What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lurkers who do not post

+19
larry
3DG
Lynn
Moon Beam
cat
bluejeangirl
Andrew
Aaron
DSHinMICH
Behshad
NealIsGod
Rick
Styxman
joeydelight
lights1961
Kate
DP
BadgeAina
Ed
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lurkers who do not post Empty Lurkers who do not post

Post by Ed Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:19 pm

That's fine. But you then go on and grandstand on MR claiming that other sites don't have activity, yet you read here religiously. Laughing

I can name names, but I won't. Just know, that you aren't fooling anyone.

My story of South Bend would be the best. And it would be full blown accurate too.

Also, poor stevew. You MR fuckers made fun of his spelling and treating him like he was second class. Now all of the sudden it's charming because he liked Revelation. Fucking hypocrites. We treated him as a friend and never made fun of him when I had my site. I have partied with him and met his daughter several times at Frontiers shows and never criticized his posting style.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Lurkers who do not post Empty Re: Lurkers who do not post

Post by BadgeAina Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:57 pm

AR wrote:That's fine. But you then go on and grandstand on MR claiming that other sites don't have activity, yet you read here religiously. Laughing

My story of South Bend would be the best. And it would be full blown accurate too.

Also, poor stevew. You MR fuckers made fun of his spelling and treating him like he was second class. Now all of the sudden it's charming because he liked Revelation. Fucking hypocrites. We treated him as a friend and never made fun of him when I had my site. I have partied with him and met his daughter several times at Frontiers shows and never criticized his posting style.

clap clap clap.. another great "contribution" from you AR!! keep up the good work buddy drunken

BadgeAina
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:00 am

Jeff owned those songs, but in his own way. That's why it worked, for me. I was not an Augeri fan, because mainly I thought he was a 'replacement' for the real thing. JSS didn't try to be SP, I think he worked to honor the SP legacy while giving us a big part of himself in his performances.

Arnel has a powerful, great voice. But he's just a 'replacement'. We all know it's true. That's good enough for some people. For some of us, it isn't.

At this point, I'd much rather go see JSS perform his music than hear Journey try to recreate the past.
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:12 am

Aaron wrote:Yep, I'll continue. Your right, JSS writes his own stuff and plays some instruments. So do most bar bands that play along with myself. JSS has been doing this shit for how long bro? How many records has he recorded? And he had the super group gig with Soul SirkUS, right? With a BUNCH of name brand fuckers, right? *How many people on the street know who the fuck this dude is? No one, absolutely no one. The only person that might know who he is will know him because he had a 10 month gig with Journey and was shit canned. And he's been in the business for what, 20 years? Do you care to continue?

**No one is better than Perry, period. However, Arnel is as good a singer as anyone I've heard in 10 years. Hugo still pounds him but that's ok. Hugo writes his own shit and plays his own stuff too.

Ok, this is where I step in......

*And the people on the street know who arnel is? (You just shot yourself in the foot with that statement. Besides this is the same shit Dan has been spewing for months now along with a few others.) I can help you with that one statement...NO. Hell go and look at the amount of people (again other than pinoys or MRer's that went to the concerts that didnt even know who he was. Will he become a household name? A force to be reckoned with in the industry? Will he become "legacy" famous? NO, no and no again.

There are alot of singers/musicians that refuse to "sell out" and there is just the same amount that will sell their souls. Look at people like Mendoza, Clarence Clemmons, Nathan East that are truly successful and didnt sell out. At least arnel admits that selling his soul wasn't such a good thing. He admits the last 6 weeks have been terrible. The last 4 weeks he has been sick. Sure, I want to pay $100.00 ( or be a dumb ass and pay $500.00) to see a sick person perform. He couldnt have possibly given his best if he was sick. So the fans got screwed again. arnel doesnt have the balls to stand up to schon, because schon "owns" his soul. Nothing worse than a man with no spine!

** You are right...NO ONE IS BETTER THAN PERRY. And every review comments on how much arnel sounds like Perry and all that has really done is lowered arnel to the status of the Elvis impersonators in Vegas, because thats what he is...a paid impersonator, singing the songs of the originator.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:15 am

DP wrote:Jeff owned those songs, but in his own way. That's why it worked, for me. I was not an Augeri fan, because mainly I thought he was a 'replacement' for the real thing. JSS didn't try to be SP, I think he worked to honor the SP legacy while giving us a big part of himself in his performances.

Arnel has a powerful, great voice. But he's just a 'replacement'. We all know it's true. That's good enough for some people. For some of us, it isn't.

At this point, I'd much rather go see JSS perform his music than hear Journey try to recreate the past.

Very well said!
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:05 am

AR wrote:That's fine. But you then go on and grandstand on MR claiming that other sites don't have activity, yet you read here religiously. Laughing

Mr has turned to the old balk talk site from 5 years ago... SCARY.. Drew should be frigthened.
also seems liked it turned very wimpy and do I dare say it... the g word.... 9 out of 10 threads get hijacked..... okay all of them get hijacked after 6 posts...

AR you are so right...

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Two Things...

1. Andrew STILL owes me two Dickhead of the Year trophies...and I want them... Mad

And...

2. I wouldn't let Arnel serve me egg rolls in a chinese restaurant (I know he's filipino but we know what they eat). I agree with Ed. He flat-out SUCKS and has as much stage presence as a fucking amp. Having said that, I hope he eventually tells Neal to go fuck his future alimony payment when he feels his voice going next time.
I had the chance to see the Neal Schon 5 this summer but went to Naked Eyes/Flock of Seagulls/Belinda Carlisle/ABC/Human League instead and had a ball....no regrets with that decision in the least.
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Hey Ed, this is fighting talk dude...stevew, Tito and Rokenfuckinstiltson have taken over that site now and you give him fuckin' credit. His posting style fuckin' stinks period. What the fucks up with you today...he comes back to you know where, I'm off as he's one of the reasons I left MR. (I'm off the Earl Grey and on Cider tonight by the way Shocked )

This site needs a shake up by the way

Oh I forgot to add that stupid chick Rhiannanoon to the list, seems this site is just an extension of all that's bad on MR.
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:21 pm

styxie wrote:

Hey Ed, this is fighting talk dude...stevew, Tito and Rokenfuckinstiltson have taken over that site now and you give him fuckin' credit. His posting style fuckin' stinks period. What the fucks up with you today...he comes back to you know where, I'm off as he's one of the reasons I left MR. (I'm off the Earl Grey and on Cider tonight by the way Shocked )

Oh I forgot to add that stupid chick Rhiannanoon to the list, seems this site is just an extension of all that's bad on MR.

MR = BALK TALK... ;-)

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:05 pm

lights1961 wrote:
styxie wrote:

MR = BALK TALK... ;-)

Right on Rick
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:29 pm

MR is not BT. For instance, I could never tell all the MR bashers here to go fuck themselves on BT, but I can on MR, just like I'm doing right now on WTF. Very Happy
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:35 pm

pRick wrote:MR is not BT. For instance, I could never tell all the MR bashers here to go fuck themselves on BT, but I can on MR, just like I'm doing right now on WTF. Very Happy

Yes, but when you do that on MR it must be in Tagalog. Wink
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:37 pm

pRick wrote:MR is not BT. For instance, I could never tell all the MR bashers here to go fuck themselves on BT, but I can on MR, just like I'm doing right now on WTF. Very Happy

okay that part yes can still go on for now.

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by NealIsGod Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Anyone who was on MR a year ago and longer knows that the Journey forum is nothing like it used to be. It's been neutered big time. Every thread turns into a stupid back-and-forth lame joke contest with emoticon overuse. I guess since the band has become lame, it was inevitable for the forum to follow suit.

And what I find ironic is that a lot of the people who pissed me off are the ones I miss the most.

Maybe it's time to take our forum back? Twisted Evil
NealIsGod
NealIsGod
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:06 pm

NealIsGod wrote:Anyone who was on MR a year ago and longer knows that the Journey forum is nothing like it used to be. It's been neutered big time. Every thread turns into a stupid back-and-forth lame joke contest with emoticon overuse. I guess since the band has become lame, it was inevitable for the forum to follow suit.

And what I find ironic is that a lot of the people who pissed me off are the ones I miss the most.

He probably means me Crying or Very sad
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Rick, I think you're a dick at times but can we have an agreement, no matter what I call you, can you still supply avatars when I request them. Good Man
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by NealIsGod Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:08 pm

styxie wrote:
NealIsGod wrote:Anyone who was on MR a year ago and longer knows that the Journey forum is nothing like it used to be. It's been neutered big time. Every thread turns into a stupid back-and-forth lame joke contest with emoticon overuse. I guess since the band has become lame, it was inevitable for the forum to follow suit.

How can I miss you when you won't go away? Wink
NealIsGod
NealIsGod
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:12 pm

NealIsGod wrote:
styxie wrote:

How can I miss you when you won't go away? Wink

I fuckin' knew you'd say that Shocked
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:14 pm

styxie wrote:

You know niggy.. that tells me one its not an itellengent place too much anymore and
two that they have run out of REAL things to say, so most threads start with an agenda as you say get locked up in a 4 -7 person as AR called it a tagalong just posting to post... and not caring what is being said about the original thought. MASS appeal has become MASS CRAP reading, I bet DREW shakes his head at whats its become...... It misses the real battles that mattered... not the lame comments that go on every thread.

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:16 pm

scratch You never lost it. You just decided not to participate in it any longer.

The people that aren't there now did that to themselves.

Journey adding a singer from a different race, and the racist comments that ensued, made that clamp down necessary.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by NealIsGod Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Yeah, and when I say I miss the people who pissed me off, I mean the people who left way before I did, not the ones still there.
NealIsGod
NealIsGod
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:17 pm

styxie wrote:

I'm not singling anyone out, it's definitely the whole crowd.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by NealIsGod Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:22 pm

I can count on one finger the number of people who were banned because of racist comments Rick. Maybe even less.
NealIsGod
NealIsGod
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:23 pm

NealIsGod wrote:Yeah, and when I say I miss the people who pissed me off, I mean the people who left way before I did, not the ones still there.

I think I left way before you, came back a few times. So I'm one of the ones you miss. That means a lot dude. I'm Honoured Cool
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:24 pm

I still laugh at the whole racist thing. right now you can go on MR and make fun of ANY nationality without fear of recourse. "Smelly Euros", jokes about illegal aliens, that's all fine.

Dare to make fun of the golden child though and make a joke around a cultural stereotype involving K-9 cuisine and they all have a meltdown.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next