What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnel on the GH

+3
Maui Tom
dontmindme
Rick
7 posters

Go down

Arnel on the GH Empty Arnel on the GH

Post by Rick Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:13 am

I've been giving this a good listen, and he's fucking amazig.

If it doesn't sound like the original, you can blame that on the band. Arnel is spot on.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Arnel on the GH Empty Re: Arnel on the GH

Post by dontmindme Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:22 am

pRick wrote:I've been giving this a good listen, and he's fucking amazig.

If it doesn't sound like the original, you can blame that on the band. Arnel is spot on.

I still haven't listened to it yet, and I don't think I would ever listen to it. I don't know why but I couldn't find the energy to take it out and play it. I'm happy to hear him sing this live, and I've heard him sing the GH many times already, that I don't find any need to hear the re-recorded version.

It's like I couldn't give Arnel the full credit even though I'm sure his voice sounds amazing on them. The thing that bothers me is that he gets the credit for doing a good job on them but the only thing he's doing is copy Perry's technique on the GH. Don't get me wrong I support the current line up, but this this whole week I feel like I've lost some major excitement like I used to have for them earlier.

dontmindme
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Maui Tom Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:25 am

Okay we won't mind you....

Maui Tom
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:14 am

100% on Rick....He's got them all nailed...

e-
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 544

http://www.ToadstickerProductions.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Watch the DVD.

Anyway you want itAH

That's the way you need itAH

Anyway you want itAH

That annoys me to no end.

He is not spot on and look like a contestant winner on stage.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:11 pm

AR wrote:

Watch the DVD.

Anyway you want itAH

That's the way you need itAH

Anyway you want itAH

That annoys me to no end.

He is not spot on and look like a contestant winner on stage.

He kind of is one. Laughing

Arnel can't win. If he sounds too much like Perry he loses, if he sings the songs different from Perry he loses. Honesly, who gives a fuck? The guy can flat out sing and he's a great fit for Journey. Might have been a better fit for Survivor because I think he sounds more like JJ than SP.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by caz Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:23 am

Why post the same thread topic on two different forums? Afraid you'd miss someone? Rolling Eyes

caz
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:42 pm

caz wrote:Why post the same thread topic on two different forums? Afraid you'd miss someone? Rolling Eyes

No, just to irritate you.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Hey Ricky-

I DO agree AP sounds amazing on these songs, BUT, the band..

as much as I personally hate these fuckers, they are that good, that they don't mess up, except Ross. I won't name names, but we were listening to some boots that have never seen the light of day, and the unnamed person kept saying, "oops, Ross fucked up" or "Ross can't get it goin."

I listened to Houston live yesterday. I can really hear the difference in drums and vocals.

Steve Smith is so much more up and down, soft and light and hard and heavy, all at the perfect time. Deen is so damned straight hitting. IMO Smith is heads and shoulders a better drummer.

As for vocals, everyon knows I think Pineda is wonderful and I think was the easy best choice for the band, but listen to Steve Perry in Houston in 1981. My God, no one ever sang as well as he did, no one.
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:51 pm

RockinDeano wrote:

Hey Ricky-

I DO agree AP sounds amazing on these songs, BUT, the band..

as much as I personally hate these fuckers, they are that good, that they don't mess up, except Ross. I won't name names, but we were listening to some boots that have never seen the light of day, and the unnamed person kept saying, "oops, Ross fucked up" or "Ross can't get it goin."

I listened to Houston live yesterday. I can really hear the difference in drums and vocals.

Steve Smith is so much more up and down, soft and light and hard and heavy, all at the perfect time. Deen is so damned straight hitting. IMO Smith is heads and shoulders a better drummer.

As for vocals, everyon knows I think Pineda is wonderful and I think was the easy best choice for the band, but listen to Steve Perry in Houston in 1981. My God, no one ever sang as well as he did, no one.

I agree. That was SP at his best right there. I think Arnel is great, but he's no SP. Smitty is a freak. It's funny to watch him on an interview, he's so soft spoken and shy, but he's an animal behind the kit.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down