What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey cancels show...

+2
Behshad
GI_Jim
6 posters

Go down

Journey cancels show... Empty Journey cancels show...

Post by GI_Jim Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:46 pm

And fans aren't happy! Shocked Laughing I'm a friend of Journey's on FB, and I saw their thread today about canceling an upcoming show. Here it is...

JOURNEY'S CONCERT TONIGHT IS CANCELLED

We are sorry to say that Arnel is under strict doctor's orders to rest his voice today, so unfortunately, tonight's show in Lafayette, Louisiana is cancelled.

Journey was looking forward to tonight's show after Hurricane Isaac forced the August concert to be postponed.

The band truly regrets now having to cancel the show tonight due to Arnel's illness, but hopes to be able to perform in Lafayette the next chance they get.

Journey's tour resumes as planned on October 30, 2012 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Tickets purchased for tonight's concert via internet or phone will automatically be refunded. All other tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.

And here are the first comments that I saw when I clicked on it...

May we see the doctor's note?
51 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 3

Lino Mardegan Its not Arnels fault...one o.ly need to look in one direction...Neil ruined a exceptional band..turned them into a fest and small venue. Rather then a stadium power house..over power...steve is journey not neil..
50 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 3

Patrick King loose your voice...loose your job...thats journey now
50 minutes ago · Like · 2

Ludy Maniego-eka Oh wow! Anyone but arnel will be journey? Now that's obvious. Lol
48 minutes ago via mobile · Like

I don't know the details of it, but if they are just giving him "vocal rest", I applaud them for it. If they would have done that with Perry, I believe he'd still be at the helm. If not, he'd definitely be out there still singing on his own.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Last edited by GI_Jim on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Journey cancels show... Empty Re: Journey cancels show...

Post by GI_Jim Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Just read another hilarious post. DAMN!!!

@ Joyce,they aren't doing anything good,eggroll dude is lousy,his accent is terrible when he sings,Deen beat up his girlfriend,Neal is sending nude pictures of him,plus Neal is a homewrecker,sounds like a circus too act too me!!!!!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

And another...

Get well soon Arnel! And...watch your back. Steve Augeri was fired when he had problems with his voice. I'm sure someone wouldn't hesitate to do it again when it comes right down to it.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 am

I wonder who they will call this time to fill in . Maybe Kevin ?
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am

Behshad wrote:I wonder who they will call this time to fill in . Maybe Kevin ?

I just hope if he quits or gets let go that they find someone from AMERICA. He's a great guy, but I've never been able to get over the accent. I haven't really cared about Journey since Augeri. I'm sure there are a few people here in the states that could sound the part. Just a matter of them finding them.

If they stay on the same course... I won't see them live again. It's just not the same to me. Neal, you fractured the stone buddy. Way to go!!! Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Neal proposed to his ho-bag in my hometown and I wasn't there to witness it. No

Must have been very romantic.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Ed wrote:Neal proposed to his ho-bag in my hometown and I wasn't there to witness it. No

Must have been very romantic.

I think he did it over the phone didn't he? Lol
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Arnel has steel spine that Augeri was never able to find and/or was simply too nice of a guy to look for. Journey tried to force Arnel to tour with Foreigner for an extra leg on the Revelation tour. It was his first tour with the band, an obviously tough situation to be in. His response? He got on a plane and went home, citing that they had no grounds to make him tour. J.T. slapped one of his assistants, Yule (yeah, the gay, but very nice, guy). What did Arnel do? J.T. is no longer employed by Journey. The little man has a mind of his own, huge balls and calls the shots, when his voice is concerned. There are a few other instances, but I think the main ones have been covered. Smile

Lastly, if Arnel feels he isn't ready to sing when the tour resumes, you can bet your ball sacks that he will not be stepping out on stage. bom
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Saint John wrote:Arnel has steel spine that Augeri was never able to find and/or was simply too nice of a guy to look for. Journey tried to force Arnel to tour with Foreigner for an extra leg on the Revelation tour. It was his first tour with the band, an obviously tough situation to be in. His response? He got on a plane and went home, citing that they had no grounds to make him tour. J.T. slapped one of his assistants, Yule (yeah, the gay, but very nice, guy). What did Arnel do? J.T. is no longer employed by Journey. The little man has a mind of his own, huge balls and calls the shots, when his voice is concerned. There are a few other instances, but I think the main ones have been covered. Smile

Lastly, if Arnel feels he isn't ready to sing when the tour resumes, you can bet your ball sacks that he will not be stepping out on stage. bom

Is this some kind of Neal cock joke here? Lol!!!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:Arnel has steel spine that Augeri was never able to find and/or was simply too nice of a guy to look for. Journey tried to force Arnel to tour with Foreigner for an extra leg on the Revelation tour. It was his first tour with the band, an obviously tough situation to be in. His response? He got on a plane and went home, citing that they had no grounds to make him tour. J.T. slapped one of his assistants, Yule (yeah, the gay, but very nice, guy). What did Arnel do? J.T. is no longer employed by Journey. The little man has a mind of his own, huge balls and calls the shots, when his voice is concerned. There are a few other instances, but I think the main ones have been covered. Smile

Is this some kind of Neal cock joke here? Lol!!!

bouncecheerslol!Journey cancels show... 50667Journey cancels show... 728568
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Arnel is superb live, but they really should have went with Chalfant way back when....
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Gideon wrote:Arnel is superb live, but they really should have went with Chalfant way back when....

Kevin's voice is/was excellent, but as a touring Journey singer, I don't think it has/had the strength to sing this catalog. But I'm absolutely *dying* to hear the songs they recorded, and he's alluded to the fact (more than once) that he has them in his "sock drawer." Sounds like there are legal constraints to them being leaked/released. And we all know that, if that's true, there can only be one person behind that.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:35 pm

LOL, funny how Arnel has a 'steal spine' and 'huge balls' when it comes to when, if, how he should sing and take care of his voice and health.............hmmmm, not quite the same words you've used when it came to Perry doing the same when it concerns his voice and health. scratch Laughing
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Deb wrote:

LOL, funny how Arnel has a 'steal spine' and 'huge balls' when it comes to when, if, how he should sing and take care of his voice and health.............hmmmm, not quite the same words you've used when it came to Perry doing the same when it concerns his voice and health. scratch Laughing

Apple and oranges, really. Arnel takes impeccable care of his voice, and he does so before, during and after shows. Nostrildamus, with a toxic combination of alcohol and vocal steroids, ran his voice into the ground. I don't see any parallel between the two. Just look at the ROR interviews, where the guy has a drink in his hand all the time. Need more evidence? He's obliterated during the Bill Graham Tribute. Imagine the classlessness it takes to show up to a somber tribute and be out of your mind. Honestly, I'd expect that sort of behavior out of Schon, but both Neal and Jon seemed utterly embarrassed to be on that stage. By all accounts, Perry didn't take any care of his voice past about 1980.

And he continued to be a money hungry goofball even with a damaged voice. Just look at the FTLOSM tour. He was a half step down, eliminated staples like Open Arms and Who's Crying Now because he couldn't do them even a half step down, yet he had no problem choosing a quick buck over his voice. No man in his right mind would schedule, in 1994, the following dates in November. The 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th. That's 10 shows in 12 days. 5 days in a row??? Then a day off, a show, another day off and then 4 more in a row??? Yeah, this is a guy that really knew how to take care of his voice. Laughing But coming from a guy that used to stomp around the recording studio yelling "Time is money!" it's not all that surprising. Seems like he should have been less worried about money while touring and recording, and more so about his voice. Maybe he'd still have one.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 am

Saint John wrote:
Deb wrote:

Apple and oranges, really. Arnel takes impeccable care of his voice, and he does so before, during and after shows. Nostrildamus, with a toxic combination of alcohol and vocal steroids, ran his voice into the ground. I don't see any parallel between the two. Just look at the ROR interviews, where the guy has a drink in his hand all the time. Need more evidence? He's obliterated during the Bill Graham Tribute. Imagine the classlessness it takes to show up to a somber tribute and be out of your mind. Honestly, I'd expect that sort of behavior out of Schon, but both Neal and Jon seemed utterly embarrassed to be on that stage. By all accounts, Perry didn't take any care of his voice past about 1980.

And he continued to be a money hungry goofball even with a damaged voice. Just look at the FTLOSM tour. He was a half step down, eliminated staples like Open Arms and Who's Crying Now because he couldn't do them even a half step down, yet he had no problem choosing a quick buck over his voice. No man in his right mind would schedule, in 1994, the following dates in November. The 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th. That's 10 shows in 12 days. 5 days in a row??? Then a day off, a show, another day off and then 4 more in a row??? Yeah, this is a guy that really knew how to take care of his voice. Laughing But coming from a guy that used to stomp around the recording studio yelling "Time is money!" it's not all that surprising. Seems like he should have been less worried about money while touring and recording, and more so about his voice. Maybe he'd still have one.

It must have been soooo cool to be an insider back in the day, you are so lucky to have had the chance to hang with Perry and the guys at the Bill Graham tribute and on the FTLOSM tour and had the chance to hang in the recording studio with them. Twisted Evil

Now if you want to talk about one mega talented Filipino................... Cool

Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 am

You two need to just Journey cancels show... 43473 Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 am

Deb wrote:
It must have been soooo cool to be an insider back in the day, you are so lucky to have had the chance to hang with Perry and the guys at the Bill Graham tribute and on the FTLOSM tour and had the chance to hang in the recording studio with them.

Some are clips of Perry (Graham Tribute where he's barely coherent), some are interviews with him visibly drinking/buzzed (mostly ROR era), some are of him swearing (Journey NYE performance where he's bombed), some are the words of Herbie Herbert and the "Time is money!" quote is from Perry, himself. Listen, if we can't use a multitude of reliable second hand sources as information, we might as well throw all of our history books away. Unless, of course, you don't believe any of our written history because you weren't there.

Deb wrote:Now if you want to talk about one mega talented Filipino................... Cool

Bruno Mars is a great singer. I really dig his music.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I think Kevin would have been just fine, personally. Now now, though.

But who knows?
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:31 am

Gideon wrote:I think Kevin would have been just fine, personally. Now now, though.

But who knows?

At least he wouldn't have an accent, and wouldn't have to sing words he doesn't even understand. Kevin would have definitely been a great choice. I don't know how he would have held up in the long run singing this catalog though, and it's probably best for him that he didn't get the gig (vocal wise). I'm sure he would have made some good money with the machine though...
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Gideon wrote:I think Kevin would have been just fine, personally. Now now, though.

But who knows?

At least he wouldn't have an accent, and wouldn't have to sing words he doesn't even understand. Kevin would have definitely been a great choice. I don't know how he would have held up in the long run singing this catalog though, and it's probably best for him that he didn't get the gig (vocal wise). I'm sure he would have made some good money with the machine though...

The 1st Storm album would have made a nice addition to Journey's catalog.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:15 pm

I agree Ed. I think if those same songs had been done by Journey though, they would have been much better. I'm sure Cain could have done much cooler things on the keys than Rollie. Schon would have smoked it too. Funny story about Ramos...

I sent an email to his myspace site several years ago, and to my surprise, he emailed me right back. Sent me his phone number and asked me to call him. He was a VERY cool, humble, down-to-earth guy. He was interested in being a paid musician on my album.

Never happened, but one day we were talking about the storm, and I told him I found a radio edit cd single of "Show Me The Way". I think I bought it for like 4 bucks. I told him I was amazed to hear this version as it had pretty much NO guitars in it. He was like "what???". He'd never heard this version of the song. Lol!! I stuck a copy of it in the mail to him and he was blown away. Shocked Laughing It's just so funny to think that he had never heard this copy of his own song..

Pretty cool to talk to him, and I'll never forget it. Maybe we'll meet up one day... who knows.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down