What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Queen Extravaganza

+4
yulog
Ehwmatt
Ed
Saint John
8 posters

Go down

The Queen Extravaganza Empty The Queen Extravaganza

Post by Saint John Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 am

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this sudden influx of all things Queen. But let me preface this post with the fact that I think Queen was a vastly overrated band, with primarily dreadful music and some of the most childish lyrics ever to infiltrate and pollute rock music.

Now for the goods. Circa the Jeff Scott Soto dismissal from Journey, we heard Brian May's long-winded dissertation on Journey's decision making. In brief, he called it a move devoid of artistry and a willingness to put on their slippers and rest on their laurels. Ironically, the future would prove him dead wrong, as the band has released 2 albums, the latest being as stark a departure from the Journey music "formula" as possible, but that's really irrelevant. We then heard Jeff Scott Soto lament on how poorly he was treated (as if a career C lister making about 750k in 11 months is anything to sneeze at) and how he'd probably be better off not being part of a band that he deemed destined as a nostalgia act with no new music.

Fast forward to today. We have Queen presenting a 3-headed music monster to the world. The first being the Broadway musical that they unsuccessfully tried to make "Freddie Mercury" a part of ... and failed. The fact that the idea of a hologram was even considered is silly. Resurrecting a dead singer in the hopes of a few dollars seems deplorable. Next, we have the current status of Queen, the actual live, "touring" band. They currently have 2 shows set up. I've seen some short tours, but this one takes the cake! Parading Adam Lambert out there, having had him "in" the band for the better part of the year, and cashing in on the fact that he's a homosexual weirdo, a la Freddie Mercury, seems strikingly similar to what they derided Journey for. If he's your singer make some new music. Take the "slippers" off, boys. Lastly, and most intriguing, is the "Queen Extravaganza." Queen has managed to follow Journey's lead (a move officially derided by Brian May), find a youtube singer (an astonishingly similar copy of Freddie Mercury in Martel ... though I think he may be even *better* live than Mercury was), but also cleverly disguise Martel's audition by throwing in a very talented Jennifer Espinoza and some additional vocalists. Here's the way it has been listed on The Queen Extravaganza's official site:

The Queen Extravaganza touring band - four vocalists and five musicians (two guitars, bass, drums and keyboards) - were hired after an intensive 12 week online audition search. The buzz surrounding the public auditions sparked worldwide interest with video submissions generating more than 10 million views. Television host Ellen DeGeneres was so impressed with the level of talent, that she invited one hopeful to perform his audition on her show. That contestant, Nashville's Marc Martel, secured himself a place in the final band. The rest of The QE band includes vocalists and QE contestant Jennifer Espinoza along with addition vocalists Yvan Pedneault and Jeff Scott Soto; bassist Francois Olivier Doyon; guitarists Brian Gresh and Tristan Avakian; drummer Tyler Warren and keyboardist & musical director Brandon Ethridge.

There it is, folks. The guy that Brian May championed, his longtime friend ... an "additional vocalist." Laughing The guy that would "breathe new life" into Journey. The guy he inferred that he would pick, if given the chance. That guy, Jeff Scott Soto, that seemed to also deride Journey for their choice of direction, now part of a tribute act's "B team." He gets to basically flounder around the stage and make sure that Mark Martel is noticed. In between this, sure, he'll sing a few songs, as all of the others will, but this is nothing more than the Mark Martel audition tour, cleverly disguised as something else. I suspect Jennifer Espinoza will also make a name for herself out of this, and will get some fairly large offers. She's a hell of a talent, from what I've seen on youtube.

Basically, we now have 3 editions of Queen, each counterfeit in their own special way. One with their "lead singer" Adam Lambert and a year's worth of work for a handful of shows (cash grabs) and no new music, one that unsuccessfully tried to exhume Freddie Mercury, and one that has Jennifer Espinoza and a few no name "additional vocalists" supporting the extremely transparent Mark Martel audition tour. Yet Brian May had the balls to deride Journey for picking an Asian dude from the other side of the world that vocally and visibly looks nothing like their most famous singer, and was about as famous as my next door neighbor. And in an effort to top everything Brian May has done, the guy Journey released is now an "additional vocalist" on a superficial audition tour, where he was able to achieve national fame on American Idol by backing the Mark Martel introduction to the world with some vintage backing vocals and Y-M-C-A-like cheesy fist pumping. Neal Schon has put his foot in his mouth enough times that his tongue probably tastes like leather, but he's never come close to having done a 180 like these 2 bozos have. Thanks for the laughs, guys. Cool
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

The Queen Extravaganza Empty Re: The Queen Extravaganza

Post by Ed Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Brian May is a hypocrite.

Saw some clips of opening night and it was good, and much less gay than on American Karaoke. Martel was impressive.

My only counter on this is that Soto is pretty old (Sorry bro) and his being involved in any way shape or form makes sense career wise.

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Lambert IS a cash grab. If it were only about the music Taylor and May would either use Martel, Soto, or go back out with Paul Rodgers (which was a cool choice live, but the album stunk)
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue May 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Ed, let me say this. I have no problem with Brian May or Jeff Scott Soto doing this, from an artistic standpoint. It's what they said prior to the QE announcement that seems perplexing. I think what happened was merely Brian May being too good of a friend and trying to "console" Soto, and Soto letting his emotions get the better of him, rather than just staying quiet.

As for The Queen Extravaganza, it's a seemingly monumental event. 40 songs, top notch production, smaller venues and some pretty solid talent makes it a killer night of music. I'm just having a problem with 2 things:

-I can't help but wonder how or why the actual members of Queen aren't playing the music. This just reeks of laziness and anything with the name "Queen" stamped to it should surely have the actual members performing.

-I also can't help but thinking that Queen is auditioning Martel to see if he can sing 20 songs a night. That also cheapens it a little. This is like a "beta" stage for him.

Regardless, this is a show that a Queen fan should go and see. The music always comes first and that's really all that matters. I just would have liked to have seen the actual band members along to bring the level of originality and authenticity up to the very highest level possible. Odd that they'd try to hologram Freddie Mercury, someone obviously dead, into a show but the remaining members that are alive won't perform. scratch
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Tue May 29, 2012 2:37 pm

There's not too much I can add to Dan's EXCELLENT post above, except to point out that Queen's hypocrisy and laziness are hard to ignore.

Parading that freakshow Lambert out there is a complete cheap and lazy affront to Freddie's legacy. Yeah, Freddie was gay, and so is Lambert. That's where the similarities begin and end. Lambert is a freakshow who wouldn't be fit to adjust Freddie's vocal mic (no, not THAT mic), and plugging him in just reeks of a lazy way to replace the legendary, deceased gay frontman. This is about as sensible or as good of a fit as Thin Lizzy trying to sub Lenny Kravitz in for the late Phil Lynott.

Dan already covered the problems with using Martel (who seems like a nice guy and a good talent in his own right, but I can't sanction physical resemblances) after May's comments on Journey.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed May 30, 2012 7:52 am

According to Pam this is who sings what.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a run down of who sings what, according to the admin on the Queen Extravaganza Facebook page. Jeff sings a big portion of the leads and also does backing vox on the other songs.

We Will Rock You (Jeff)
Tie Your Mother Down (Jeff)
Now I'm Here (Yvan, I think)
Love Of My Life (Marc)
I Want It All (Jeff)
Killer Queen (Marc)
The March Of The Black Queen (Jennifer)
Dragon Attack (Jeff)
Bicycle Race (Jeff & Yvan)
I Want To Break Free (Yvan)
You Take My Breath Away (can't remember)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Marc)
Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon (Marc)
I'm In Love With My Car (Tyler)
Save Me (Jeff)
Bohemian Rhapsody (Marc & Jeff)
One Vision (Marc)
A Kind Of Magic (Yvan)
Don't Stop Me Now (Marc & Jennifer)
Under Pressure (Marc & Jeff)
Another One Bites The Dust (Jeff)
Who Wants To Live Forever (Jennifer)
Fat Bottomed Girls (Jeff)
Stone Cold Crazy (Jeff)
You're My Best Friend (Jennifer)
Seven Seas Of Rhye (Yvan)
In The Lap Of The Gods (Marc)
Radio Ga Ga (Marc)
Somebody To Love (Marc)
We Will Rock You (Yvan)
We Are The Champions (Yvan & Marc)
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed May 30, 2012 12:34 pm

I think it's very much worth reiterating that I have always thought that Soto was as nice and communicative to his fans as anyone in the business. Perhaps to a fault, at times, but I'll always give a guy the benefit of the doubt for doing too much, when I think that far too many in the music industry do too little.

PS What a set list posted by Ed. Shocked That's truly a great treat for fans of Queen music.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 am

Here are some sentiments posted on YouTube about Soto singing Fat Bottom Girls that echo my own:

Wow...I'm going to the upcoming show in Philly...and I must say, I'm getting a bit upset/disappointed! I bought my tickets to see Marc Martel sing my favorites (one being this) and this is just awful. I can listen to Marc, close my eyes, and see Freddie singing right along with him. This just simply isn't what I was looking forward to! And that Yvan guy that sings "I want to break free" is god awful as well! I hope Roger sees this before June 7!

Really? Martel is waaay more a fit for Queen songs. Not that Soto can't sing, but his voice just doesn't fit the songs as well as Marc's does. He's the highlight of these QE shows.

Jeff Scott Soto has no business singing Queen songs anywhere other than in a local bar. He just doesn't cover them well ... at all. And that has nothing to do with him as a professional singer. It's just about his voice and its current capabilities. He sounds nothing like Freddie Mercury and is not a tenor (anymore). The fact that he is singing on the Mark Martel Audition Tour is no mistake, though. Pitting Soto against a guy that sounds exactly like Mercury, has a soaring tenor voice and can move from register to register flawlessly just makes Martel look that much better. And that's exactly what Taylor wants ... people leaving the show clamoring about how Martel is the only dead ringer in the Extravaganza for Mercury. And just how forgettable the Soto, Yvan and Espinoza renditions were. In all fairness, though, Soto, Espinoza and Yvan are in impossible roles here. Martel sounds more like the recorded Queen songs live than even Freddie Mercury did. He's simply naturally a vocal dead ringer for Mercury, and the ease at which he glides through some pretty difficult songs is pretty astonishing. On the other hand, Soto tries to power his way through songs, vocal nuances and range be damned. Effectively, this makes Martel a tribute singer paying homage to Queen and Soto more like your local bar dude singing a (pretty good) karaoke rendition.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Ouch! ........chirp! chirp! ..............sizzle Laughing

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:51 pm

The Queen Extravaganza 47142
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 pm

The Queen Extravaganza 47142 x2

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Laughing I can only begin to try and imagine if Schon and Cain had come up with this very same concept (which I think is a pretty good idea, regardless of May putting his foot in his mouth). Sit on their duffs and present a traveling "Extravaganza" of Journey music to North America, containing no original members, while they tour a handful of dates (4 this year I think) with their American Idol bi-sexual freak. They, and everyone performing, would have been crushed and denigrated beyond belief. Especially if they had a baritone out there singing Perry's tenor parts. Martel (by a landslide) is really the only person worth seeing in this show, and the reviews, opinions of the masses and quality of vocals all suggest as much. For the others, it's a little bit of exposure and a pay check. But nothing more. This is simply Martel's audition tour, cleverly disguised as something else.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Saint John wrote: Laughing I can only begin to try and imagine if Schon and Cain had come up with this very same concept (which I think is a pretty good idea, regardless of May putting his foot in his mouth). Sit on their duffs and present a traveling "Extravaganza" of Journey music to North America, containing no original members, while they tour a handful of dates (4 this year I think) with their American Idol bi-sexual freak. They, and everyone performing, would have been crushed and denigrated beyond belief. Especially if they had a baritone out there singing Perry's tenor parts. Martel (by a landslide) is really the only person worth seeing in this show, and the reviews, opinions of the masses and quality of vocals all suggest as much. For the others, it's a little bit of exposure and a pay check. But nothing more. This is simply Martel's audition tour, cleverly disguised as something else.

LOL, first off Lambert isn't bi-sexual, he's straight out gay. Laughing And I've read good reviews and opinions for both Martel and Soto. But of course you aren't looking for those..... Laughing Personally I like that they have Soto doing the more hard rockers in the catalogue and Martel covering the more higher end and ballads. That Ivan guy hasn't impressed me, but I like Martel alot he's got a good voice and just happens to have a very similiar tone to Mercury. So yeah I really like him on the Queen stuff, but I'm not throwing Soto's and Jennifer's contributions aside either. Looks like they have Martel and Soto sharing the songs pretty evenly from what I can tell from the setlists with Jennifer and Ivan having a few each. I really dig Jennifer's voice, she's got great tone. But then I guess I will save any further opinions until I've actually seen QE live on the 2nd. How about you? Laughing
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Well, duh, of course Soto is doing the harder stuff. He lacks the nuanced delivery, range and finesse to sing the emotive ballads and more skilled tenor songs. Pretty much the same way he was almost instantly banned from singing Open Arms and Faithfully. And this isn't a knock on Soto. This material is just way out of his league (range). He's a baritone and the songs (almost exclusively) require a tenor, and his timbre is simply too dark for proper renditions of the songs. Case closed. It's like Elvis (a baritone) trying to sing Patiently.

Here's your typical review and it pretty much reflects what all of the writers that have reviewed it have to say:

Concert Review: Queen Extravaganza at House of Blues
Posted by Michael Gallucci on Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Review #1:

Queen is a band I've loved for nearly half my life.

They laughingly tower over superlatives. They are everything I ever wanted from a band and more. With the most charismatic and vocally gifted singer to ever grace the Earth in Freddie Mercury, listening to Queen was listening to the heights of creativity and the outlands of beautiful '70s hard rock pomposity.

For me, a Queen song was an experience: sacrament by sound wave. So, despite the fact that the phrase "tribute band" makes my skin crawl, I rolled the dice last night and went down to House of Blues to see the Queen Extravaganza, Queen's official tribute act.

This was not going to be any tribute band. The QE were put together by Queen drummer Roger Taylor, who, along with guitarist Brian May, have been tasked with the duty of preserving the legacy of Queen for the past 20 years after the passing of Mercury in 1991.

I was only a year old when Queen performed their last shows in the U.S., so the chance to see even an officially sanctioned second-hand show gave me the hope that at certain moments in the evening, I could close my eyes and achieve the feeling of being at a teen in 1977.

And so began the two-hour extravaganza, a rapid-fire, 35-song show that seemed to get it right more than wrong. There were a few gaffes that are to be expected of a tribute band, even a great one: a dropped microphone, some sketchy harmony clashes, some missed cues, etc.

But all in all, it was really great sounding group.The set list was full of the super hits you'd expect, with a few gems thrown in for the hardcore fans ("Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon," "March of the Black Queen," "In the Lap of the Gods," to name a few).

The backing band was tight, dynamic, and able to maneuver through the technically complex musical twists that each song threw at them.

Guitarists Tristan Avakian and Brian Gresh are technically skilled axe men who would have been a lot more enjoyable if it weren't for the putrid parade of hacky '80s hair-metal antics they used all night: backflips, awkward hip gyrations, the "use my guitar as a gun and shoot you" move, the "use my guitar as a cock and jerk off" move, etc. Considering how many liberties they took in the solos, the term "jerking off" is metaphorically accurate.

But when they managed to set their egos aside and stay true to the song, they were great.

Metal scene veteran Jeff Scott Soto did a commendable job singing the edgier selections ("Tie Your Mother Down," "Stone Cold Crazy") with respectable gruff and bite. Energetic songstress Jennifer Espinoza was delightful with renditions of the lighter and higher fare ("You're My Best Friend," "Who Wants to Live Forever").

But the star of the evening was, without a doubt, singer Marc Martel. His QE audition video was a viral sensation and a revelation to Queen fans around the world.

His performance last night was simply amazing. From the sweet, soulful delivery of the fan favorite "Love of My Life" to the worldwide sing- and clap-along "Radio Ga Ga" to the Elvis-inspired "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," Martel delivered a vocal and stage performance that was consistent with that of Mercury's, without doing an impersonation.

No easy task, indeed. Remember the name Marc Martel. This guy is destined to be a star.

So what did I think? I think the the band sounded great, the set list provided something for everyone, the light show, and JumboTron backdrop were really impressive. Everyone seemed to have a blast. It was a quality production all around. I really enjoyed it. I also hated it.

I hated it because it was an invention born straight from necessity. I hated it because it's needed and because the original isn't with us anymore. I hate it because he isn't with us anymore.

The Queen Extravaganza is made up of nine musicians who, while highly talented and entertaining to watch, were thoroughly outgunned by the ever-present shadow of a man who died two decades ago. Nine semi-pro musicians. They could have had 50 more up there as much as it mattered.

I don't think there is any semblance of musicians out there could have done a better job then the Queen Extravaganza did. That's the scary part.

DSCN0331.JPG

For young music fans, Freddie Mercury is the Paul Bunyan of rock — the real stuff of myth. I've seen enough archival footage to know the man existed, although it doesn't make it easier to believe someone so larger than life was actually real.

If you think it's all hyperbole, go on YouTube, search for their performance at 1985's Live Aid, sit back, and prepare to get religion. It's a performance for the ages, and it's a specter that these poor souls in the Queen Extravaganza are going to have to hopelessly chase for their duration, whether they like it or not.

To answer his most famous opening line, it was both real life and fantasy last night at House of Blues. If only the two-hour fantasy could erase the knowledge of the real life, the knowledge that he's gone and he ain't coming back.

The Queen is dead. Long live the Queen. —Justin Smith

Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Manarocks Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Attended the opening show of the U.S. tour this past Thursday May 31st here in Detroit at the Fox Theatre. Being a Queen fan since seeing them in 1975 (Sheer Heart Tour) this show brought back great memories. All the singers were great especially Marc and Yvan. Marc was the lead front man talking between songs. During intermission the people around us were not impressed with Soto. They also recognized him from fronting Journey when they were here in 2006 and they thought Soto was out of place in Journey. My highlights are Bohemian Rhapsody (Marc lead) in which they utilized every musican to sing the all the parts in this song. No pre-recorded vocals were used. Under Pressure where Soto sang the David Bowie part with Marc and In The Lap Of The Gods(Marc). Also The Show Must Go On Marc was amazing. I agree with Saint John this is Marc's audition tour. We did not get to meet the band after the show for the meet and greet being held in the front of the theatre. Show ended early giving us enough time to catch the last 3 song from Creed who were playing to a sold out Fillmore theatre next door to the Fox Theatre. Great night. If you have a chance catch the Queen Extravaganza you will enjoy it.
Manarocks
Manarocks
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:09 am

I had a chance to go to Philly to see it tonight but it's too much rushing around to get there from Baltimore with an early showtime. I think once will be enough anyway so I'll be seeing it tomorrow night in Washington, DC at the 9:30 Club (which is in a really BAD neighborhood) The Queen Extravaganza 243542
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 am

Ed wrote: I had a chance to go to Philly to see it tonight but it's too much rushing around to get there from Baltimore with an early showtime. I think once will be enough anyway so I'll be seeing it tomorrow night in Washington, DC at the 9:30 Club (which is in a really BAD neighborhood) The Queen Extravaganza 243542

For just over a $1 a song, it's a worthwhile endeavor, assuming you like Queen's music. If I did, I'd be there in a minute. Just make sure to try and projectile vomit in the face of that idiot guitarist when he starts doing flips.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Manarocks Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:13 am

Saint John wrote:
Ed wrote: I had a chance to go to Philly to see it tonight but it's too much rushing around to get there from Baltimore with an early showtime. I think once will be enough anyway so I'll be seeing it tomorrow night in Washington, DC at the 9:30 Club (which is in a really BAD neighborhood) The Queen Extravaganza 243542
For just over a $1 a song, it's a worthwhile endeavor, assuming you like Queen's music. If I did, I'd be there in a minute. Just make sure to try and projectile vomit in the face of that idiot guitarist when he starts doing flips.
Why is the guitarist an idiot???? Brian Gresh is an amazing player as is Tristan Avakian. http://womc.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2012/05/31/the-queen-extravaganza-in-detroit/
Manarocks
Manarocks
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Saint John wrote:

If he fell on his head doing that flip, broke his neck and died right in front of me I'd probably hyperventalate from laughter and they'd have to call a 2nd meat wagon.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Ed wrote:
Saint John wrote:

If he fell on his head doing that flip, broke his neck and died right in front of me I'd probably hyperventalate from laughter and they'd have to call a 2nd meat wagon.

Laughing Shocked Laughing

Also, Manarocks, his flips are fucking silly. I never said a word about his playing. I hope he can play as well from a coffin, like Ed so eloquently imagined. Laughing
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Still no clips from last night, but this is Martel and Soto working it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOyB1a9Ylh4
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

The Queen Extravaganza Empty Pic from Friday night aftershow

Post by Ed Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:25 am

The Queen Extravaganza QueenExt
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:21 am

Manarocks wrote:Attended the opening show of the U.S. tour this past Thursday May 31st here in Detroit at the Fox Theatre. Being a Queen fan since seeing them in 1975 (Sheer Heart Tour) this show brought back great memories. All the singers were great especially Marc and Yvan. Marc was the lead front man talking between songs. During intermission the people around us were not impressed with Soto. They also recognized him from fronting Journey when they were here in 2006 and they thought Soto was out of place in Journey. My highlights are Bohemian Rhapsody (Marc lead) in which they utilized every musican to sing the all the parts in this song. No pre-recorded vocals were used. Under Pressure where Soto sang the David Bowie part with Marc and In The Lap Of The Gods(Marc). Also The Show Must Go On Marc was amazing. I agree with Saint John this is Marc's audition tour. We did not get to meet the band after the show for the meet and greet being held in the front of the theatre. Show ended early giving us enough time to catch the last 3 song from Creed who were playing to a sold out Fillmore theatre next door to the Fox Theatre. Great night. If you have a chance catch the Queen Extravaganza you will enjoy it.

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the show, Sir.
Good seeing ya around here again Manarocks! Smile
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down