What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Care passes - I'm dumping my insurance

4 posters

Go down

Health Care passes - I'm dumping my insurance Empty Health Care passes - I'm dumping my insurance

Post by Ed Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:42 am

This Health Care Bill does not come with a "Public Option". Instead, it requires all insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions. Sounds great. But what everyone fails to realize is that the "healthy pool" of the insured will stop their coverage and pay the $750 a year fine instead. Then, when they need health insurance, they will automatically be accepted no matter what.

What this will do is take the "healthy pool" and turn it into an "unhealthy pool" so all premiums will go up! Just think what you pay now when your "pool" is full of healthy individual premium payers and is turned into sick unhealthy premium payers.

The whole point of insurance was to have coverage in case something happens so you would be covered in the future. Now, if you are healthy, you drop your coverage, pay the fine, and pick coverage back up when you have health problems. This policy will BANKRUPT private insurance companies! They will not be able to pay for their policy holders when they have more sick people and less healthy people. It is simple math. Why pay the yearly premium when you only have to pay for it when you need it?
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Health Care passes - I'm dumping my insurance Empty Re: Health Care passes - I'm dumping my insurance

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:52 am

They will still cover every one, but what will happen is that like anything else, say a judgment meriting enhanced security in an apartment complex after a tenant is assaulted, the extra costs will be passed on to every one else. There will also be insurance company casualties for sure, which will likely and ironically be the medium-sized insurers that actually do a much better job and don't engage in many of the questionable practices that the big ones like Aetna do. So every one is gonna be worse off in the end. Ahh liberals, if you can't beat em, make every one as miserable as you.

I'm not gonna look at this shit on XMas eve, but does this bill do anything about lifetime maximums? Because really sick people w/ pre-existing will max out their life maximums pretty quick anyway

Liberals, time and time again, don't get that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. You don't screw over the rich guy, the small business owner, or the big company. All that happens is you get hurt in the end.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Health Care passes - I'm dumping my insurance Empty Re: Health Care passes - I'm dumping my insurance

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:57 am

Ed wrote:
The whole point of insurance was to have coverage in case something happens so you would be covered in the future. Now, if you are healthy, you drop your coverage, pay the fine, and pick coverage back up when you have health problems. This policy will BANKRUPT private insurance companies! They will not be able to pay for their policy holders when they have more sick people and less healthy people. It is simple math. Why pay the yearly premium when you only have to pay for it when you need it?

BTW, this is spot on.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:59 am

also to FORCE the public to BUY a PRODUCT is UN AMERICAN. But I get why govt wants to take health care over... a majorty of people DONT KNOW how to take care of themselfs... and they want govt to take care of them from the time they are born to the time they die... they think its free... but in reality will cost us trillions of dollars. IN A BAD SYSTEM. your pay check will shrink dramitaclly Matt, I feel for you dude... you will be paying so much in taxes you wont know what hit you... SAVE COSTS from this bill... HARDLY... I cant wait for the town halls come first of JANUARY... ;-) and the election of 2010...

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:02 am

lights1961 wrote:also to FORCE the public to BUY a PRODUCT is UN AMERICAN. But I get why govt wants to take health care over... a majorty of people DONT KNOW how to take care of themselfs... and they want govt to take care of them from the time they are born to the time they die... they think its free... but in reality will cost us trillions of dollars. IN A BAD SYSTEM. your pay check will shrink dramitaclly Matt, I feel for you dude... you will be paying so much in taxes you wont know what hit you... SAVE COSTS from this bill... HARDLY... I cant wait for the town halls come first of JANUARY... ;-) and the election of 2010...

Rick, one of my favorite sayings is that we are reaching a point of taxation in this country that is perilously close to the point of absolute no fucking return. This is not a country or a system where people were meant to be taxed out of half of their earnings. It's getting to the point where an average person is just gonna throw his or her arms up and say "I'm done." Numbers and paychecks are finite, you can only increase taxes to support new program X so many times before people just can't live any more.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:17 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
lights1961 wrote:also to FORCE the public to BUY a PRODUCT is UN AMERICAN. But I get why govt wants to take health care over... a majorty of people DONT KNOW how to take care of themselfs... and they want govt to take care of them from the time they are born to the time they die... they think its free... but in reality will cost us trillions of dollars. IN A BAD SYSTEM. your pay check will shrink dramitaclly Matt, I feel for you dude... you will be paying so much in taxes you wont know what hit you... SAVE COSTS from this bill... HARDLY... I cant wait for the town halls come first of JANUARY... ;-) and the election of 2010...

Rick, one of my favorite sayings is that we are reaching a point of taxation in this country that is perilously close to the point of absolute no fucking return. This is not a country or a system where people were meant to be taxed out of half of their earnings. It's getting to the point where an average person is just gonna throw his or her arms up and say "I'm done." Numbers and paychecks are finite, you can only increase taxes to support new program X so many times before people just can't live any more.

yes, this might doom the dems in 2010... now the funny thing about the policy it doesnt take place until 2013... I wonder if some GOP guy or lady comes out swinging on this to REPEAL the bill... will they be able to... I think if marketed by the right canidate... they could win...
the 2012 election...

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:58 am

I think I heard that somehow they were writing it into the bill so that it couldn't be repealled. I'm not sure how they can do that, but I wouldn't put anything past this bunch of a-holes.
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:01 am

DP wrote:I think I heard that somehow they were writing it into the bill so that it couldn't be repealled. I'm not sure how they can do that, but I wouldn't put anything past this bunch of a-holes.

Here's the problem, depending on which version of the bill gets passed if the thing passes, most medium and small insurers will be out of business the next day. That kinda makes going back to the old system via a repeal much harder. I don't think a lot of people understand that once this thing is passed, there is no going back. I think they believe we will try this experiment and if Uncle Sam can't cut it, there's always the evil, big bad wolf insurance companies to fall back on.

Think about it, what entitlement or social welfare program has been repealed since the New Deal popularized them?

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down