What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band

+7
Behshad
Ed
Kate
joeydelight
cat
RockinDeano
ProgRocker53
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On a scale of 1 to 10, how do you rate Bruce Springsteen's body of work?

WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_lcap0%WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_lcap0%WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_lcap8%WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_lcap23%WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_lcap8%WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_lcap23%WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_lcap22%WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Empty WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band

Post by ProgRocker53 Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:38 am

Just curious to see how everyone would rate
certain bands here on WTF. I'll be doing this every three days and will
keep track of the average score of each band, to see what everyone
thinks and to find out what bands are held in high regard around here.

Rate the featured band on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the best.

Try
to take into account everything about the band, from inception to
today: songwriting, singing, instrumental talent, influence,
originality, popularity, the live show, artistic credibility.

For over thirty-five years, he's played marathon concerts and released raw, emotional rock albums. He's wrote about it all, played it all...done it all. This round's subject is BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, including his work with and without the famous E Street band.

Feel free to PM me to recommend the next band to be done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journey- 7.26
Bruce Springsteen- ?.??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Empty Re: WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band

Post by RockinDeano Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 am

Journey fans hate Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, because they outsell Journey, they outdraw Journey, are more relevent than Journey, and oh yeah, are better than Journey, in every facet of the game.

Journey doesn't have the singer of Bruce, the guitar of Neal is unquestionably good, but Bruce counters with Steven Van Zandt and Nils Lofgren on lead, Bruce on lead some songs and rhythm and Patty Scalfia on rhythm as well. Then you have Roy Bittan who can play circles around Friga, seriously, organ, accordian and piano, as well as Suzie Tyrell on Fiddle and violin.. Oh and yeah, the missing main ingredient, Clarence Clemons: Journey doesn't have an answer for the Big Man, do they?

Seriously, I will never slam Journey and their talent, because they have a shitload, but as a band, the E Street Band is as good as you get, and their leader is the best ever, bar none. There is simply a no more talented musician or a better guy in music, than Bruce Springsteen, none. That is fact.

Last edited by RockinDeano on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:10 am; edited 3 times in total
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band Empty Re: WTF's "Rate the Band" - - - Bruce Springsteen/E Street Band

Post by RockinDeano Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:06 am

Oh and I expect Bruce to get about a 4 or 5 here. people here hate the fact I like him and like I said, Journey fans will vote against the machine that they are.

That's ok tough, as Journey barrels across their HOME nation using TWO openers to sell out 10,000 seat barns, Bruce and E Street play to 90,000 by themselves for THREE nights in select cities.

There's your fucking math.
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:25 am

RockinDeano wrote:Journey fans hate Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, because they outsell Journey, they outdraw Journey, are more relevent than Journey, and oh yeah, are better than Journey, in every facet of the game.

While what you say about The Boss is true, when you paint Journey fans with one brush stroke, you weaken your statement.

Journey fans are many things - including, intelligent and insightful, passionate - (you claim to be one yourself) - and many are Bruce fans, as well.

I would think that the band that now calls itself Journey fits your description far better.

By the way, I gave Bruce and the Boys a "9" - i do enjoy the music and the showmanship - there is none better. I just never have been "attached" to the music, no matter how good it is. There are millions out there that have been and still are. Just not me.

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 am

RockinDeano wrote:Oh and I expect Bruce to get about a 4 or 5 here. people here hate the fact I like him and like I said, Journey fans will vote against the machine that they are.

That's ok tough, as Journey barrels across their HOME nation using TWO openers to sell out 10,000 seat barns, Bruce and E Street play to 90,000 by themselves for THREE nights in select cities.

There's your fucking math.

Don't speak for me Douche. I've seen Bruce in concert and he was GREAT. And get over yourself, "people hate the fact that I like them..." Rolling Eyes Christ, you are unbelievable in a sad, pathetic sort of way....no wonder many of your friends have dropped you like a load in a toilet. cheers

Oh and the way you state opinions and label them as "fact" makes you look like a bigger asshole than you already are...and that my friend is a feat in itself...true story.
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:07 am

8 over all for me.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:21 am

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:22 am

Oh yeah, I gave them a 9 overall.
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:37 am

For all those rating Bruce highly, I agree with your points about him. I scored him a 10, as he is definitely one of the most original, dynamic, and influential music acts of all time. Right up there with Led Zep, Pink Floyd, The Who, and even the damn Beatles.

However, I'd be interested in hearing what those think, who gave the Boss only a 4 or 5. What's your reasoning? Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 am

My reasoning for giving him a 5 is, no matter how original and talented is, in my opinion, his music comes across as boring. I know he has TONS of energy and I know he has few good tunes,,, but overall I personally find alot of the songs boring,,,,, that said, I give him credits for becoming one of the biggest rock&roll artists of all time...
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Behshad wrote:My reasoning for giving him a 5 is, no matter how original and talented is, in my opinion, his music comes across as boring. I know he has TONS of energy and I know he has few good tunes,,, but overall I personally find alot of the songs boring,,,,, that said, I give him credits for becoming one of the biggest rock&roll artists of all time...

Fair enough B. I can accept a 5 for those reasons. Very Happy

It'd be downright idiotic to give BS any less though. Wink

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm

cat wrote:
RockinDeano wrote:Journey fans hate Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, because they outsell Journey, they outdraw Journey, are more relevent than Journey, and oh yeah, are better than Journey, in every facet of the game.

While what you say about The Boss is true, when you paint Journey fans with one brush stroke, you weaken your statement.

Journey fans are many things - including, intelligent and insightful, passionate - (you claim to be one yourself) - and many are Bruce fans, as well.

I would think that the band that now calls itself Journey fits your description far better.

By the way, I gave Bruce and the Boys a "9" - i do enjoy the music and the showmanship - there is none better. I just never have been "attached" to the music, no matter how good it is. There are millions out there that have been and still are. Just not me.

Cat

Well Cat, I was speaking of today's Journey and today's Journey fan. I for one have NO idea how one can still even care about them. I just don't understand it.
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by ProgRocker53 Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:50 pm

When it comes to Journey I just care about the music these days.

That's why I'm pumped about the Cincy show. I'm gonna get to see and hear a bunch of talented guys crank out some good rock and roll.

I'm also looking forward to Cheap Trick and Heart too... Cheap Trick's slowly becoming one of my favorites and Heart's pretty cool.

ProgRocker53
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red13joPa Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:08 am

Bruce is the best lyricist in rock history.

Bar none.
Red13joPa
Red13joPa
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:10 am

Red13joPa wrote:Bruce is the best lyricist in rock history.

Bar none.

In your opinion...
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 am

lol!
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red13joPa Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 am

joeydelight wrote:

Bar none.

In your opinion...

Please die.
Red13joPa
Red13joPa
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red13joPa Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 am

Behshad wrote:lol!

LOL

you love when I go the "Sweet And Simple" route of merely issuing a deathwish jocolor
Red13joPa
Red13joPa
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:18 am

Red13joPa wrote:
joeydelight wrote:

Bar none.

In your opinion...

Please die.

What the fuck is your problem? It is just your opinion, isn't it?
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Red13joPa Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:27 am

Fuckin Yaz.
Rip me for a JoePa av when you're rocking a Yazstremski one???

Just post something funny JR, I don't like reading more than 2 of your posts in a row w/out laughing.
Red13joPa
Red13joPa
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 am

Red13joPa wrote:Fuckin Yaz.
Rip me for a JoePa av when you're rocking a Yazstremski one???

Just post something funny JR, I don't like reading more than 2 of your posts in a row w/out laughing.

Well they are both legends and stuck around past their time....I'll give you that. Wink
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Red13joPa Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:36 am

Last Triple Crown Winner unless I'm wrong.

And he did that in a pitching dominated era.
Red13joPa
Red13joPa
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:40 am

Red13joPa wrote:Last Triple Crown Winner unless I'm wrong.

And he did that in a pitching dominated era.

That's right...won it with a .302 batting average.... sunny
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:49 am

Red13joPa wrote:
Behshad wrote:lol!

LOL

you love when I go the "Sweet And Simple" route of merely issuing a deathwish jocolor
I sure as hell do .
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red13joPa Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 am

Delight got so upset about it, too.

Joe, you took it to heart, you know you did farao
Red13joPa
Red13joPa
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next