What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asia - Omega

4 posters

Go down

Asia - Omega Empty Asia - Omega

Post by Ed Sat May 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Listenign to the new CD right now.

Asia - Omega Asia-omega
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Asia - Omega Empty Re: Asia - Omega

Post by Ehwmatt Sat May 08, 2010 9:15 pm

I just bought a box at House of Blues for their show in August. Looking forward to hearing this album, loved Phoenix.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat May 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Matt, it's good - especially the first track. It gets a bit softer past that.

Also looking forward to John Payne's Asia CD which is coming out soon. I support both versions.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Sun May 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Ed wrote:Matt, it's good - especially the first track. It gets a bit softer past that.

Also looking forward to John Payne's Asia CD which is coming out soon. I support both versions.

Noticed John Payne's Asia is playing here in June.
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Wed May 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Just snagged this album a few days ago. 4 listens in and I really love it. Big Highlights for me SO FAR are Listen Children, I Believe, and Finger on the Trigger. It always takes prolonged exposure to the moodier tunes for me to decide how much I like them... but another great effort from a band that has a heart patient vocalist/bassist and a veritable skeleton on lead guitar. Not bad at all, considering.

I'm looking at the album liner and seeing Carl Palmer's picture - if this dude bleached his hair he'd fit right in with me and my buds in our mid-twenties. Maybe he's been sapping Howe's youth for years...

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 pm

Deb wrote:
Ed wrote:Matt, it's good - especially the first track. It gets a bit softer past that.

I LOVE the new cd. It has taken more listens for me to get into than their last, but I'm starting to like it a little more I think. Very Happy Do you have a link to John Payne's version of the band? Nevermind... I'll just google it. Wink
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Wed May 19, 2010 8:00 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Deb wrote:

I LOVE the new cd. It has taken more listens for me to get into than their last, but I'm starting to like it a little more I think. Very Happy Do you have a link to John Payne's version of the band? Nevermind... I'll just google it. Wink

I've heard ONE song from the Payne lineup... but I like it. I should investigate further.

Asia (ft John Payne) - Long Way From Home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmbyTTMyWU

Think you'll like this tune Jim... actually sounds very similar to your Cold Heart writings, imo. Love that big piano/synth pad at the start.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed May 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Here's one of my favorite's from the Payne era.

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed May 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:
Deb wrote:

I've heard ONE song from the Payne lineup... but I like it. I should investigate further.

Asia (ft John Payne) - Long Way From Home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmbyTTMyWU

Think you'll like this tune Jim... actually sounds very similar to your Cold Heart writings, imo. Love that big piano/synth pad at the start.

I haven't heard this one before Matt, thanks for sharing it! I don't really care for it though... I will say though, that this incarnation of ASIA sounds better live than the other one. I remember seeing some clips a few months ago, and they sounded awesome! I bought the Asia live dvd, and they were as exciting as watching paint dry on the wall. Sleep
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down