What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew........

+5
Saint John
Ed
Behshad
Andrew
GI_Jim
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Andrew........ - Page 2 Empty Re: Andrew........

Post by Saint John Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Andrew wrote:There was a time when you weren't so oppositional to everything. You were reasonable, occasionally witty and generally an ok guy. That all went out the window a few years back.

Fair enough. I'd maintain that I've always been pretty much the same guy, but I can live with your assertion above.

Andrew wrote:How about the relentless bullying of Soto, Perry and most recently Lora?

I've never uttered an ill word about Soto. Not ever. I didn't, however, participate in the deification of the guy and that's what pissed you off. He is what I've always said he is ... an average professional singer. As I've also said, and to his credit, he's to be commended for staying in the business as long as he has. He's a jack of all trades, but a master of none. He's also a survivor in a cut throat business, and that deserves some acclaim.

Steve Perry, upon further review and some close to the source stories, I regard as a first class scumbag. Yeah, I rode him far too hard on your site and probably made your life with his bullhorns a difficult juggling act. And I'm sorry for that.

I didn't run down Lora Beard in any way, shape or form. I told her to "put up or shut up" in a colorful way. My exact phrasing was "post the evidence or button the fuck up." Now, let's think about what's been said on your site and compare it to what I said. If you can't see the glaring inconsistency, then I'm not sure what to say. My *guess* is that you were in the early stages of the Perry interview negotiations and you needed me to shut the fuck up. And I'm okay with that. A simple PM telling me to drop it would have sufficed. You know I would have respected your wishes. But you erroneously and unfairly sent me packing ... for telling someone of "Lora's stature" to button the fuck up. So I made my holiday permanent. Why are/were you so hung up on me coming back?

Andrew wrote:A serious queston without a condescending overtone? Well, you are right about the time frame, but you don't allow for two programmers to go AWOL (I'm learning that they are all nearly as bad as musicians) and the time needed to find replacements and start over.

As for benefits - you really think a website built (100% by myself) in 2002 with HTML4 framework and outdated coding can compete in 2012?
Perhaps you could look up the benefits of Content Managemnt Systems (Drupal in this instance) and Search Engine Optimization formatting and techniques, not to mention full Social Media integration and then come back to me with any follow up questions.
I'd be more than happy to expand my thoughts on all of this - IF it really is a serious question.

Thanks for the explanation. But will this change guarantee new members and a cash inflow, or is it simply to survive and stay contemporary. Or both?

Andrew wrote:So it's ok for you to be in hospital, but not me?

The *big* difference is that I didn't mandate any sort of action out of you.

Andrew wrote:In this instance - you managed just fine (wherever you were) to post here about Dean, so my point was valid. Your stubborn refusal to return to my site - even to post something for Dean was in my mind, odd.

My exit from your site was absolutely final. I always maintained that bitching, moaning and griping about moderation was pointless, when one can leave at any time. And I did. I really saw no reason to come back and eulogize the guy. Believe me, I talked to tons of people on the phone and via email about Dean ... and still do.

Andrew wrote:So you are now threatening me with physical harm should I ever run into you again?

Nah. Not my style. Perhaps just a nice "Fuck you!" But I'll whisper it in your ear. I've never been one to make a scene.

Andrew wrote:I guess you won't be at MRF3 then.

As with the first two, 3 things will get me there. First, you want me there. Second, I have friends going. Third, the bill is good.

Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 am

Hi Dan,
Good to be having this conversation after a long time. Perhaps this will help us move on. A couple of replies for you.

Soto - I'm a pretty loyal friend, so I guess I saw your comments as a slap in the face to someone I reagrd more highly than you do. I accept your points, but I still feel as if the constant repeating of such views and some posts stirring up Jeff got under my skin.

Perry - I did the interview as best I could - there were no blacked out questions as such, but I just knew what would go down well and what wouldn't and as it was my first time ever conversing with Steve, I did my best to balance it. If there is a #2 interview I plan to be more probing.

MR Board - Not hung up on your returning, I just take complaints about moderrating personally as it is my job and it does my absolute fucking head in sometimes trying to stay balanced and not take sides. So when that is criticized I get pissy. Only cause it has previously taken up so much of my time (my mistake).

The new MR Site - Basically I designed the site as it was supposed to be in 2000 - with meta-tags and content driving search engines at the time and got good results from that. But as the whole world of blogging and facebook/twitter/social media took over, the web changed dramatically. Plus HTML was relegated to framework status only with CSS taking over as the formatting platform to style pages.
I learnt HTML from the gorund up to build my site but as time went on had too much else to do so never learnt any of the new ways of doing things.

Now CMS is the basic way of doing everything and search engines have evolved to give those formats priority in search results - not to mention that CMS allows you to more precisely tailor site parts to be picked up by Google etc....

And my site has grown so big - it's nearly impossible to find archive content and to archive anything I have to do by hand. I have noticed a drop in stats due to not being located by search engines etc...

So by moving to HTML5/CSS3/CMS based system I can do the following -
EVERY post I make - review, news item, interview, comment can be given a unique URL and each individual URL will be picked up by sarch engines. Right now MR.com URL gets picked up, but ZERO of my daily news items do.
Then others copy and paste that news into their free blogger sites and get picked up immediately as blogger is built with the new SEO format.

I can archive every single post/review etc to be searched within my site also creating a picture of any artist covered on my site into one page at a touch of a button.

I can add 3rd party content more easily.

And I will attract a lot more traffic back with those dedicated URLs that can then be "shared" via social media sites and Facebook will be built into the site for anyone to post their responses to reviews/news etc...

It will kick ass, seriously. It will make a 1D site fully 3D.

It will also make work much quicker, allowing me to post news as I get it rather than at the end of a day in a bunch and allow me to spend more time on the business side of things.

MRF3 - Come along by all means. As long as I can say fuck you back and share a drink with you.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Andrew wrote:

MRF3 - Come along by all means. As long as I can say fuck you back and share a drink with you.

Deal. And thanks for the explanation(s).
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:56 am

Saint John wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Awwwwe, this is good to see. Ya big lugs actually brought a tear to my eye. Laughing
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Deb wrote:
Saint John wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Awwwwe, this is good to see. Ya big lugs actually brought a tear to my eye. Laughing

If promises of whispered "fuck you"'s makes you emotional, you should see the reception I receive at all the family functions. Laughing
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Gideon wrote:
Deb wrote:
Saint John wrote:
Andrew wrote:

If promises of whispered "fuck you"'s makes you emotional, you should see the reception I receive at all the family functions. Laughing

LOL, when it comes to those two, that's as good as a bro hug as far as I'm concerned. Laughing
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Deb wrote:
Gideon wrote:
Deb wrote:
Saint John wrote:
Andrew wrote:

LOL, when it comes to those two, that's as good as a bro hug as far as I'm concerned. Laughing
me too! Glad Jim is back on MR, and glad at least I can read Dan here Smile Guys are so different than women, but I think sometimes that's a good thing! Laughing
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks Lynn, but what are you saying here? Lol!!! I know I can be bad about holding grudges, and after thinking about it for a while... life is much too short. We all do and say things that we regret sometimes, and I know I have many times. I'm definitely guilty about being strong willed and stubborn. Laughing

I'm glad to be back, and look forward to interracting with everyone again. Wink
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 pm

GI_Jim wrote:Thanks Lynn, but what are you saying here? Lol!!! I know I can be bad about holding grudges, and after thinking about it for a while... life is much too short. We all do and say things that we regret sometimes, and I know I have many times. I'm definitely guilty about being strong willed and stubborn. Laughing

I'm glad to be back, and look forward to interracting with everyone again. Wink
Nah, you took it opposite! It was more of a dig on women. Men will be pissed off and angry for a while.... and then next thing you know, they are joining each other for a beer! Laughing I don't think women forgive as easily. And even if they do, many will hold onto things and never forget. I try to live life the guy way.... don't take that the wrong way! Laughing But just in the life's too short thing, to hold onto things and stay angry all the time. Smile
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2