What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One

+4
Styxman
lights1961
Behshad
Ed
8 posters

Go down

iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Empty iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One

Post by Ed Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 am

I just picked up the Droid for $119. I had been paying AT&T over $100 a month for the plan I had with the Blackberry Curve. Because I have landline/TV/Internet with Verizon, they offered me essentially the same plan but for $50 less a month.

Won't be able to fire up the Droid phone until tonight so I can't really review it yet, but it looks awesome. I would have loved to have gotten the iPhone, but my new deal was just too good and I had a lot of problems with AT&T anyway.

Anyone else have any of these "smart" phones? The Nexus One looked cool as well, but it was $599 unlocked and I don't know a freaking thing about T-Mobile.

Of course I'm bound to get hammered this weekend and lose or damage the fucker. iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Affraid
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Empty Re: iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One

Post by Behshad Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am

I love my iPhone and I cant see any other phones replacing it until the 4th generation iPhone comes out in July Smile
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 pm

we have the t-mobile plan... with the 3G touch screen and it is pretty good. it makes a call and you can check the web right on your phone. I am not a huge fan of all the bells and whistles of cell phones.... #1 priority should be does it dial out to make a call... can you get a reception once you answer the phone... pretty simple really... and t-mobile works great internationally with amazing reception.
oh and it shouldnt cost an arm and a leg... our plan for unlimited minutes for two phones is about 176.00-250.00 a month... or more depending if we have roaming charges or not.

All the other stuff is pretty over rated as far as a cell phone and what the primary use of it is supposed to be!!

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Blackberry for me, I need a phone for e-mail and business - no games or music and I wouldn't change it for anything
No idea what this droid phone is all about but it sounds like just a new boys toy.
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Looks like it more of a web browsing phone, looking at the write up Ed..that right?
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Styxman wrote:Looks like it more of a web browsing phone, looking at the write up Ed..that right?

Yes. Also, I'm going to use it as my new in car GPS system. It does turn by turn with voice commands with Gooogle maps with no additional fee.

Blackberry was excellent for e-mail when I had it. I did want some more internet browsing capability.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Styxman wrote:Blackberry for me, I need a phone for e-mail and business - no games or music and I wouldn't change it for anything
No idea what this droid phone is all about but it sounds like just a new boys toy.

and styxie... I love the 3G now but at first I missed my blackberry pearl as I thought that was an amazing tool.

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Ed wrote:
Styxman wrote:Looks like it more of a web browsing phone, looking at the write up Ed..that right?

Yes. Also, I'm going to use it as my new in car GPS system. It does turn by turn with voice commands with Gooogle maps with no additional fee.

Blackberry was excellent for e-mail when I had it. I did want some more internet browsing capability.

I've got the GPS system on the Blackberry works well Ed but I must agree The BB is shite with browsing. I can upgrade in 4 months so I'll look out for your reports on this new Droid
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:03 pm

lights1961 wrote:
Styxman wrote:Blackberry for me, I need a phone for e-mail and business - no games or music and I wouldn't change it for anything

and styxie... I love the 3G now but at first I missed my blackberry pearl as I thought that was an amazing tool.

Never used my Blackberry like a tool Rick...it's far too fuckin' wide dude...ouch!!
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Well I've got it up and running. I swear though my house is Fort Knox for preventing any kind of cell signal though regardless of carrier.

Looks like a fun gadget. I'm sure I'll mess around with it tomorrow while pretending to work.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Behshad wrote:I love my iPhone and I cant see any other phones replacing it until the 4th generation iPhone comes out in July iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Icon_smile

iPhone is the best thing I have ever bought...EVER!

My whole business is on there and I can literally run the site off it, should the need arise, + social media, ipod, games, maps, internet anywhere, e-mail anywhere....shopping, shit...love it!

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Andrew wrote:
Behshad wrote:I love my iPhone and I cant see any other phones replacing it until the 4th generation iPhone comes out in July iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Icon_smile

My whole business is on there and I can literally run the site off it, should the need arise, + social media, ipod, games, maps, internet anywhere, e-mail anywhere....shopping, shit...love it!

This Droid seems to do all of that. Too early in though. I like the iPhone a lot, but it would have cost me $299 instead of $119 and an extra $50 a month. The Verizon Quad play (TV/Internet/Land line/Cell) forced my hand a bit.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Andrew wrote:

I love mine too! I'd never want to go back to any other kind of phone again. I hope I never have to. My cousin's husbands both had the droid and seemed to like it, but then one of them had some kind of bugs going on with his. Since it's so new, I bet there are things they have to iron out. The Iphone had glitches when it first came out too. My only complaint is the battery life, but I have learned to get around that by charging it while I'm driving and when I'm home often.
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:30 pm

Andrew
the next thing we need to do is to make an iPhone friendly version of MR Wink
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Behshad wrote:Andrew
the next thing we need to do is to make an iPhone friendly version of MR iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Icon_wink

I am working on it Smile

And a complete overhaul of the entire site...and maybe a MR App also.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:24 am

So I take it the Droid and iphone load the front page of MR and WTF and they don't have to reload as you scroll down, that's one thing with the Blackberry that stops me from using it as a browser it take ages to load all pictures etc.

Other thing is, it has a browser a WAP browser and a Vodafone live browser, why three browsers...anyone have an answer to that?
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:24 am

MR iPhone App!???
Now that sounds AWESOME!!! Smile let me know if you need a beta tester Wink
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:35 am

Behshad wrote:let me know if you need a beta tester

... or a master beta. iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Icon_lol
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 am

Saint John wrote:

Comedy day in WTF iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Icon_lol iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Icon_lol
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:40 am

Saint John wrote:

Either way, we will help Drew out somehow iPhone vs. Droid vs. Nexus One Affraid
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down