What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll Get Killed For This, But ...

+3
natalie
GI_Jim
Saint John
7 posters

Go down

I'll Get Killed For This, But ... Empty I'll Get Killed For This, But ...

Post by Saint John Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:45 pm

I think this is an amazing arrangement of a very cool 80's song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONNeaMaiPY

PS Ed, you keep your fucking mouth shut! Laughing Embarassed
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

I'll Get Killed For This, But ... Empty Re: I'll Get Killed For This, But ...

Post by GI_Jim Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:08 pm

I think it's awesome! Thanks for posting it. I've always been a huge fan. I've also always thought there was something about her that's hot as hell. Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:55 pm

GI_Jim wrote:I think it's awesome! Thanks for posting it. I've always been a huge fan. I've also always thought there was something about her that's hot as hell. Very Happy
Agreed on all counts, Jim. The nuances in the arrangement are just excellent and she really owns the song. Plus she has really nice tits. I'll Get Killed For This, But ... 488270
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Some interesting facts, the bolded being very interesting:

Cynthia Ann Stephanie Lauper (born June 22, 1953, in Queens, New York) is an American singer, songwriter and actress.

She achieved success in the mid-1980s with the release of the debut solo album She's So Unusual in 1983, which included four Billboard Hot 100 top-five songs—"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "Time After Time", "She Bop" and "All Through the Night"—She's So Unusual was the first album in history to have four top five singles by a female. The album earned Lauper Best New Artist at the 27th Grammy Awards in 1985.

Her success continued with the follow-up, True Colors in 1986, which included two Billboard Hot 100 top-ten songs—"True Colors" and "Change of Heart", and earned two nominations at the 29th Grammy Awards.

Since 1989, she has released nine studio albums to critical acclaim, including A Night to Remember (1989), Hat Full of Stars (1993), Sisters of Avalon (1996), Merry Christmas... Have a Nice Life (1998), Shine (2001), At Last (2003), The Body Acoustic (2005), Bring Ya to the Brink (2008).

In 2010, her eleventh studio album, Memphis Blues, topped the Billboard Blues Albums chart for thirteen consecutive weeks at number one, and included five Billboard Digital Blues Songs top-five songs—"Just Your Fool", "Crossroads", "How Blue Can You Get?", "Rollin' and Tumblin'" and "Early in the Mornin'", became her most successful album on the charts since She's So Unusual and True Colors.

Lauper has also released over 40 singles, and as of 2011 had sold more than 50 million albums worldwide, and 1 million DVDs and 20 million singles, which makes her one of the best selling artists of all time.

Throughout her career, Lauper has won numerous awards, including Grammy, Emmy, MTV VMA, Billboard and AMA. In 1999, Lauper ranked #58 of the 100 Greatest Women of Rock & Roll by VH1.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Saint John wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:I think it's awesome! Thanks for posting it. I've always been a huge fan. I've also always thought there was something about her that's hot as hell. Very Happy
Agreed on all counts, Jim. The nuances in the arrangement are just excellent and she really owns the song. Plus she has really nice tits. I'll Get Killed For This, But ... 488270

Also agreed on all counts.....well, I don't really know about the boobies...I haven't seen the results of her latest mammogram.

She's only 16 days younger than my mom!!!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:26 am

It appears she's lost NOTHING vocally. I'm not a huge fan (or much of a fan at all, to be honest), so maybe I'm not qualified to make that judgment. But damn, she sounds good. I prefer the studio arrangement though. Acoustic arrangements are very hit and miss for me, especially when it comes to AOR and power pop. One of the only artists who can consistently make kickass acoustic versions is Hall & Oates. I've yet to hear a bad arrangement from those guys on that end.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Perhaps we should change the name of this forum to fagville? Laughing
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Behshad wrote:Perhaps we should change the name of this forum to fagville? Laughing

LOL, you do randomly come out with a good zinger now and then. I'll Get Killed For This, But ... 959685
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Deb wrote:
Behshad wrote:Perhaps we should change the name of this forum to fagville? Laughing

LOL, you do randomly come out with a good zinger now and then. I'll Get Killed For This, But ... 959685

Thanks dear. Wish I could say the same about you ! Twisted Evil Laughing Just kiddin ! I love you I'll Get Killed For This, But ... 351270
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Behshad wrote:
Deb wrote:

Thanks dear. Wish I could say the same about you ! Twisted Evil Laughing Just kiddin ! I love you I'll Get Killed For This, But ... 351270

LOL, I better not randomly come 'out' with a good zinger.....my zinger's an 'inny'. I'll Get Killed For This, But ... 143830
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Albano "Tell him how all women belong in the kitchen Cyndi..." Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down