What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyrics, etc

+6
Rick
Ed
Jrny1
cat
Sarah
frfksakes
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lyrics, etc Empty Lyrics, etc

Post by frfksakes Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 am

Just curious. Has anyone posted the lyrics/written by page?
also, are the covers & video clips available anywhere yet?

ty
frfksakes
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Lyrics, etc Empty Re: Lyrics, etc

Post by Sarah Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:13 pm

http://journeyloaded.com/words/journeyalbums.html
Sarah
Sarah
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Sarah wrote:http://journeyloaded.com/words/journeyalbums.html

TY!!! Other than FITHL, are they all by Schon & Cain?
frfksakes
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:20 pm

frfksakes wrote:

ahmmmmmm .... and Perry remember him? about this tall, nice hair?

I believe the separte Steve Perry section is for lyrics to his solo projects.

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:17 pm

cat wrote:
frfksakes wrote:

Cat

Lol,,, my bad. I mean the new ones. I really will faint if he had a hand in those, lol Wink

(ps of course, all the best ones have the Perry name on them, Wink )
frfksakes
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:24 pm

frfksakes wrote:
cat wrote:
frfksakes wrote:

Cat

Lol,,, my bad. I mean the new ones. I really will faint if he had a hand in those, lol Wink

Jeremy gets writing credits for NWA. Arnel didn't write a lick. I'm sure he would have liked to get a credit or two in the writing. Oh well. Next album. Augeri is in FITH too....

e-
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 544

http://www.ToadstickerProductions.Com

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:30 pm

frfksakes wrote:
cat wrote:
frfksakes wrote:

Cat

Laughing

good answer!!
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 pm

I didn't put the new writing credits up yet cause I didn't have the album when I wrote out the lyrics. I'll get around to it soon.
Sarah
Sarah
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Sarah wrote:I didn't put the new writing credits up yet cause I didn't have the album when I wrote out the lyrics. I'll get around to it soon.

Do you do that site all on your own? Very impressive.

e-
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Jrny1 wrote:
Sarah wrote:I didn't put the new writing credits up yet cause I didn't have the album when I wrote out the lyrics. I'll get around to it soon.

e-
I did, thanks. Started as a fanfic site but changed into an info center because this site was grossly out of date.
Sarah
Sarah
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrny1 Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:01 pm

Sarah wrote:
Jrny1 wrote:

e-
I did, thanks. Started as a fanfic site but changed into an info center because this site was grossly out of date.

I do site too.....I have my own business on the side....Toadsticker.Com and ToadstickerProductions.Com......Both are grossly out of date. My sites are all up to date though. I have about 40 sites for gymnastics, swiming, football and fire companies.....

e-
Jrny1
Jrny1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:26 pm

Never Walk Away

Dohn geeef up Nevah walk away

Change For the Better

For I crash an burn-ah

It's change - not chainche

Many, many more instances.

Arnel reminds me of someone and it isn't Steve Perry:

Lyrics, etc Guest
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:28 pm

Cool! Good to know where to watch for it. Love your site, btw. I’ve used it as a resource more than a few times. Thank you! Cool
frfksakes
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:08 pm

AR wrote:Never Walk Away

Change For the Better

For I crash an burn-ah

Celine Dion has an accent when she sings also.

Arnel was plucked out of the Philippines, recorded two albums worth of music, one of which he had to learn in English from scratch. Has had the task of filling the shoes of one of Rock and Rolls premier vocalists, ever. And do that all in 6 months time. I'd say he's done a pretty damn good job. You fuckin whiner. Laughing
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 pm

pRick wrote:

Change For the Better

For I crash an burn-ah

Arnel was plucked out of the Philippines, recorded two albums worth of music, one of which he had to learn in English from scratch. Has had the task of filling the shoes of one of Rock and Rolls premier vocalists, ever. And do that all in 6 months time. I'd say he's done a pretty damn good job. You fuckin whiner. Laughing

It's a valid criticism.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:22 pm

AR wrote:
pRick wrote:

Change For the Better

For I crash an burn-ah

It's a valid criticism.

I'd be lying if I said his accent doesn't bother me at times as well. I thought they should have given him a few more swipes at After All These Years. It's pretty prevalent there. The lyric that bothers me there is when he says Dixie Highways. It should have been singular. That lyric to me is very important to that song because it ties that song to Journeys past.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:26 pm

pRick wrote:
I'd be lying if I said his accent doesn't bother me at times as well. I thought they should have given him a few more swipes at After All These Years. It's pretty prevalent there. The lyric that bothers me there is when he says Dixie Highways. It should have been singular. That lyric to me is very important to that song because it ties that song to Journeys past.

Actually Rick, the lyrics there are "gypsy highways" and there is an "s" Smile
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Lynn wrote:
pRick wrote:

Actually Rick, the lyrics there are "gypsy highways" and there is an "s" Smile

Should have been Dixie Highway then. That would have tied it in. My bad.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:08 pm

I will never say Arnel doesn't have talent. Some are just gushing over him (as they do every Journey lead singer). Rolling Eyes

I don't give a fuck about Filipino/Pinoy pride and am sick of hearing it, and sick of a lot of other things. If Arnel is all the Phillipines have to be proud of - a second rate karaoke singer for a washed up band - then that is sad. Something tells me, they have many other things to be VERY proud of.

While I feel Arnel is talented, he sounds like ass on many songs too. ESPECIALLY the remakes.

Want to puke? Replay the Perry versions back to back with that catatrophy that is disc 2. Even go Back to Back on Faith in the Heartland and see that the original as better. Sure Augeri was pro-tooled. But you're being foolish if you think Arnel didn't have to sing a line and stop and sing a line and stop to cover his butchering of the English language.

Point blank, Journey hired a talented novice who is their new pet. They will chew him up and spit him out just like yesterdays fucking garbage, and that's just the truth.

Some that are kissing their ass, not so much here but other places are lemmings.

They destroyed Steve Augeri. Then they perpetrated tapegate.

Then they got bailed out by JSS and fucked him in the ass.

Then they had an aborted flirtation with Jeremey. (the demos sound great BTW)

Now you are asked to accept a 2nd rate (albeit talented) amateur who has major issues whether some like it or not.

Sorry FUCK them and fuck Revelation.

That's how I feel, and it's ok if you feel different. But I am not backing down from that opinion.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:53 am

AR wrote:I will never say Arnel doesn't have talent. Some are just gushing over him (as they do every Journey lead singer). Rolling Eyes

I don't give a fuck about Filipino/Pinoy pride and am sick of hearing it, and sick of a lot of other things. If Arnel is all the Phillipines have to be proud of - a second rate karaoke singer for a washed up band - then that is sad. Something tells me, they have many other things to be VERY proud of.

While I feel Arnel is talented, he sounds like ass on many songs too. ESPECIALLY the remakes.

Want to puke? Replay the Perry versions back to back with that catatrophy that is disc 2. Even go Back to Back on Faith in the Heartland and see that the original as better. Sure Augeri was pro-tooled. But you're being foolish if you think Arnel didn't have to sing a line and stop and sing a line and stop to cover his butchering of the English language.

Point blank, Journey hired a talented novice who is their new pet. They will chew him up and spit him out just like yesterdays fucking garbage, and that's just the truth.

Some that are kissing their ass, not so much here but other places are lemmings.

They destroyed Steve Augeri. Then they perpetrated tapegate.

Then they got bailed out by JSS and fucked him in the ass.

Then they had an aborted flirtation with Jeremey. (the demos sound great BTW)

Now you are asked to accept a 2nd rate (albeit talented) amateur who has major issues whether some like it or not.

Sorry FUCK them and fuck Revelation.

That's how I feel, and it's ok if you feel different. But I am not backing down from that opinion.

That's amazing, see I think Revelation is the best release by Journey in 25 years.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:09 am

pRick wrote:
That's amazing, see I think Revelation is the best release by Journey in 25 years.

I see your point and can tell you that enthusiasm clouds the vision. I was so fuckin pumped about Generations I was saying it was their second best after Frontiers. Man was I high. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This is an OK CD, actually a solid effort, but man, I gotta tell you, it's hard to be objective here, at least for me. While I won't ever bash their musicianship, I would feel downright dirty owning that CD. Carrying from the store to my car would make me feel sleazy.
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyrock Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:31 am

I agree with both of you guys. And I haven't even listened to it, much less buy it. I felt dirty just holding it at Walmart long enough to look at the pictures and then puke on the floor.

I have no interest in this cover band of Journey. If I want to hear a Journey Cover band, I'll go listen to Jeremey or Hugo.
journeyrock
journeyrock
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RockinDeano Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm

journeyrock wrote:I agree with both of you guys. And I haven't even listened to it, much less buy it. I felt dirty just holding it at Walmart long enough to look at the pictures and then puke on the floor.

I have no interest in this cover band of Journey. If I want to hear a Journey Cover band, I'll go listen to Jeremey or Hugo.

I don't get the "cover band" argument. As much as a scumbag Journey organization is, they aren't a cover band. They reserve the right to hire anyone they desire.
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by frfksakes Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:30 pm

RockinDeano wrote:
journeyrock wrote:I agree with both of you guys. And I haven't even listened to it, much less buy it. I felt dirty just holding it at Walmart long enough to look at the pictures and then puke on the floor.

I don't get the "cover band" argument. As much as a scumbag Journey organization is, they aren't a cover band. They reserve the right to hire anyone they desire.

Case in point for the "cover band" argument: A whole CD of cover tunes. Not just the same songs, but a complete mimic of Perry's phrasing, his inflections...
This is what makes me angry,,
They have every right to move on, but to claim they're moving on with this greedy bastardization is ridiculous.

Would an Elton John or Freddie Mercury soundalike get away with this?

No

Nobody would buy a copycat version when they can buy the original.

So why are Journey fans so ok with it?

Maybe Arnel’s remarkable story has clouded people’s judgment. I know I’m impressed – and wish him well. Esp. since it is his story that has garnered Jrny so much attention.
Will he get compensated for that? I doubt it.

But let me tell you what I really think… Wink Laughing
frfksakes
frfksakes
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:40 pm

frfksakes wrote:
RockinDeano wrote:

Case in point for the "cover band" argument: A whole CD of cover tunes. Not just the same songs, but a complete mimic of Perry's phrasing, his inflections...
This is what makes me angry,,
They have every right to move on, but to claim they're moving on with this greedy bastardization is ridiculous.

Would an Elton John or Freddie Mercury soundalike get away with this?

No

Nobody would buy a copycat version when they can buy the original.

So why are Journey fans so ok with it?

Maybe Arnel’s remarkable story has clouded people’s judgment. I know I’m impressed – and wish him well. Esp. since it is his story that has garnered Jrny so much attention.
Will he get compensated for that? I doubt it.

But let me tell you what I really think… Wink Laughing

When you play your own music, it's not considered a cover.

It's amusing that people are ok with Chalfant recording Journeys music and making money off of it, but Journey can't do that with their own stuff. Some of the arguments are completely ridiculous. You people are high.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next