What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Bassball Classic

4 posters

Go down

World Bassball Classic Empty World Bassball Classic

Post by Ed Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:14 pm

World Bassball Classic Gal_Glasgow_big_snore-772028_medium
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

World Bassball Classic Empty Re: World Bassball Classic

Post by Manarocks Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:01 am

You must not be a true baseball fan.
Manarocks
Manarocks
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:04 am

Manarocks wrote:You must not be a true baseball fan.

Not "baseball," "bassball."

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:36 am

I played baseball up until age 40. Just stopped this year. Competed against former major league players - can you say the same? I've forgotten more about the sport than you will ever know.

Baseball was been ruined a long time ago by greed and drugs and this phony international sham does nothing for me. The sport on a professional level is broken and their is no competetive balance.

On an amateur level, there is nothing wrong with the sport in it's pure form. Between the lines, there is nothing better. Just don't get me to buy into this bullshit. Pitchers only throwing 3 innings in this tournament? It's a glorified scrimmage game. Whoever wins is not the best team internationally at all. This is all about marketing trying to find more dollars to bleed out of other countries.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Manarocks Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Ed wrote:

I played baseball up until age 40. Just stopped this year. Competed against former major league players - can you say the same? I've forgotten more about the sport than you will ever know.

Baseball was been ruined a long time ago by greed and drugs and this phony international sham does nothing for me. The sport on a professional level is broken and their is no competetive balance.

On an amateur level, there is nothing wrong with the sport in it's pure form. Between the lines, there is nothing better. Just don't get me to buy into this bullshit. Pitchers only throwing 3 innings in this tournament? It's a glorified scrimmage game. Whoever wins is not the best team internationally at all. This is all about marketing trying to find more dollars to bleed out of other countries.

No disrespect but you do not know what this WBC means in other countries. Greed and drugs has been in sports longer than you have been alive my man. Baseball is a great game and now it is played all over the world. Very Happy
Manarocks
Manarocks
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:16 pm

Manarocks wrote:
Ed wrote:

No disrespect but you do not know what this WBC means in other countries. Greed and drugs has been in sports longer than you have been alive my man. Baseball is a great game and now it is played all over the world. Very Happy

Yes, but the drugs in sports used to be peformance DE-enhancing. As for WBC, when the U.S. truly really sends it's true all star team and kills all these countries easily, then maybe I will get it.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Manarocks wrote:
Ed wrote:

Baseball has been played all over the world for a very long time. In the UK, it was a Victorians girl's game Wink (Boys played cricket) The difference here that I see is that for a very long time, there hasn't been any momentum for a real 'World Series' - the money just hasn't been in genuine international baseball. And because the US is the only country that seriously invests in the sport, it has a huge advantage. Provide a genuine, international competition, and that won't last - the US will always dominate, for sure, but other countries will step up to the bat to deliver (ho ho ho!)

But I seriously don't understand the point of changing the rules for this. That's not 'International Baseball' that's international farting around.
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down