What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Heaven and Hell" by Don Felder from The Eagles

3 posters

Go down

"Heaven and Hell" by Don Felder from The Eagles Empty "Heaven and Hell" by Don Felder from The Eagles

Post by Ed Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Anyone out there ever read this book?
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

"Heaven and Hell" by Don Felder from The Eagles Empty Re: "Heaven and Hell" by Don Felder from The Eagles

Post by Ed Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:24 am

I just finished this up. Plenty of stuff about Irving Azoff in it.

Overall it's a good read. I liked the quote where Glen Frey says that Don Henley "sucks the fun out of any room he enters." Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

"Heaven and Hell" by Don Felder from The Eagles Empty Re: "Heaven and Hell" by Don Felder from The Eagles

Post by SilverBlack Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:13 pm

I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Yeah, it was a fairly good read, but honestly this book is a far better, more expansive informative biography of the tumultuous Eagles:

http://www.amazon.com/Limit-Untold-Story-Eagles/dp/030681398X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247105111&sr=8-1

Definitely one of the very best music books I've read, and I've read a lot of them. For the record I'm a huge Felder fan and I know he got a raw deal from those egomaniacs Frey and Henley, so no knock on him. But To The Limit is a great book.

The Felder book had a lot of background on his life before The Eagles, which was definitely interesting (the bits about his early friendships with Stills, Tom Petty, Allman etc.), but I was expecting more inside dirt on the inner working of The Eagles.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:54 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:Yeah, it was a fairly good read, but honestly this book is a far better, more expansive informative biography of the tumultuous Eagles:

http://www.amazon.com/Limit-Untold-Story-Eagles/dp/030681398X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247105111&sr=8-1

Definitely one of the very best music books I've read, and I've read a lot of them. For the record I'm a huge Felder fan and I know he got a raw deal from those egomaniacs Frey and Henley, so no knock on him. But To The Limit is a great book.

The Felder book had a lot of background on his life before The Eagles, which was definitely interesting (the bits about his early friendships with Stills, Tom Petty, Allman etc.), but I was expecting more inside dirt on the inner working of The Eagles.

I think legalities handcuffed everything he could say. I enjoyed it, but will check out your recommendation for sure.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:27 pm

It's funny, I just searched the book real quick on Amazon.. didn't see it didn't have the best reviews. I still say read it, I think you'll really enjoy it, esp if you're an Eagles fan

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down