What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010

5 posters

Go down

new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010 Empty new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010

Post by lights1961 Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:17 am

here is the article...

ABBA and Genisis and the Hollies for starters...
KISS left off...

http://www.rockhall.com/induction2010/

read and discuss.

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010 Empty Re: new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010

Post by Saint John Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:22 am

I think trying to discuss an entity that is so flawed and illogical as the R&R HOF is a bit impossible.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010 Empty Re: new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010

Post by lights1961 Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:28 am

Saint John wrote:I think trying to discuss an entity that is so flawed and illogical as the R&R HOF is a bit impossible.

you can throw in your 2 cents worth or your own opinions... RORHOF is flawed alright... but hey so is the BCS... but everyone has an opinion on the subjects... just saying...

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:44 am

Good points, Rick. I'm all for ABBA, The Hollies and Genesis getting in. Kiss is great and probably deserves to be in from a theatrical point, but their catalog is nothing special. I think Journey should definitely be in and I hope they never let shitty ass Rush in. They suck.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by M~Girl Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 am

Even if you don't think much of their catalog, Kiss has sold over 19 million records in the United States and over 100 million worldwide, does that even mean anything?!?!
They are elaborate, flamboyant entertainers and
they set huge standards for concert production and merchandising.
They are a one hell of a band and a business...and yes it's silly to try
to make any sense of the RNRHOF!!! I still Love Kiss....Wink

M~Girl
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:26 am

Saint John wrote:Good points, Rick. I'm all for ABBA, The Hollies and Genesis getting in. Kiss is great and probably deserves to be in from a theatrical point, but their catalog is nothing special. I think Journey should definitely be in and I hope they never let shitty ass Rush in. They suck.
RUSH should be in...

SYTX should be in... Kansas should be there, Journey is iffy too many years they were not
around when they would have been at their best, I think that lay off 1986-1996 really hurts them. REO should also be in for hi infedility alone. IS Nugent in?? if not he should be there too...

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:31 am

I like Abba a lot.

The Hollies???????? What 3 hits?

Obviously the Kiss thing is ridiculous, but I'm not surprised. Along those lines - Every fucking guitarist who has ever picked up a Stratocaster has played Smoke on The Water. Where are Deep Purple?

Total liberal hippie horseshit.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 am

I think it would be incredible if KISS and Journey could get in at the same time. Watching Stanley wipe the stage with Perry (who hopefully isn't re-entering the earth's atmosphere without heat tiles and could attend) would be a lot of fun for me. Then again, I doubt he'd perform. He never does. He's saving up that voice that "sounds as good as anytime in the mid 80's" for his next backing vocals gig with some obscure shit band.

Last edited by Saint John on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:13 am

Ed wrote:The Hollies???????? What 3 hits?

1. Bus Stop
2. He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
3. Long Cool Woman ( In A Black Dress)
4. The Air That I Breathe
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:09 am

Moon Beam wrote:

1. Bus Stop

Ok 4.

Now compare that catalog to Hall & Oates.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:44 am

Ed wrote:
Moon Beam wrote:

1. Bus Stop

Ok 4.

Now compare that catalog to Hall & Oates.

Hall & Oates in a 3rd round knockout. new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010 Icon_lol Those guys are so incredibly talented and overlooked. And of the 4 hits listed by Moonie, #'s 2 and 4 are garbage. A song about having a fat fuck brother and the other about breathing? new inductees for Rock and Roll hall of fame announced for 2010 Icon_scratch
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down