What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hilarious MR thread

+6
Deb
Ed
DP
GI_Jim
portland
Gideon
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hilarious MR thread Empty Hilarious MR thread

Post by Gideon Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If there was ever a time I wish I could still post at MR, it would be now.... Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Hilarious MR thread Empty Re: Hilarious MR thread

Post by portland Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Why?
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Well are you going to tell us what the thread is, or are we supposed to play a guessing game? bounce
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:32 pm

GI_Jim wrote:Well are you going to tell us what the thread is, or are we supposed to play a guessing game? bounce

It's a hyperlink. Click on the hahahahahaha and it sends you to the thread; not very noticeable, sorry.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Why is it funny? I think we all agree with SP's statement that the whole is bigger than the sum of it's parts. (I just looked at the thread title/first post, maybe there was something said on down in the thread that I forgot)

Whatcha gettin' at, Gideon? Go on, I know you wanna pounce... Hilarious MR thread Icon_razz
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:49 pm

DP wrote:I think we all agree with SP's statement that the whole is bigger than the sum of it's parts.

To be perfectly honest, I never got that impression from some of you; only here recently have I gotten that impression, which is why our arguments/disagreements are few and far between.

DP wrote:Whatcha gettin' at, Gideon? Go on, I know you wanna pounce... Hilarious MR thread Icon_razz

Gunbot's extraordinarily lame attempt to sideline Perry's comment while using Schon's as the gospel. Smacks of hypocrisy and reaffirms my opinion of him as a debater. I have far more respect for the likes of Portland and Annie, who are devout Loons, than people like Gunbot.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Gideon wrote:
DP wrote:I think we all agree with SP's statement that the whole is bigger than the sum of it's parts.

To be perfectly honest, I never got that impression from some of you; only here recently have I gotten that impression, which is why our arguments/disagreements are few and far between.

DP wrote:Whatcha gettin' at, Gideon? Go on, I know you wanna pounce... Hilarious MR thread Icon_razz

Gunbot's extraordinarily lame attempt to sideline Perry's comment while using Schon's as the gospel. Smacks of hypocrisy and reaffirms my opinion of him as a debater. I have far more respect for the likes of Portland and Annie, who are devout Loons, than people like Gunbot.

It's my belief based on what I've seen and read that SP feels that way too. No doubt he's not just a little bit narcissistic (I think all people as gifted as he is share that trait) but think he realizes what they did together, and the magic that they created. I believe in the possibility that that may be why we haven't heard from him since the split too. Even when Journey was still intact (yet on that looong hiatus I mentioned in your other thread) it was still obvious that there was something missing when they performed independent of each other. Now that there's no foreseeable possibility of reuniting (fractured stone et al) maybe he's thinking... 'why bother'? IDK. Just one of about a million theories. Hilarious MR thread Icon_neutral

There's hypocrisy enough to go around in all these music forums. I think we've all dipped into that well a time or two. Hilarious MR thread Fresse

p.s. Dan, be nice... Hilarious MR thread Icon_cyclops
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:08 pm

[quote="Gideon"]

Gunbot's extraordinarily lame attempt to sideline Perry's comment while using Schon's as the gospel. Smacks of hypocrisy and reaffirms my opinion of him as a debater. I have far more respect for the likes of Portland and Annie, who are devout Loons, than people like Gunbot.[/qu

OH Fuck it...... Hilarious MR thread 50667

At least Gunny could make you suffer it need be!!!
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:42 pm

portland wrote:OH Fuck it...... Hilarious MR thread 50667

?
I said that I had far more respect for you than Gunbot; why would that ellicit frustration/exasperation from you? Would you prefer that I not respect you? You make no bones about your allegiance and your bias and you certainly don't pretend to be objective or fair in your assessment of Journey-related topics. You are what you are and you're not ashamed of it; this I have learned to accept, because there is an honesty about it.

Gunbot comes off as utterly dishonest; his tactics on Perry's quotes versus Schon's are classic examples of cherrypicking.

portland wrote:At least Gunny could make you suffer it need be!!!

Suffer? If you're implying he'd beat me, I'll kindly point out to you (as I have before) that the last time he and I went head-to-head, he ran off after the first exchange.... which is interesting, since he talks about generating discussion/debate. He prefers to pick on those who are either too kind or too stupid to refute it; I'm neither.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:45 pm

DP wrote:
Gideon wrote:

It's my belief based on what I've seen and read that SP feels that way too. No doubt he's not just a little bit narcissistic (I think all people as gifted as he is share that trait) but think he realizes what they did together, and the magic that they created. I believe in the possibility that that may be why we haven't heard from him since the split too. Even when Journey was still intact (yet on that looong hiatus I mentioned in your other thread) it was still obvious that there was something missing when they performed independent of each other. Now that there's no foreseeable possibility of reuniting (fractured stone et al) maybe he's thinking... 'why bother'? IDK. Just one of about a million theories. Hilarious MR thread Icon_neutral

There's hypocrisy enough to go around in all these music forums. I think we've all dipped into that well a time or two. Hilarious MR thread Fresse

p.s. Dan, be nice... Hilarious MR thread Icon_cyclops

Perry, Schon, and Cain all demonstrate indications of narcissism and selfishness.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 pm

True dat!
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Herbie put it best, IMHO: Perry's narcissism is made manifest through his actions and controlling nature, but when it comes to appearances, he seems far more passive and approachable than Schon or Cain, who are the opposite: they relinquish control and attention to their lead singers seemingly without complaint, but come off like asses in interviews.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:38 am

Gideon wrote:

Thanks I think?? I do believe it took the three of them by the way...I love Perry's solo stuff but it's not
Journey....which is fine with me as I love to just hear the voice sing.

I just think it's a shame that it's over....cause without the three of them it's not Journey.

Last edited by portland on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 pm

I was 4 for 4 with an RBI in over 30 baseball yesterday.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 pm

In other news, Gunbot continues to embarrass real debaters across the globe with the shit he posts on MelodicRock.

If he's seeking to butcher the practice, he's doing a great job.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Gideon wrote:In other news, Gunbot continues to embarrass real debaters across the globe with the shit he posts on MelodicRock.

Giddy it's such a shame you cannot share your vast wisdom at MR.....such a shame!!!! Hilarious MR thread 714130
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 am

Gideon wrote:In other news, Gunbot continues to embarrass real debaters across the globe with the shit he posts on MelodicRock.

Disagree, he's a good dude and I usually agree with his posts a good 8 out of 10 times. Debates just fine.
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 am

Deb wrote:

Disagree, he's a good dude and I usually agree with his posts a good 8 out of 10 times. Debates just fine.

I've met him and he is a good dude, but he also freely admitted that most of what he posts is complete bullshit aimed at doing nothing more than causing shit storms and pissing off the pro-Journey and pro-Pineda contingent. Glad you agree with his bullshit, though. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol But Perry fans should be used to being fed that. By now, it probably tastes like chocolate. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:31 am

Saint John wrote:
Deb wrote:

I've met him and he is a good dude, but he also freely admitted that most of what he posts is complete bullshit aimed at doing nothing more than causing shit storms and pissing off the pro-Journey and pro-Pineda contingent. Glad you agree with his bullshit, though. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol But Perry fans should be used to being fed that. By now, it probably tastes like chocolate. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol

Ah, you mean like you with the pro-Perry and pro-Soto contingents? Ok, gotchya. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol

LOL, you on the other hand, I usually disagree 8 out of 10 posts. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Deb wrote:
Saint John wrote:
Deb wrote:

Ah, you mean like you with the pro-Perry and pro-Soto contingents? Ok, gotchya. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol

LOL, you on the other hand, I usually disagree 8 out of 10 posts. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol

And Deb and I rarely disagree on anything! Hilarious MR thread Icon_flower
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:17 pm

portland wrote:
Deb wrote:
Saint John wrote:
Deb wrote:

And Deb and I rarely disagree on anything! Hilarious MR thread Icon_flower

The two of you should take some consolation in being correct about 20% of the time. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Deb wrote:Disagree, he's a good dude and I usually agree with his posts a good 8 out of 10 times.

Him being a "good dude" has nothing to do with this, though. Being nice, friendly, funny, charming, appealing, sexy, tall, short, thin, fat, etc. has nothing to do with one's ability to debate properly. I personally thought George W. Bush was a decent human being bereft of malicious intent; doesn't change the fact that he was an incompetent administrator.
I see this problem often. It's similar to the common Loon inability to recognize fault in Steve Perry because he was a great singer, never realizing that his personality has nothing to do with his ability to sing (and vice versa).
For the record, I have no doubt that he's a fine human being; but he's an absolutely horrendous debater.

Deb wrote:Debates just fine.

Then I can only assume that you've never participated in or ever witnessed an actual debate. Real debaters are trained to avoid using double standards, fallacies, cherrypicking, and generally attempt to make credible arguments that are supplemented by credible sources.
What Gunbot does is actually pretty clever in that no one left on that forum either knows enough or cares enough to publicly call him out on it, but to hold Neal Schon's "Perry gave Journey all the success!!!" comment (of which I've never seen the source) to his chest like a shield, praising it to be the gospel and absolute truth, while writing off Steve Perry's "There was more to the band than me!!!" comment as nothing more than modesty is the epitome of double standards and cherrypicking.
He might make a decent lawyer, but he's a poor specimen for debates.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:22 am

Gideon wrote:
Deb wrote:Debates just fine.

Then I can only assume that you've never participated in or ever witnessed an actual debate. Real debaters are trained to avoid using double standards, fallacies, cherrypicking, and generally attempt to make credible arguments that are supplemented by credible sources.
What Gunbot does is actually pretty clever in that no one left on that forum either knows enough or cares enough to publicly call him out on it, but to hold Neal Schon's "Perry gave Journey all the success!!!" comment (of which I've never seen the source) to his chest like a shield, praising it to be the gospel and absolute truth, while writing off Steve Perry's "There was more to the band than me!!!" comment as nothing more than modesty is the epitome of double standards and cherrypicking.
He might make a decent lawyer, but he's a poor specimen for debates.

Then I guess you've never seen Journey's Behind The Music where Neal says in plain english "Perry brought all the success.....". Hilarious MR thread Icon_scratch

Trained debaters? It's a music site, some people are actually there to just discuss music, catch up with music friends and have some fun.........and not over-analyze the hell out of everything. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 am

Deb wrote:Trained debaters? It's a music site, some people are actually there to just discuss music, catch up with music friends and have some fun.........and not over-analyze the hell out of everything. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol

Oh Deb, oh Deb, oh Deb **just shaking head**

Silly girl Hilarious MR thread Icon_twisted
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Thanks for the BTM quote.

Deb wrote:Trained debaters? It's a music site, some people are actually there to just discuss music, catch up with music friends and have some fun.........and not over-analyze the hell out of everything. Hilarious MR thread Icon_lol

Deb, I appreciate your attempt to defend GB here, but he's the one talking about stimulating debate and discussion, not me. I'm just pointing out how weak he is in that particular area. Take it up with him?
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next