What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am SO STOKED for the new Mr Mister album!!!

5 posters

Go down

I am SO STOKED for the new Mr Mister album!!! Empty I am SO STOKED for the new Mr Mister album!!!

Post by GI_Jim Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Well, I should say new OLD cd called Pull. Have any of you heard the tracks from it? It sounds like their best work yet! Go to www.amazon.com and type in Mr Mister. On the right column it has all of the album titles. Scroll through them and listen to the "Pull" samples and let me know what you think. Of course, you'll have to be a Mr Mister fan to enjoy them. CLASSIC STUFF!!! Very Happy

I hope I'm not the only one who loves this band... Shocked Wink
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

I am SO STOKED for the new Mr Mister album!!! Empty Re: I am SO STOKED for the new Mr Mister album!!!

Post by Saint John Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:06 pm

I like the group a lot and will give it a listen.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

I am SO STOKED for the new Mr Mister album!!! Empty Re: I am SO STOKED for the new Mr Mister album!!!

Post by Ed Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:08 pm

I know "Broken Wings" but that's about it. Cue me into some of their best songs and I will check them out on Grooveshark.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Ed wrote:I know "Broken Wings" but that's about it. Cue me into some of their best songs and I will check them out on Grooveshark.

Go to the Amazon link and listen to "We Belong To No One". Scratch that... listen to them all. They rock!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Actually Ed, go to this link...

http://www.mrmisterofficial.com/

Once there, click on the "Download now" in the Mr. Mister picture. They'll send you the song "We Belong To No One" via your email. I had to listen to it once, but by the second listen I was HOOKED! It's a mellow ballad, and it's very moody. Listening to the samples on Amazon, the other songs almost remind me of Peter Gabriel, and what I've heard sounds freaking awesome! Very Happy

So when are you guys coming down to S.C. ? Can't wait! Wink
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:39 pm

GI_Jim wrote:

I'll be in North Carolina next weekend for the Ravens/Panthers game.

Jim, are there any concert venues near where you live? Dan and I have talked about a visit. He told me he had a blast when he paid a visit. I want to shoot some live ammo!
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Ed wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:

I'll be in North Carolina next weekend for the Ravens/Panthers game.

Jim, are there any concert venues near where you live? Dan and I have talked about a visit. He told me he had a blast when he paid a visit. I want to shoot some live ammo!

Lol! I don't know if there are any concerts here locally. I doubt it. I normally go to N.C. to see most of the big shows. Aren't the Panthers in Charlotte? I'm no football fan, but I think that's where they play? If so, I'm an hour and 10 minutes from there! Just let me know, and we can get together. Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Ed wrote:I know "Broken Wings" but that's about it. Cue me into some of their best songs and I will check them out on Grooveshark.

You'll know this one, Ed! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKbHJ3PTu4

Here's an interesting fact:

When the first Mr. Mister album, I Wear the Face, was released in 1984, Page was offered the chance to replace Bobby Kimball as lead singer of Toto, and later was offered Peter Cetera's place in Chicago; he refused both offers.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Saint John wrote:

You'll know this one, Ed! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNKbHJ3PTu4

Here's an interesting fact:

When the first Mr. Mister album, I Wear the Face, was released in 1984, Page was offered the chance to replace Bobby Kimball as lead singer of Toto, and later was offered Peter Cetera's place in Chicago; he refused both offers.

Ok, I remember that one Dan!

Jim I will be in Charlotte on Saturday afternoon and evening. The game is at 1pm Sunday and my bus leaves immediately after. If you want to hang just PM me. I have to check what the ARRIVAL time is. I think it is early afternoon.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:52 pm

You're taking a bus? Maybe you could come down a day early? Just let me know what's up with the schedule, and I'll try to work around it.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:30 pm

GI_Jim wrote:You're taking a bus? Maybe you could come down a day early? Just let me know what's up with the schedule, and I'll try to work around it.

Jim it's a Ravens bus trip. We leave super early next Saturday. 3 buses driving down. Don't go out of your way, but if Charlotte is convenient then drive up and party with us. Otherwise, I am sure Dan and I will pay you a visit at some point.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Wow ... speaking of blasts from the past, I heard Cheap Trick's Can't Stop Falling In Love about an hour go. I swear ... I probably hadn't heard that song in 15 years. Great tune.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Saint John wrote:Wow ... speaking of blasts from the past, I heard Cheap Trick's Can't Stop Falling In Love about an hour go. I swear ... I probably hadn't heard that song in 15 years. Great tune.

Trick rules.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:27 am

Flame belts it's powerful balladry into my ears on a weekly basis in my regular shuffle pattern..cool as fuck that track.

Thanks for the download link Jim, played MM to death in the 80's - this track sounds like it comes straight off their first album and to be honest it sounds too dated already...good all the same but I wasn't blown away.

Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Laughing Change 'one' word in the thread title and.......... Yep! Very Happy
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Deb wrote: Laughing Change 'one' word in the thread title and.......... Yep! Very Happy

Deb, theres nothing wrong with the word "stoked". Lol!!! Laughing Basketball
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down