What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew's sensitivity...

3 posters

Go down

Andrew's sensitivity... Empty Andrew's sensitivity...

Post by GI_Jim Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Apparently me picking on Andrew about how long it's taking him to build his new site has caused him to delete my account on MR. While I was poking you Andrew, it was in fun. I recall helping your site out a few times financially, but those days are over. No, I didn't donate hundreds of dollars. $50 here, $40 there a few times, but I believed in your site. I organized several people to donate at Christmas time (more than once) to help you, because I knew you were struggling. I LOVED reading on your site, and interacting with many of the cool, funny, quirky personalities on there. Even with you.

Then it changed. The tone there changed. I had a bad business deal with you. You told Alex and I that you would put our song on your MRCD. You gave us a deadline, and we got you the song before the deadline. Weeks go by, and we hear nothing. You then announce the track-listing for the cd, and Cold Heart is nowhere to be found. When I asked about it, you blew it off with a "Oh, I thought that was a DEMO that you guys sent me. I didn't know the song was finished.". It's because you had listened to a song I sent you MONTHS prior. Then when you realized your screw-up, you tack us on to the "free download" songs with about 20 other bands. You also said you'd do a write-up on the front page for us, and you added ONE short sentence about us. I know people weren't lining up to buy the cd because of our involvement, but I'm sure you sold a FEW albums because of us. After being told we were going to be on the cd, I told friends/family, only to look like a dumb ass when it didn't happen. VERY poor way to run a business right there!

I then get into arguments with Jeremey and Vana, and each time, you take sides with them even after I show you in Vana's case, the ridiculous, and even threatening texts the asshole was sending me. Why do you side with him? Because he has many contacts in the music business that can help you, and I don't. Seems like he's burned many of HIS musical connections because of his attitude towards others. Hmm.... maybe it wasn't me after all.

While I had no intention of posting on MR anymore as I know you can't stand me or the way I post, I DID like having the option of sending PM's to friends. If you think I'm going to grovel to you to get my account re-instated, you are crazy as a pile of wombat shit. I will connect with them through other means.

Good day to you sir!

GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Andrew's sensitivity... Empty Re: Andrew's sensitivity...

Post by natalie Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Seriously, Jimbo....this is really getting old!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:37 pm

natalie wrote: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Fuck off.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 pm

GI_Jim wrote:

Fuck off.

Deal. As soon as you drop the whole "Poor me, Andrew picks on me" routine.

Now go do something PRODUCTIVE....like, oh, I don't know.....work on your ALBUM!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 pm

natalie wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:

Fuck off.

Deal. As soon as you drop the whole "Poor me, Andrew picks on me" routine.

Now go do something PRODUCTIVE....like, oh, I don't know.....work on your ALBUM!

This isn't a sympathy thread. This is me letting him know how I feel about the whole situation. PUBLICLY. That's what forums are for. Melodicrock is his website, and he can run it as he sees fit. Even if that means banning people who have supported his site for years.

It doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that the site is in trouble. Album sales for MR are probably at an all-time low. All of the big bands that he used to interview are long past their heyday, and are no longer relevant in todays music world (which is no fault of his own). Each year, musicians seem to be dying off at an increasing rate because we're all getting older. I'm sure many of the "major" acts are a tour or two away from retirement. Bands from the 80's don't make a wave when they release new albums minus the handful of die-hard fans, and even most of them will download the albums illegally.

Now add to that, someone who lets musicians get MURDERED on his site publicly (Neal Schon midget pictures, Arnel pictures, J.C. in a dress, etc...), yet jumps at the 1st funny blip about Soto or Vana. Two guys that couldn't fill a local Wild Wings on their own draw. That's not knocking their talent either, as they're both much more talented at music than I am and probably will ever be. What I'm saying is that in the world of music, they are irrelevant. He defends them to the very end whether they're right or wrong, yet lets the bands that he should be concerned with get verbally abused on there daily. It's one-sided, and it's costing him money.

So to wrap up my thesis here... bad market, poor business skills, and running off the people who have helped keep him afloat in a dying market. Not smart.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh, and I AM working on my album. At Andrew's pace. Laughing Basketball
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 pm

My suggestion for the site's new slogan:

"Melodicrock.com: Bringing you artist updates and transcribing interviews at the speed of dark."

Last edited by Saint John on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Saint John wrote:My suggestion for the site's new slogan:

"Melodicrock.com: Bringing you artist updates and transcribing interviews at the speed of dark."

Laughing Laughing Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 am

GI_Jim wrote:
This isn't a sympathy thread. This is me letting him know how I feel about the whole situation. PUBLICLY.

OK, but haven't you already done that? Like once a week for the last year or so??????

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 am

natalie wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:
This isn't a sympathy thread. This is me letting him know how I feel about the whole situation. PUBLICLY.

OK, but haven't you already done that? Like once a week for the last year or so??????

Nope. We've argued a few times for sure though. He (or someone else that has moderator status) has banned my IP address on MR before, but supposedly I'd never been banned until now. I haven't even posted on MR for over 2 months, and now I get banned. Laughing

And if you don't like to read my rants, then don't. Seems pretty simple to me Natalie. BTW, I'm sure he appreciates the ass-kissing posts you've thrown up in his defense. I recall you jumping to my defense in PM's in the past against him (and others) on MR. I guess that changed now? Laughing Andrew's sensitivity... 530850
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:15 am

GI_Jim wrote:And if you don't like to read my rants, then don't. Seems pretty simple to me Natalie. BTW, I'm sure he appreciates the ass-kissing posts you've thrown up in his defense.
I'm not defending him or kissing his ass for that matter. I have no reason to. Yes, I could ignore your rants......all of them. But, I look at it more like a public service. You do know that the defintion of insane is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I'm just trying to point out to you that you need mental health intervention if you think that these rants are going to yield different results..

GI_Jim wrote:I recall you jumping to my defense in PM's in the past against him (and others) on MR. I guess that changed now? Laughing Andrew's sensitivity... 530850
I don't recall that at all. Are you sure it wasn't the voices in your head telling you that? Wink

Look, Jimbo~I adore you and you know that-I have no problem with you, just saying it's time for some new material-that's all......now, get down to the Sports Forum and lets talk football!!!!!

And if you ever tell me to fuck off again I'm going to kick your ass.

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:35 am

You're right Natalie. I don't expect them to yield different results. Arguing with Andrew is like arguing with Phyllis. They're both so thick-headed that they can't see the plain truth right in front of them. Laughing My goal here isn't to change anything though... it's to let him know where I stand, and what I think. That's it.

You have gone on my defense more than once in the past via PM's when I was arguing with Andrew, and all the other dickbags there. I have said so, therefore it is true. Wink

I don't give a dead moose's last SHIT about watching sports of any kind, so you won't find me in that forum.

Oh yeah, and....

FUCK YOU!!!! Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:37 am

GI_Jim wrote:Oh yeah, and....

FUCK YOU!!!! Very Happy

Only in your dreams, darlin'.

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 am

natalie wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:Oh yeah, and....

FUCK YOU!!!! Very Happy

Only in your dreams, darlin'.

You mean my nightmares??? Very Happy Laughing AGHHHHH!!! Laughing Going to bed now. affraid Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum