someone's balls on a plate" in the non-literal sense! Razz

dont eat meat?? so your.. one of "those"?
larry
larry
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:59 am

locokat02 wrote:I don't eat meat so I'll settle for "someone's balls on a plate" in the non-literal sense! Razz

LMAO!!!

Very well put cheers
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by locokat02 Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:50 am

larry wrote:

No I don't eat meat! My mom used to chop the head off of my pets and they'd be Sunday dinner! Shocked !
locokat02
locokat02
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:41 am

locokat02 wrote:
larry wrote:

No I don't eat meat! My mom used to chop the head off of my pets and they'd be Sunday dinner! Shocked !

I used to have a poster set out like the credits of a movie that said 'No animal was harmed during the making of this meal. However thousands of innocent vegetables were brutally slaughtered.'

But then again, I also used to have a t-shirt that said 'Vegetables are not Food, vegetables are what Food eats.'
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:43 am

SilverBlack wrote: 'Vegetables are not Food, vegetables are what Food eats.'

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!
Kel
Kel
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by locokat02 Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:48 am

Well, I was probably traumatized by all that chicken blood splattering on my four year old self. I know I had nightmares and didn't want to be a witness to the killing; however, Mom made me be there and it seemed the chicken's body always headed to me. And during pig slaughter day, I didn't want to hear the frightened piggies.

I'd probably eat meat if I didn't have first hand experience of where it came from early on. It's a matter of taste 'cause I find I don't enjoy the taste that much and I got really sick after eating a pork pattie at college.

Never really tried to convert friends 'cause it's their choice and all the PETA commercials in the world are not going to make this world a meat-free zone.
locokat02
locokat02
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:18 am

Now I've got the opposite reaction: I actually appreciate having that childhood exposure to exactly where meat comes from, because it means I actually value what went into its production rather than just seeing it as another commodity. I hate seeing whole chickens being thrown out from the supermarket: that was an entire (not especially nice) life created and destroyed for nothing.

My choice is I'd prefer to eat meat from an animal I've raised myself, because then I know what kind of life it lead, and I have been responsible for it and treat the end result with some kind of respect. These days, living in the city, I don't get that option, so I do the next best thing and buy free range or from farming friends.

Mind you, I never had to slaughter any of the animals myself, growing up, although I did have to pluck and clean poultry. Dad always did the geese in a temper - the buggers would bite him on the bum on a regular basis, and there were quite a few times I got home from a friend's place to a carcass hanging outside waiting for me to pluck it because the goose missed Dad's butt and got somewhere more intimate and tender. Shocked Shocked Shocked Wink
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:28 pm

doka wrote:Somehow, some way this falls into line with Deb's "teeny weeny balls" comment in the press conference thread.

Diners can 'have a ball' at testicle festival

The fundraising idea may seem a little nuts, but Oakdale's annual Testicle Festival is always a big hit. On Monday, volunteers with the town's Rotary Club plan to fry up 400 pounds of the private parts of bulls and serve them to diners who pay $50 apiece for the sit-down meal.
The event, whose proceeds also benefit the Oakland Cowboy Museum, has drawn an average of 450 people and last year raised $28,000.
It's common practice on cattle ranches for young male bovines to be castrated into steers, which after the initial loss, eventually makes them more docile and easier to handle. Fans of the delicacy, also referred to as "mountain oysters," come from around the state.

According to Rotarians, everyone who buys a ticket is guaranteed to "have a ball."

The Modesto Bee, http://www.modbee.com

I wonder what is for sale at the souvenir table? Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

LMAO! Surprisingly they aren't as bad as you might think. Laughing My ex-hub is from a ranching family and I went with him to one of his uncle's when it was branding time. I stayed in the house with the gals cuz I couldn't stand to watch them wrestle the steers, brand then castrate them. Shocked After; a bunch of appetizers were set out and one was breaded fried "prairie oysters". Got razzed into trying one by my brother in law (lol don't ever dare Deb Laughing )......they just taste like a meat ball you would have with spagetti. Saying that, I wouldn't have another one, knowing what they were........ No
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Note to self.....

Deb takes on almost every dare.

No more meatballs.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:20 am

Veggie here as well.

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 3DG Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 am

I've had them too - didn't know until I tasted it but I think I still would've. Tasted like fried...well....meat to me! (Couldn't have passed for chicken...more like a pork chop)
3DG
3DG
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down