What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday

4 posters

Go down

KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday Empty KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday

Post by Ed Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 am

I'm going the next day at the same venue for the official opening night of the tour:

KISS LIVE: A THANK YOU TO OUR TROOPS & VETERANS

KISS PAYS TRIBUTE TO U.S. MILITARY WITH A PRIVATE CONCERT FOR TROOPS AND VETERANS AT JIFFY LUBE LIVE IN BRISTOW, VIRGINIA ON JULY 19

On the eve of KISS’ massive national tour with Mötley Crüe, the legendary iconic rock band honors the U.S. military with an intimate concert at Jiffy Lube Live in Bristow, Virginia. On July 19, KISS, longtime supporters of the military, will put on their infamous rock show for over 2,000 service men and women. Presenting sponsor Boomer Magazine, Virginia's source of entertainment for baby boomers, coordinated the free ticket distribution through the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and various military agencies. Troops and Veterans attending will receive a special commemorative KISS t-shirt.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday Empty Re: KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 am

Kiss is on my very short list of bands I've yet to see that I must see before they hang it up.

Not even a HUGE fan of their studio stuff (i.e., i like them but don't know a huge portion of the catalog), but seeing them live would be an incredible experience. Good for them.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday Empty Re: KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:18 am

Ehwmatt wrote:Kiss is on my very short list of bands I've yet to see that I must see before they hang it up.

I was kinda late to the KISS party, but I've probably seen them 3-4 times, and they are GREAT. Top notch production. KISS probably combines just the right amount of theatrics, but doesn't go overboard, like Pink Floyd. When you raise it the obnoxious level that PF does, it's not really a concert anymore.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:09 pm

I really love that Kiss supports the military, and I think it's cool as hell! Awesome band. Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 pm

GI_Jim wrote:I really love that Kiss supports the military

Honestly, you'd think that there would be bands lining up to do this. Sadly, there's not. WWE always does a few free shows ... and they go to where the troops are. I love that.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Saint John wrote:

Honestly, you'd think that there would be bands lining up to do this. Sadly, there's not. WWE always does a few free shows ... and they go to where the troops are. I love that.

You'd actually be surprised Dan. There are tons of bands and comedians that go overseas for USO tours. they do them all the time. I think it's awesome, and it's a great distraction from what they go through every day.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:

You'd actually be surprised Dan. There are tons of bands and comedians that go overseas for USO tours. they do them all the time. I think it's awesome, and it's a great distraction from what they go through every day.

Yeah, I've heard of lesser tier bands doing it, but it's not every day that you about a huge act like KISS doing so. But you're right about comedians. That's exactly what the soldiers on the ground need, too, is a good laugh.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Giving away free shirts to all in attendance.

KISS playing free show for troops this Thursday AyNK6IaCUAAgKmM
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:00 pm

New KISS song

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 pm

The new song isn't too bad. Definitely shows some serious wear and tear on Paul's vocals, but considering his age... not bad at all! It's definitely not my favorite Kiss song, so I hope they pull out some better tunes for the album. To me it reminds me of Modern Day Delilah.

I'd love to hear them hit more of their 80's sound, but without Bruce, it'll never sound the same. I'm still pissed that they let him go, as he was hands-down the best guitarist to ever play with the band. Oh well... I hope I like this album better than the last one. I played it for about 3 days, then retired it. Crying or Very sad
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Gene's bass is buried in the mix. This sounds like a Kevin Shirley mix, but it's not. It's just not a good mix. Something is just off. Can't put my finger on it, but I'm drunk, so I'll listen again in the morning.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:36 am

Heading out from work at lunchtime. The venue is 70 miles from here and 20 miles west of Washington, DC. There will be massive Friday afternoon traffic.

Last tour I spent 3K for front row seats and the Kiss meet and greet for me and my family.

This time I got a $16 lawn ticket. clown
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:28 am

Still quite the spectacle after all these years. Very Happy

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:29 pm

And they did play the new single last night.

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Great stuff, Ed. Any Mötley clips and how 'bout a short review of the night? Smile
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Saint John wrote:Great stuff, Ed. Any Mötley clips and how 'bout a short review of the night? Smile

The vocal "stylings" of Vince Neil. Laughing

They were good though. Vince is like David Lee Roth. Good frontman, despite the croaking vox.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Mötley Crüe
Saints Of Los Angeles
Wild Side
Shout At The Devil
Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)
Looks That Kill
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
Sex
Tommy Lee Drum Solo
Home Sweet Home
Primal Scream
Dr. Feelgood
Girls, Girls, Girls
Kickstart My Heart

KISS
Detroit Rock City
Shout It Out Loud
I Love It Loud
Love Gun
Firehouse
War Machine
Shock Me/Tommy Thayer & Eric Singer Jam
Hell Or Hallelujah
God Of Thunder/Gene Simmons Bass Solo
Lick It Up
Black Diamond
Rock And Roll All Nite
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 pm

KISS did not come on until 10pm and got cut a bit short because of curfew. Opening night stuff. Already heard them and Motley will adjust that.

EDIT: KISS had to cut Deuce and Crazy, Crazy Nights. Curfew and weather issues. (Storms in the area)
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:12 pm

I think KISS are tuned down to "D" if I had to guess. It has to help Paul though and the songs sound a little more menacing that way.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down