What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Vick wins "courage" award. WTF?

5 posters

Go down

Michael Vick wins "courage" award.  WTF? Empty Michael Vick wins "courage" award. WTF?

Post by Ed Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:23 pm

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2009/12/michael_vick_wins_baltimore_co.html

Michael Vick wins Baltimore Courage award

Michael Vick wins "courage" award.  WTF? Vick20

Philadelphia Eagles have chosen Michael Vick to win a prestigious award given to the player with the best "commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage."
Vick was recently released from jail where he served time for his role in a dog-fighting ring.
The Baltimore-based Ed Block Courage Award is given to a player on all 32 teams. It is named for a former Baltimore Colts trainer who was an advocate for abused children. Vick will be honored with other recipients of the award at a ceremony in Baltimore in March.
Pictured is one of the scarred dogs rescued from Vick's Virginia dog-fighting kennel.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Michael Vick wins "courage" award.  WTF? Empty Re: Michael Vick wins "courage" award. WTF?

Post by lights1961 Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Ed wrote:http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2009/12/michael_vick_wins_baltimore_co.html

Michael Vick wins Baltimore Courage award

Michael Vick wins "courage" award.  WTF? Vick20

Philadelphia Eagles have chosen Michael Vick to win a prestigious award given to the player with the best "commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage."
Vick was recently released from jail where he served time for his role in a dog-fighting ring.
The Baltimore-based Ed Block Courage Award is given to a player on all 32 teams. It is named for a former Baltimore Colts trainer who was an advocate for abused children. Vick will be honored with other recipients of the award at a ceremony in Baltimore in March.
Pictured is one of the scarred dogs rescued from Vick's Virginia dog-fighting kennel.

okay that makes NO SENSE... courage award... dont think so...

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Michael Vick wins "courage" award.  WTF? Empty Re: Michael Vick wins "courage" award. WTF?

Post by Ehwmatt Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:49 pm

I'm really hoping the Browns can secure his services next year. A true athlete and a good player. If all athletes got hated on for their own scummy acts as much Vick caught flak for beating up a couple animals, then by God, no one would like any athlete.

Time to get over the fact that he abused a few of America's favorite pet. There are far worse criminals in pro sports.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:I'm really hoping the Browns can secure his services next year. A true athlete and a good player. If all athletes got hated on for their own scummy acts as much Vick caught flak for beating up a couple animals, then by God, no one would like any athlete.

Time to get over the fact that he abused a few of America's favorite pet. There are far worse criminals in pro sports.

I have no problem with him playing in the NFL (although I don't value his talent as much as you do Matt). I'm just sick of wrong being right in this country. He paid his dues sentence wise and should be left alone, but no fucking way he deserves an award for courage. He's only been out for a few months. Sure he's done community service, but that was required as condition of his sentence. Yet the "urban youth" and liberal apologists always let crimes go and just shrug their shoulders. He's a fucking punk and in no way do I believe his life has been turned around that fast.

Last edited by Ed on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Also, I'd like to add that Chris Henry was a piece of human debris as well. That fucker was still a mess, but now all of the sudden he's a saint? He was trying to bash in the window of a pickup truck when the idiot fell out and took a header. Not fooled, one less criminal. Yet all of the sudden - "He's changed......"

Michael Vick wins "courage" award.  WTF? Icon_lol
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:I'm really hoping the Browns can secure his services next year. A true athlete and a good player. If all athletes got hated on for their own scummy acts as much Vick caught flak for beating up a couple animals, then by God, no one would like any athlete.

You must still be fucking drunk, dude. This is far more than "beating up a couple of animals." This slimy fuck and his behavior demonstrated absolutely no decency toward life and the inhumane way these animals were "punished" for losing was beyond sick. And while there are worse criminals in sports (but not many!), you can't exonerate or minimize his actions because of some sort of "thug athlete" relativity scale. This guy is a fuckin' punk, a loser and a shitty human being. If he wound up on the end of a stray bullet the world would instantly be a better place. I can't believe anyone would give this asshole an award for acting the way you're supposed to.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Saint John wrote:

You must still be fucking drunk, dude. This is far more than "beating up a couple of animals." This slimy fuck and his behavior demonstrated absolutely no decency toward life and the inhumane way these animals were "punished" for losing was beyond sick. And while there are worse criminals in sports (but not many!), you can't exonerate or minimize his actions because of some sort of "thug athlete" relativity scale. This guy is a fuckin' punk, a loser and a shitty human being. If he wound up on the end of a stray bullet the world would instantly be a better place. I can't believe anyone would give this asshole an award for acting the way you're supposed to.

oh gimme a fuckin break, it's jsut cause its dogs you fuck. if he were cockfightin nobody woulda given a shit. please.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:21 pm

Btw, you sound like a fuckin liberal equating animal life with human life or something.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:32 am

Ehwmatt wrote:Btw, you sound like a fuckin liberal equating animal life with human life or something.

Not at all, dude. I just find something horribly disturbing about hanging dogs upside down and letting them rot because some thug lost money. Moreover, dogs were shot for not performing well in "test fights." And I just find something terribly wrong with taking a dog by the collar and slamming it to the fucking ground until it's dead. This guy (Vick) did it all...he hung them, he slammed them to their deaths, he drowned them and he shot them. And if that's not bad enough he bankrolled the whole thing and it took place on his fucking property. There's something amiss with this guy. Personally, I would have liked at least a 25 year sentence.

This guy is a fuckin' loser. He's a street thug that will never win. It's simply not in him to win. It might be 5, 10 or 20 years, but he'll be smoking the last joint he can afford and will be the "victim" of a bullet because he'll be hanging out with the same trash he always has. I can't fucking wait. I'm gonna bring a dog to shit on his grave. Michael Vick wins "courage" award.  WTF? Icon_smile
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:01 am

Cruelty to animals shows a predisposition to violence and severe
psychological problems in the individual committing the
abuse. Often these people are not adverse to abusing people
as well.

Animal cruelty and serial killers ,long touted as going hand in hand.

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down