What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting

+2
cat
Kate
6 posters

Go down

Interesting Empty Interesting

Post by Kate Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:22 am

Andrew has done a wonderful interview with JSS. Down towards the bottom he discusses the incident with Schon. And I quote....

" The bottom line is, to me and to most of the people who know Journey, Journey is Steve Perry and Steve Perry is Journey and to think anything otherwise is ridiculous.
I'd rather play to a hundred people a night and sell a fraction of the records those guys do and do it on my own terms than just be paid a very big paycheck to sing someone else's legacy. And that's the bottom line."

The interview is a good read. Enjoy it.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Interesting Empty Re: Interesting

Post by cat Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:46 pm

Very Happy
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by caz Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:48 am

doka wrote:Andrew has done a wonderful interview with JSS. Down towards the bottom he discusses the incident with Schon. And I quote....

" The bottom line is, to me and to most of the people who know Journey, Journey is Steve Perry and Steve Perry is Journey and to think anything otherwise is ridiculous.
I'd rather play to a hundred people a night and sell a fraction of the records those guys do and do it on my own terms than just be paid a very big paycheck to sing someone else's legacy. And that's the bottom line."

No offense, but JSS was more than happy to sing someone else's legacy until they kicked him to the curb (which I understand the bitterness). Not slamming him, but it does seem a bit disingenuous to state something like that when you were more than willing to play that role, and do exactly what they are doing now with a different lead singer.

He is right about one thing though. Journey is Perry. Perry is Journey.

caz
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyrock Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:38 pm

yup, he's got it right, in hindsight. It's easy to get caught up in the fame and glory and not think straight sometimes.
journeyrock
journeyrock
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:43 pm

caz wrote:
doka wrote:Andrew has done a wonderful interview with JSS. Down towards the bottom he discusses the incident with Schon. And I quote....

No offense, but JSS was more than happy to sing someone else's legacy until they kicked him to the curb (which I understand the bitterness). Not slamming him, but it does seem a bit disingenuous to state something like that when you were more than willing to play that role, and do exactly what they are doing now with a different lead singer.

Gimme a fucking break.......Journey is NOT Steve Perry. Journey has, is and will continue to survive to this very day without Perry. While he is great, Journey is NOT Steve Perry. Where the fuck did you come from? Planet Perry over at Perryville? Sleep Sleep

e-
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 544

http://www.ToadstickerProductions.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:52 pm

caz wrote:

Understand though that while JSS was happy to be in Journey and sing those songs he was pushing the band to stretch the limits. JSS was the one in Florida encouraging them to play gems like "Opened the Door". There would have been other songs added too, but certain members couldn't remember (or didn't want to re-learn) how to play those songs.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 pm

Jrny1 wrote:
caz wrote:

Gimme a fucking break.......Journey is NOT Steve Perry. Journey has, is and will continue to survive to this very day without Perry. While he is great, Journey is NOT Steve Perry. Where the fuck did you come from? Planet Perry over at Perryville? Sleep Sleep

e-

The article was interview was posted at Melodicrock. These are Jeff's words, not mine and Andrew conducted the interview via the phone lines.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by caz Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Jrny1 wrote:
caz wrote:

e-

If you honestly believe what you just wrote, then there is no point in me trying to convince you otherwise. They have, and will continue to make money on Perry clones. AP has the talent to stand out on his own, but do not even think about trying to convince me or anyone esle that the band has somehow thrived without the Perry sound. If you think that way, you are so far gone, you are not worth saving.

caz
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down