What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New song on Myspace...

4 posters

Go down

New song on Myspace... Empty New song on Myspace...

Post by GI_Jim Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I just posted a new version of "Take Me Away" on Myspace. This version is only lacking the rhythm guitar tracks (which I should have back in two days), then it's complete. I REALLY hope you like this, and it's one of my favorite tracks.

I have another song that I'm trying to finish this week that I think you'll REALLY like. Alex thinks it sounds like a Journey song, and I agree with him. It's pretty upbeat, and I think a lot of you here will like it. I'll definitely keep you posted (as always!).

Please drop by Myspace and leave me a message. Thanks very much for the support, and I hope to hear from you all! Just go to www.myspace.com/jimrykbost to check out the new song. Thanks!

Jim
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

New song on Myspace... Empty Re: New song on Myspace...

Post by DSHinMICH Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:18 am

I like it! All of your songs are great Jim! Best of luck to you!!
DSHinMICH
DSHinMICH
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:20 am

I'll check it out tonight when I get home. No computer speakers at work.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:27 am

DSHinMICH wrote:I like it! All of your songs are great Jim! Best of luck to you!!

Thank you, I really appreciate it! I have a couple of more upbeat, uptempo songs that I should have up there very soon. One of them is our title track called "Cold Heart". It's VERY 80's, and thats a style we're shooting for with a lot of these songs. I'm glad you like them, and I'll keep you posted. Wink
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 am

Ed wrote:I'll check it out tonight when I get home. No computer speakers at work.

I'd just call in sick then Ed! Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DSHinMICH Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:31 am

Your welcome Jim! Can't wait to hear them!
DSHinMICH
DSHinMICH
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:47 pm

Really cool guitar solo on this track, Jim. I am looking forward to hearing your upbeat track. I really like all your songs individually but they do all have that "moody" 80s feel. A few upbeat numbers to space out these tracks on the finished product will do your album flow good I think... Great job though. It must not be easy recording all this shit back and forth.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:Really cool guitar solo on this track, Jim. I am looking forward to hearing your upbeat track. I really like all your songs individually but they do all have that "moody" 80s feel. A few upbeat numbers to space out these tracks on the finished product will do your album flow good I think... Great job though. It must not be easy recording all this shit back and forth.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. This last song I just posted is to be the LAST fucking ballad I ever write! Laughing Okay...I'll stop lying now... but it's the last one I WANT to write. Very Happy I have some much more upbeat stuff I'm writing right now, but the faster songs are harder for me to write for some reason. My newest song sounds VERY much like a Journey song... I just have to finish the lyrics on it. I have a few others that are also in the works that I should be able to finish soon.

It is a challenge working thousands of miles apart. I have a singer in Italy, a bass player from Scotland, and now it looks like we also have a drummer from Scotland! Laughing I'm not making any announcements on the drummer yet, as we've just been introduced. He seems like a really nice guy though, and I have a good feeling about him. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character...

Our Bass player who will play on the final songs is Paul Logue from Eden's Curse. They're a great band, but of course they're a MUCH harder edged band than we are. Paul really likes our songs though, and we've worked on projects together in the past with Doogie White, Jay Parmar and Andreas Novak.

I'm excited to see where all of this goes, and it seems like this puzzle is assembling itself very quickly now. I'll keep you all posted, and thanks very much for the support. Wink
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:27 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:Really cool guitar solo on this track, Jim. I am looking forward to hearing your upbeat track. I really like all your songs individually but they do all have that "moody" 80s feel. A few upbeat numbers to space out these tracks on the finished product will do your album flow good I think... Great job though. It must not be easy recording all this shit back and forth.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. This last song I just posted is to be the LAST fucking ballad I ever write! Laughing Okay...I'll stop lying now... but it's the last one I WANT to write. Very Happy I have some much more upbeat stuff I'm writing right now, but the faster songs are harder for me to write for some reason. My newest song sounds VERY much like a Journey song... I just have to finish the lyrics on it. I have a few others that are also in the works that I should be able to finish soon.

It is a challenge working thousands of miles apart. I have a singer in Italy, a bass player from Scotland, and now it looks like we also have a drummer from Scotland! Laughing I'm not making any announcements on the drummer yet, as we've just been introduced. He seems like a really nice guy though, and I have a good feeling about him. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character...

Our Bass player who will play on the final songs is Paul Logue from Eden's Curse. They're a great band, but of course they're a MUCH harder edged band than we are. Paul really likes our songs though, and we've worked on projects together in the past with Doogie White, Jay Parmar and Andreas Novak.

I'm excited to see where all of this goes, and it seems like this puzzle is assembling itself very quickly now. I'll keep you all posted, and thanks very much for the support. Wink

Sounds great man. As a fan of 80s music, I've always liked the 80s darker mood that you capture really well in your songs... and I find I naturally write songs that way too (I'm nowhere near the caliber of writer you are, mind you). It's hard to write something real upbeat without having a live band to jam to as well, I'm sure. I also think the moody tracks will spark up quite well once you do get the live rhythm section down.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down