What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need.... to..... know.....

2 posters

Go down

need.... to..... know..... Empty need.... to..... know.....

Post by SuperCub Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:01 am

Hey peeps, just posted at a "different" mesage board earlier with the post below and haven't gotten a single response. Maybe I'm just fucked in the head, but I thought this kicked ass. Anyone else?????? (Deano, I know your feelings about the dirty bastard bands across the pond, but I specifically gave you a shout out in this post, so please give me the benefit of the doubt) :-)

Ok, probably should have prefaced this with "OT", but I was so floored by this I think it is appropriate to share it here. PLEASE read.

I'm a huge Journey fan with the stack of "Journey Force" newsletters and the "Schon NS-1" guitar to prove it.

I'm also a fan of U2 (in my opinion one of the greatest rock bands ever), and I happened to be reading the book U2 by U2 today and came across an amazing story--I'll set the story up and let Bono's words finish it...

So think Joshua Tree tour, 1987 (several months after I saw Journey in Louisville in 1986). This is back when many communities in the States were "reluctant" to celebrate and/or recognize Martin Luther King day. U2 expended tons of energy promoting Martin Luther King day along their tour, and even came back to Tempe Arizona to further promote the cause. Their work was under-appreciated to say the least, and they received death threats throughout the tour. The FBI even became envolved, and Bono was warned that someone had promised to take his life at a particular show, who professed to have a ticket and a weapon, and would act if they sang the song "Pride (In the Name of Love)".

Of course U2/Bono didn't heed the warnings, played the show, and launched into "Pride".

So, I'll let Bono finish the story:

"So we played the show, the FBI were around, everyone was a little unnerved. You just didn't know, could he be in the building? Up in the rafters? On the roof? During 'Pride', I was singing the third verse, 'Early morning April 4, a shot rings out in a Memphis sky.' I just closed my eyes and sang. And when I opened my eyes, Adam was standing in front of me."

Yep that's right, he opened his eyes and his friend and bass player was standing in front of him literally to take a bullet. Pretty fucking kick ass if you ask me.

Peace.

ps. A big shout out to the big Deano in the sky!

SuperCub
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

need.... to..... know..... Empty Re: need.... to..... know.....

Post by RockinDeano Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:10 am

Thanks...I appreciate the love.
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

need.... to..... know..... Empty dear Lord....

Post by SuperCub Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:20 am

Hey Dean, I truly appreciate your wit/wisdom/utter insanity....

I'll roll with you until the wheels fall off...

SuperCub
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:29 am

SuperCub wrote:Hey Dean, I truly appreciate your wit/wisdom/utter insanity....

I'll roll with you until the wheels fall off...

No fear dude, this train will NEVER derail, ever!
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum