What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP NEEDED PLEASE

5 posters

Go down

HELP NEEDED PLEASE Empty HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by 3DG Mon May 18, 2009 11:23 am

How the hell can I get Astrum Antivirus Pro off my computer?? Everything I have tried so far has failed....... Mad
3DG
3DG
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 447
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED PLEASE Empty Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Post by cat Mon May 18, 2009 11:44 am

click on "start".control panel>add or remove software

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 3DG Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm

It doesn't show up as a program that I can find anywhere?
3DG
3DG
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Mon May 18, 2009 1:37 pm

3DG wrote:It doesn't show up as a program that I can find anywhere?

ok I see the question mark.

When you click on "add or remove programs" you should get a fairly good sized list of stuff that you may choose to delete or even add.

If it is not on that list, is there a shortcut on your desktop that you can right-click on? That will tell you what directory the files are located in.

However, if you find them, do not just delete them. It will need to be uninstalled.

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskiesisaman Mon May 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Try this site

http://www.spywareremove.com/removeAstrumAntivirusPro.html

blueskiesisaman
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Mon May 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Just short circuit the damn thing, catch it on fire, and claim it on your insurance! DAMN...Do we have to help you figure EVERYTHING out here? Rolling Eyes Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by 3DG Tue May 19, 2009 8:39 am

GI_Jim wrote:Just short circuit the damn thing, catch it on fire, and claim it on your insurance! DAMN...Do we have to help you figure EVERYTHING out here? Rolling Eyes Laughing

You know what?? THAT is a HELLUVA idea........!!! My financee was ready to throw the damn thing out the front door last night.

Cat-I appreciate the suggestions but I wish it were that simple. It's not a program listed anywhere.

I did find this as well http://www.spywareremove.com/removeAstrumAntivirusPro.html, but since it was just a free detection I didn't try it. I don't need them to tell me I have the fucking virus! Laughing Was looking for a free patch first before I bought anything. But if someone knows that this particular one works I'd be more than happy to buy it.

It won't let me system restore....won't run my startup disks.....I don't know what the hell to do.
3DG
3DG
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Tue May 19, 2009 8:42 am

GI_Jim wrote:Just short circuit the damn thing, catch it on fire, and claim it on your insurance! DAMN...Do we have to help you figure EVERYTHING out here? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Best idea yet!!!

Sorry 3D - we tried!!

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue May 19, 2009 5:00 pm

3DG wrote:

You know what?? THAT is a HELLUVA idea........!!! My financee was ready to throw the damn thing out the front door last night.

Cat-I appreciate the suggestions but I wish it were that simple. It's not a program listed anywhere.

I did find this as well http://www.spywareremove.com/removeAstrumAntivirusPro.html, but since it was just a free detection I didn't try it. I don't need them to tell me I have the fucking virus! Laughing Was looking for a free patch first before I bought anything. But if someone knows that this particular one works I'd be more than happy to buy it.

It won't let me system restore....won't run my startup disks.....I don't know what the hell to do.

I'm by no means any good with computers, but I just had a thought...Did you delete the desktop icon for the program? Maybe that's why you can't find it? Try looking in your trash bin, and maybe you can find the program there. Then you could restore it and uninstall! Just an idea...I'll go back to being stupid now. Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by 3DG Wed May 20, 2009 9:36 am

I don't know enough either to fix this problem (obviously! LOL) but this quote pretty much sums up where I am it with it. thanks for all of your suggestions though!

Keep in mind that some malicious parasites do not come with an uninstall program, therefore the malware program will not appear in the "Add/Remove Programs" panel.
3DG
3DG
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 am

A very good quote indeed.

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by locokat02 Wed May 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Can you haul the thing to a computer repair shop?

Or you could do what I did when my old computer started acting up...put it in a box and get another computer...dam expensive though!
locokat02
locokat02
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down