What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open The Door and Precious Time.....

+3
Lora
ProgRocker53
Jrny1
7 posters

Go down

Open The Door and Precious Time..... Empty Open The Door and Precious Time.....

Post by Jrny1 Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Two MUSTS for Arnel this tour......Any others you can think of?

e- clown
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2008-05-23

http://www.ToadstickerProductions.Com

Back to top Go down

Open The Door and Precious Time..... Empty Re: Open The Door and Precious Time.....

Post by ProgRocker53 Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Arnel seems to have a bit of a huskier tone to his voice. I could see him doing some RoR and TBF material some serious justice.

Whip out the following songs and make one happy Prog:

It Could've Been You
Once You Love Somebody
ONE MORE
Can't Tame The Lion
Colors of the Spirit (back to back with The Journey [Revelation])

Dude, I had like six more songs written but for some reason the inner Loon in me kicked in, and I deleted them.. reason being that I don't think Arnel can really do the emotive qualities of them justice. Who knows though really.

...Also, whip out some GENERATIONS and ARRIVAL material! Arrival material especially, the tones of that album are similar to those on Revelation:

Higher Place
Signs of Life
Nothin' Comes Close
World Gone Wild
To Be Alive Again
Out of Harms Way
The Place in Your Heart

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328

Back to top Go down

Open The Door and Precious Time..... Empty Re: Open The Door and Precious Time.....

Post by Lora Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:14 pm

ProgRocker53 wrote:Dude, I had like six more songs written but for some reason the inner Loon in me kicked in, and I deleted them.. reason being that I don't think Arnel can really do the emotive qualities of them justice.

That's my problem with Arnel. I hear no emotive qualities or soul at all. He's singing lyrics and words and notes, but not convincing me that he understands the feel of the song at all. I guess that is to be expected since he has no connection with the creation of the music. Maybe it will be different if he does get involved in the writing process but for now, I'm not feeling it despite the fact that he's a good singer.
Lora
Lora
Queen of Desire

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:23 pm

Lora wrote:
ProgRocker53 wrote:Dude, I had like six more songs written but for some reason the inner Loon in me kicked in, and I deleted them.. reason being that I don't think Arnel can really do the emotive qualities of them justice.

That's my problem with Arnel. I hear no emotive qualities or soul at all. He's singing lyrics and words and notes, but not convincing me that he understands the feel of the song at all. I guess that is to be expected since he has no connection with the creation of the music. Maybe it will be different if he does get involved in the writing process but for now, I'm not feeling it despite the fact that he's a good singer.

I have some of the same criticisms on a few certain songs (mainly FITH, NWA, and WITTW [even though that tune still kicks ass]).

However, I do "feel" Arnel a few times, the way I have "felt" Perry and other favorite vocalists in the past. I "felt" him on AATY and TDTWT. Maybe out of all the songs those are the ones that resonate the most with Arnel, and makes it easier for him to relate the topic to the listener in a grand fashion.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328

Back to top Go down

Post by muffemily Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Just finished watching the Vegas DVD. I think he showed some pretty ok emotion on Be Good To Yourself.

This was honestly my first time really even hearing Arnel. Even as far as the new stuff.

Wow. The Dude can sing!

muffemily
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Wow, Very surprised to hear this....I think he shows quite a bit passion and soul.. I would even say "respect" for the greatest hits.....Maybe I'm missing something.....

e-
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 544

http://www.ToadstickerProductions.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:15 am

Easy, Sweet and Simple. If Arnel can sing that, he'll win me over. And he's pretty close to doing it now.

Aaron
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:49 am

It would be great to hear something like that, but it'll be scarce this tour. Their sets will be shorter since there are three bands. But you never know what Journey's going to do.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:53 am

Wanna buy a tour shirt?

Open The Door and Precious Time..... Jrneyshirt
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down