What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JSS and Bias...

+4
natalie
Behshad
Scarabgator
Gideon
8 posters

Go down

JSS and Bias... Empty JSS and Bias...

Post by Gideon Wed May 27, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm a little worried about Andrew's reactions to Tito and SJ on the issue of JSS. He even threatened (an implication, I suppose) when I piped in.

Why? Nothing against JSS. Indeed, I'm actually a fan of his solo work ("Broken Man" and "Our Song" being my two favorites). He's a talented guy... I just agree with Tito and SJ that he's not the second coming of Steve Perry or Freddie Mercury or among "the greatest singers ever." Talented? Absolutely. One of my favorites? Absolutely.

But Soto nor Pineda nor Augeri are ever going to be considered among the greatest ever.

Just my two cents. But Andrew busted out the namecalling big time, lol, to SJ and Tito... yet ignored Bedshad's comeback about Pineda (which was even funnier than Tito's remark)...

And I catch hell for it. Laughing
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

JSS and Bias... Empty Re: JSS and Bias...

Post by Scarabgator Wed May 27, 2009 5:38 pm

THats the MR world I knew!!!! I totallly agree man, Soto is great, but not ever gonna be known as a "voice".
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Im sure Andrew can answer that Smile

(and he did delete couple of my remarks to Tito bounce )
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Wed May 27, 2009 5:41 pm

I just don't get it, dude.

Soto, Augeri, and Pineda are phenomenal vocalists. Talented as fuck. But it's like... it's like comparing Neal Schon to Jimi Hendrix. A lot of people would agree that in actual ability, Neal pisses all over Hendrix. But is Neal ever going to be "as great" as Hendrix? As popular? As well known? As respected or admired? No.

People need to understand there's a difference between skill and legend. SJ and Tito are absolutely, one hundred and ten percent right: JSS is not a legend. Nor is Pineda. Nor is Augeri.

Edit: But he didn't mock you, flay you, or insult you, Behshad. Moreover, Andrew's getting cocky with the "no one cares" and all that.

Authority =/= majority. He can't speak for everyone.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarabgator Wed May 27, 2009 5:43 pm

nor will they ever be...they carried the torch for the great one...
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed May 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Gideon wrote:I just don't get it, dude.

Soto, Augeri, and Pineda are phenomenal vocalists. Talented as fuck. But it's like... it's like comparing Neal Schon to Jimi Hendrix. A lot of people would agree that in actual ability, Neal pisses all over Hendrix. But is Neal ever going to be "as great" as Hendrix? As popular? As well known? As respected or admired? No.

People need to understand there's a difference between skill and legend. SJ and Tito are absolutely, one hundred and ten percent right: JSS is not a legend. Nor is Pineda. Nor is Augeri.

You're not old enough to use that word-watch your mouth!!!! Laughing

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Wed May 27, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm 18 now. Very Happy
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed May 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Edit: But he didn't mock you, flay you, or insult you, Behshad. Moreover, Andrew's getting cocky with the "no one cares" and all that.

Authority =/= majority. He can't speak for everyone.

The reason he didnt mock or insult me is cause he knows my remarks were just to have fun.
Tito has an agenda goin after Soto and his fans.
SJ on the other hand, just likes to have fun, but adds some spice to things and his facts are 90% of the time dead on.
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Wed May 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Maybe. But then again, one could argue Deano had an agenda, too, but that didn't result in prompt punishments.

I don't know. I just think Andrew is being very selective in regards to those whom he displays his wrath.

Like I said, lol, I didn't do anything wrong and he threatened me about it.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Gideon wrote:I'm 18 now. Very Happy
That's a 21 years and older post. (and when my daughter who will also be 18 soon, turns 21 that age will change to 30)

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Deano has been banned more than anyone else , combined Razz

and that wasnt a threat bro,, that was just a slap on the hand.... you will know when he threatens bounce
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Very Happy
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed May 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Don't worry about it Gid, we can disagree on 99.9% of things, and still remain friends. These debates have been going on for eons. Hell, we've even argued about it off the board. Laughing Thing is, is if Dan would open his ears, I have never once said JSS is considered a lengend or should be on the all-time best vocalists list. I seriously could care less how popular something/someone is, it has never been how I've chosen my music/entertainment. Yes, I rank EM's and JSS's vocals right up there under Perry as my favorite vocalists. Not sure why he has such an issue with that, I'm not saying they have to be his. Do he and Tito actually think they're going to change my mind. Neutral Ya good luck with that, I'm a taurus! Laughing Twisted Evil
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Wed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Gideon wrote:Maybe. But then again, one could argue Deano had an agenda, too, but that didn't result in prompt punishments.

I don't know. I just think Andrew is being very selective in regards to those whom he displays his wrath.

Like I said, lol, I didn't do anything wrong and he threatened me about it.

I suspect that you're not part of the Great super secret MR society....

Seriously, you're not the first to raise an eyebrow to a lack of consistency over there. I've had my fair share of both getting away with Murder @ MR and getting royally bitch slapped for nothing at all.

The campaign by some (@MR) against JSS has been carefully played. If JSS was on the business end of some of the "Friga is a Fag" or "Schon is a Midget" comments (which I still feel are fucking valid comments, and there's a reason where I've retired from the fucking place)...I feel that they would be squashed quicker than you can say NoMoJo. However, the comments have been in fairplay...in that they're musical comments. The problem is that they are getting old, all too common, and because MR is run like a bit of a Mob, with Dannyboy being the new Dean...he gets away with really hammering it home...
Frank
Frank
Frank Talk
Frank Talk

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Gideon wrote:I'm a little worried about Andrew's reactions to Tito and SJ on the issue of JSS. He even threatened (an implication, I suppose) when I piped in.

If you don't like the moderation on the forum, I suggest you complain to the site owner to step in and select a new moderator. Razz

As for Tito - it's the same as some other users on the board...they have one opinion to push and they only ever post to push that or get up my nose...and Tito does that with his JSS bullshit. It's continual and its boring. Hence my comment back to him.

Any other comments I made should be taken with a grain of salt.

SJ and Tito are blind to anything outside of the current Journey line up, so whatever....good for them.

As for moderating in general, I do what I can when I can with the time I have and think when comparing to all the other boards this band has seen come and go (most of them in complete disaster), I'm not doing to badly at all.

Cheerio!

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 pm

Well, as long as you're kidding, I understand. Can't tell, though (hence why reading into texts is useless).
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarabgator Wed May 27, 2009 9:18 pm

Gideon, you are an awesome bud. I hope you know that. I welcome you into the Gator Nation.
Scarabgator
Scarabgator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed May 27, 2009 9:57 pm

MR veterans only - caption this if you recognize the one on the right.

Surprised
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum