What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RATE THIS SONG

4 posters

Go down

RATE THIS SONG Empty RATE THIS SONG

Post by Ed Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

RATE THIS SONG Empty Re: RATE THIS SONG

Post by Styxman Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:59 pm

You can tell there's a little bit of UFO in there, however sounds very much like a track Survivor would churn out.
Not for me ED but that's not to say it ain't any good...just very much of a muchness. Ticks all the boxes for a crafted Melodic Rock track but sadly lands soon after take off. 5/10
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:18 pm

5.5/10

The makings of a good song are there, but the execution leaves much to be desired.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:22 pm

I dig the whole album and that is Danny Vaughn on vox.

To each their own. Many of you like the Land of the Lost sleestac butchering the English language on Regurgitation and I don't.

I think we should post some tracks on here that others may not have heard.

Use this site for some great quality streaming of tons of tracks.

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Ed wrote:I dig the whole album and that is Danny Vaughn on vox.

To each their own. Many of you like the Land of the Lost sleestac butchering the English language on Regurgitation and I don't.

I don't enjoy Arnel too much. I mean, the musicianship is good and the hook is there. The song just didn't reach out and touch me.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Yep you said it Ed, each to their own. I've never signed up to Arnel as you know, so not guilty dude!

My own honest thoughts on groups like Waysted is probably not to your liking, from what I've seen on youtube they're pretty middle of the road MR and the vocals on some of the clips are pretty fucking awful. Late 70's, hell, we'd have head banged to this band all night but it's 2010 now and where do they fit musically? If they were a suburban house - I'd say under the footings of the basement but that's being a little too harsh. By all means get your fix on MR music made in the 70's and 80's but don't waste your time on this outdated and irrelevant music.

You know I'm right dude

Your mate overseas
RATE THIS SONG 728568
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Styxman wrote:

Yep you said it Ed, each to their own. I've never signed up to Arnel as you know, so not guilty dude!

My own honest thoughts on groups like Waysted is probably not to your liking, from what I've seen on youtube they're pretty middle of the road MR and the vocals on some of the clips are pretty fucking awful. Late 70's, hell, we'd have head banged to this band all night but it's 2010 now and where do they fit musically? If they were a suburban house - I'd say under the footings of the basement but that's being a little too harsh. By all means get your fix on MR music made in the 70's and 80's but don't waste your time on this outdated and irrelevant music.

You know I'm right dude

Your mate overseas
RATE THIS SONG 728568

With you there Ian. My point is we should post some songs for others to check out - like them or not. I actually read a lot of Andrew's reviews on MR despite the fact that I am considered the devil over there. RATE THIS SONG Icon_surprised

I have found a ton of new bands because of those reviews and just think we could throw some stuff up here and maybe get some peeps into some songs they might not have ever heard.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:47 pm

Ed wrote:
Styxman wrote:

You know I'm right dude

Your mate overseas
RATE THIS SONG 728568

With you there Ian. My point is we should post some songs for others to check out - like them or not. I actually read a lot of Andrew's reviews on MR despite the fact that I am considered the devil over there. RATE THIS SONG Icon_surprised

I have found a ton of new bands because of those reviews and just think we could throw some stuff up here and maybe get some peeps into some songs they might not have ever heard.

Agree totally, only way I tend to hear new bands is through my Son and he's introduced me to a few gems worth listening to. I'll find some links next week. We might find a replacement band to fill the void left by Journey Very Happy There's some good music coming out of Ireland also, I'll investigate.

As for MR, yep it's always a good point to start but to be honest I haven't been over to the frontpage for a while - WET was a clear example of me being out of the loop!

RATE THIS SONG 728568
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:29 pm

It had a Start From The Dark feel to it. That was a Europe album from a few years ago that I really liked. I'd give this song a 7.5 out of 10. I thought it was pretty darn good. It sort of failed to deliver on the lyrcs and the bridge. Other than that I liked it a lot.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Here's a song from Temper Trap - like this band and the song grows on ya as it unravels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3b9E1p9uOA
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Mumford and Sons - you'll all be tapping to this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJf9qJHR3E
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

another great Mumford track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i8ml0XnR4k&NR=1