What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The BBC Confronts a Troll

2 posters

Go down

The BBC Confronts a Troll Empty The BBC Confronts a Troll

Post by blueskies Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 pm

lol @ the look on the guys face when they show up.

http://popzombie.net/?p=895

The BBC Confronts an Internet Troll

You know them, maybe you’re even one of them. They’re the scumbag lowlifes of the Internet. They are the trolls. Typically hiding behind a mask of supposed anonymity, those who practice Internet harassment are often seen as the neckbeard basement-dwellers of the world. But maybe they’re every bit as scummy in person.

The BBC went on a manhunt, of sorts, for a recent episode of Panorama. The full show is well worth a watch, but this one section certainly stood out above the rest. BBC’s Declan Lawn did some investigative work and got face to face with racist, bigoted hate monger Nimrod Severen. To the rest of the world, he’s known as Darren Burton. -TheNextWeb.com

Last edited by blueskies on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

The BBC Confronts a Troll Empty Re: The BBC Confronts a Troll

Post by blueskies Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Here's the link to the full segment, the outtake is from.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_9693000/9693594.stm
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:30 pm

That probably empowered him more than ever. I bet he went home, heated it up and then went back to trolling. Either find the guy, fuck his face up and break his fingers, or leave him alone. But don't find and empower him. Although "outing" him should lead to some pretty cool vigilante justice. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Saint John wrote:That probably empowered him more than ever. I bet he went home, heated it up and then went back to trolling. Either find the guy, fuck his face up and break his fingers, or leave him alone. But don't find and empower him. Although "outing" him should lead to some pretty cool vigilante justice. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think two wrong turns make a right. Doing the same, imo, is empowering by condoning thereby rewarding his actions in the way he wants. Thats probably why the guy does it in the first place...due to hurts in his life that he accumilated..maybe he was bullied as a kid and lashes that pain out onto others. Maybe he was abused as a child. Or he is not happy in his life now so he vents his frustrations onto others, maybe he feels insignificant or inferior so he tries to bully others to feel superior or to get attention or has been taught by his family, friends or the local society he lives in that kind of behavior and has a misdirected sense of what " toughness" is. ( really, how tough is it to type words of insult? but I digress.lol )

We all now live in a society that is promoting bad behavior, ..in the media, on the net...for " entertainment"? But in reality any need to knock someone else down purposely and continually stems from somewhere in the subconscious..from past experiences,..and grows things like jealousy, envy, feeling inferior, misplaced sense of competition, etc. Some subconsciously try to hurt to get punished too. They think deep down that they deserve it....any backlash they receive... and just aren't aware thats what they are doing. Alcohol or drug use could also be enhancing these feelings and bring them out when they are usually buried when the person is sober.

And don't go and tell me he's just bored! Laughing Boredom does leave too much time on peoples hands to get in trouble, so I agree that they should fill their time up with something to do....find an interest(s) get a hobby..( something to keep his hands and mind busy and away from the keyboard. lol) ..but most folks don't feel the need to be insulting and attack others as a way to combat boredom, so there's some deeper psychological reason for it. No one can change anything in anyone, though...they can be helped by showing them what they are doing but they have to become aware and recognize what they are doing and try to find the root cause of their actions. Once aware they can work on digging the root out if they choose. No amount of beatings will change him if he doesn't want to change, either. He may never be honest with himself, may never introspect and be in denial till his death...but beating him doesn't cure him.....it only contributes to further harden him and give him some sense of justification in his mind for taking out his anger on others.
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:38 pm

By the way...I should distinguish my opinions on this mans behavior of attacking people he doesn't know and the ribbing that goes on between good friends. Friends, especially males, often tease and kid each other good naturedly...once they have gotten to a comfort level from spending enough time with them and the ribbing is actually beneficial sometimes by way of pointing behaviors out to one another and it makes the friend aware of what they are doing and they don't always get offended when they know and trust the friend and are honest with themselves and each other. Even friends get offended sometimes, though, when they take something as an attack on them... so open communication is key in friendships..in all relationships... to allow for clearing up misunderstandings of intent and meaning. People too often just close off when they feel they have been attacked and the friendship suffers and sometimes ends...so sometimes hashing things out is beneficial to the relationship instead of avoiding and ignoring a problem that may have come up...just as some well meaning ribbing can be beneficial for growth both personally and in bonding of the friendship.

[ just stating my opinions, folks...I question and keep thinking about things so I'm never absolutely certain of anything and therefore don't think I "know everything"....so there is no need to knock me down a peg or two for stating my opinion.. for those that may be so inclined to try to do so. Bertrand Russell, an English philosopher and mathmatician said; " The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt. " I agree with him...if there is no doubt and we don't continue to look for answers to questions then we fail to learn anything further and have fooled ourselves that we already have all the answers. This goes for learning anything in life , about life and about each other. So feel free to disagree with any or all that I say. I enjoy a good thought provoking debate....as long as no one feels threatened by anothers viewpoint and it stays to proper and respectful debate of ideas and doesn't disolve into personality conflicts, that is. ]
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down