What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremey's CD?

+2
Ehwmatt
blueskies
6 posters

Go down

Jeremey's CD? Empty Jeremey's CD?

Post by blueskies Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Anyone have any info on it? Has it been released yet? He use to be on my FB but I got burnout on FB and deleted well over 300 peeps on there ( just didn't have time to keep up with it all so no offense to J or anyone else.) and I hardly check in now. Anyway..last I heard he had throat problems and it was delayed...so if it's not out yet, anyone know when?
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Jeremey's CD? Empty Re: Jeremey's CD?

Post by Ehwmatt Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 pm

He recently posted a trailer on YouTube. Think it's due out in March sometime. Sounds like it's gonna be good.

https://youtu.be/mEpcOQQkTeo

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:He recently posted a trailer on YouTube. Think it's due out in March sometime. Sounds like it's gonna be good.

https://youtu.be/mEpcOQQkTeo

Clips sound good! I'm looking forward to purchasing it and giving it a full listen. Thanks, Ehwmatt! Smile
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm supposed to be thanked in the credits.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Ed wrote:I'm supposed to be thanked in the credits.

Cool!
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremey Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Indeed you have been sir, and thanks!

The CD will be out March 6th, and I hope you guys enjoy it. It's been something I've worked on for many many months and I'm glad everyone will finally get to hear it.

Jeremey
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Jeremey wrote:

Indeed you have been sir, and thanks!

The CD will be out March 6th, and I hope you guys enjoy it. It's been something I've worked on for many many months and I'm glad everyone will finally get to hear it.

I'm looking forward to hearing it in total. Smile
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Can't have this thread without "Stay"

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Jeremey, I've talked to Matt about the teaser you posted at some length and I think the vocals are fantastic, but I'm having a problem with there (seemingly) being no audible bass guitar. Could that be due to poor youtube quality/laptop speakers, or is there something more to it? It seems to be lacking a lot of groove that the bass guitar supplies, and I'm wondering if it's the album or mediocre quality sound clips. My guess is the latter.

Last edited by Saint John on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremey Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Ed wrote:Can't have this thread without "Stay"

Haha, love the pink earphones! Cool

Jeremey
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Jeremey wrote:
Ed wrote:Can't have this thread without "Stay"

Haha, love the pink earphones! Cool

When I originally made the post I had my daughter watching KISS from the front row on my clipboard. Smile

Got it straight now.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm not gonna lie, these clips have convinced me that you really have what it takes to make it as a true pop star, Jeremey.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremey Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Saint John wrote:Jeremey, I've talked to Matt about the teaser you posted at some length and I think the vocals are fantastic, but I'm having a problem with there (seemingly) being no audible bass guitar. Could that be due to poor youtube quality/laptop speakers, or is there something more to it? It seems to be lacking a lot of groove that the bass guitar supplies, and I'm wondering if it's the album or mediocre quality sound clips. My guess is the latter.

Dan, these were unmastered tracks - The normal EQ and compression you would expect to hear from a produced song is largely done through mastering, and it's what typically makes a song sound thick and warm.... Also, the YouTube audio from this clip is at a pretty low bit rate when compared with a CD or even an iTunes MP3. I didn't want it to be a huge file or anything, just wanted to have a sample of the tunes themselves. I play bass on most of the songs and it's one of my favorite instruments, so it's a key part of the groove of the tunes. I think you'll hear a much different sound from the finished product.

Jeremey
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremey Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Gideon wrote:I'm not gonna lie, these clips have convinced me that you really have what it takes to make it as a true pop star, Jeremey.

Wow, thanks Gideon, I just hope people like the tunes...At my age I won't be making any pop star waves, but I do want to make music that people can connect with.

Jeremey
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Any plans on trying to get it onto mainstream radio? Is that possible?
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Jeremey wrote:
Saint John wrote:Jeremey, I've talked to Matt about the teaser you posted at some length and I think the vocals are fantastic, but I'm having a problem with there (seemingly) being no audible bass guitar. Could that be due to poor youtube quality/laptop speakers, or is there something more to it? It seems to be lacking a lot of groove that the bass guitar supplies, and I'm wondering if it's the album or mediocre quality sound clips. My guess is the latter.

Dan, these were unmastered tracks - The normal EQ and compression you would expect to hear from a produced song is largely done through mastering, and it's what typically makes a song sound thick and warm.... Also, the YouTube audio from this clip is at a pretty low bit rate when compared with a CD or even an iTunes MP3. I didn't want it to be a huge file or anything, just wanted to have a sample of the tunes themselves. I play bass on most of the songs and it's one of my favorite instruments, so it's a key part of the groove of the tunes. I think you'll hear a much different sound from the finished product.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Again, fantastic vocals, man.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremey Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Gideon wrote:Any plans on trying to get it onto mainstream radio? Is that possible?

Commercial radio literally costs hundreds of thousands of dollars in promotions, and even that isn't a guarantee it will get any airplay. Although "payola" was outlawed in the 90's - when record companies would pay program directors to play their songs - nowadays it's as prevalent as ever through independent promoters. If record companies pay all that money to a third party, then the third party works his relationship with the radio mucky mucks, that's not illegal. But it's essentially the same practice. Literally, a song like "Out Of My Head" by Theory Of A Deadman may have cost a record label a quarter of a million dollars in radio promotion just to get played on an influential commercial rock station in LA, NYC, etc. Of course that quarter of a million dollars is added on the band's tab, and they continue to live off of tour per diems and whatever songwriting royalties the writers in the band are making, while going ever deeper in debt.

Hope that isn't too much information, LOL. The short answer is, I'll be sending copies to non commercial radio stations like Class X FM in Cincinnati OH, low level FM and internet stations that still broadcast for the love of music. But I'll just be happy if people like the CD and spread the word so my fan base can grow and I can hopefully make another CD someday.

Jeremey
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Jeremey, I just listened to this and it brought goosebumps and tears. You really conveyed the emotion of the song in your voice and this is your singing best, imo. Seriously, this is outstanding. Hauntingly beautiful. Kudos!

blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremey Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:35 pm

blueskies wrote:Jeremey, I just listened to this and it brought goosebumps and tears. You really conveyed the emotion of the song in your voice and this is your singing best, imo. Seriously, this is outstanding. Hauntingly beautiful. Kudos!

Thank you Phyllis I am glad you like the tune!!

Jeremey
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Definitely a cool song that doesn't bend to some formulaic structure. The song is strong because of its uniqueness, calming depth and overall quality in just about every regard. 94/100 A-
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Saint John wrote:Definitely a cool song that doesn't bend to some formulaic structure. The song is strong because of its uniqueness, calming depth and overall quality in just about every regard. 94/100 A-

Yep, like that he didn't go for the obvious.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Saint John wrote:Definitely a cool song that doesn't bend to some formulaic structure. The song is strong because of its uniqueness, calming depth and overall quality in just about every regard. 94/100 A-
Well said. It is unique. I just had a friend listen to it on my soundsystem a little while ago and they really liked it too.
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: