What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Chalfant @ MR

+7
Behshad
bluejeangirl
Andrew
Saint John
Ed
Ehwmatt
Gideon
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Chalfant @ MR

Post by Saint John Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Great points, Matt. But I'd say that the one thing you have to realize is that it's no more than 10-20 or so people running around doing the things that piss you (and others) off. That's probably, as a percentage, the same amount of weird fans that any band/act/singer/artist is gonna have. It's just amplified and they stand out so much because of the language barrier. Aside from that, they're no bigger or smaller than the Loons, Wigglers or Sotocrats. And, in the end, all are good people ...except the Loons. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Saint John wrote:Great points, Matt. But I'd say that the one thing you have to realize is that it's no more than 10-20 or so people running around doing the things that piss you (and others) off. That's probably, as a percentage, the same amount of weird fans that any band/act/singer/artist is gonna have. It's just amplified and they stand out so much because of the language barrier. Aside from that, they're no bigger or smaller than the Loons, Wigglers or Sotocrats. And, in the end, all are good people ...except the Loons. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol

Yeah. It's not like I care when I see a group of teenagers at a Journey show that just showed up for DSB, Separate Ways, and Faithfully and wouldn't know Pineda from a well-done dog from Steve Perry. I don't get mad. They can have a good time and hopefully have their eyes opened. It's just the message board/Internet culture where you figure people taking the time to seek such places out would be informed. At the end of the day, I just want to be able to count on a solid, informed musical discourse from anyone proclaiming to be a huge fan of the band's.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by M~Girl Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks, Matty ...you saved me a lot of trouble!! I'll practice quoting later!! I agree w/you ...I hope this doesn't make me something VILE!! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Wink

SJ~ Journey fans are not all good people!!! Thanks for the quoting tips!!!Wink

M~Girl
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:42 pm

Gideon wrote:
M~Girl wrote:Evidently it works ...he loves to go against the grain!! I love G~boy!! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_wink

Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek

Against the gra -- are you fucking kidding me? Gunbot is about as dissident as a Nazi calling out a Jew during the fucking Holocaust. What a rebel. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

The posters of MelodicRock all tend to be ridiculously pro-Perry and Perry apologists and, failing that, prefer him as the lead singer. He's part of the overwhelming majority.

The guy's one step removed from Deano and is currently locked in mortal combat with Portland for the position of Perry's official cocksucker.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's funny, obviously intelligent, and he does raise valid points. But they are always pro-Perry in nature. The idea that he's objective or anything other than the majority's lapdog is absolutely silly. If he had any self-respect and really fancied himself the rebel, he'd go to Youtube, where the Pinheads are almost as numerous as the Loons.

Going against the grain my ass.

M~Girl wrote:Steveo's an ass ...can I say that here!?! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_smile

Steveo's a lot less outspoken about Perry than he used to. I'll give you Loons credit, you manage to intimidate the Pinheads into silence. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_razz

Now if only you could be silent....like that would ever happen. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_razz

Giddy you crap all over me for being as you put it the head loon....actually of late I have
not posted much about Perry now have I??? I am not currently locked in mortal combat with
anyone.....except you! even Dan and I are back on speaking terms!

As far as Gunbot goes....I am sure can kick your little ass....so I will leave him to
deal with you...but then again you are not at MR making your posts...so he can't respond to
your long ass dribble!
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:33 am

M~Girl wrote:[

Steveo's an ass ...can I say that here!?! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_smile

I think you should say that in as many places as you can Wink Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by M~Girl Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

portland wrote:
Gideon wrote:
M~Girl wrote:Evidently it works ...he loves to go against the grain!! I love G~boy!! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_wink

Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_eek

Against the gra -- are you fucking kidding me? Gunbot is about as dissident as a Nazi calling out a Jew during the fucking Holocaust. What a rebel. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

The posters of MelodicRock all tend to be ridiculously pro-Perry and Perry apologists and, failing that, prefer him as the lead singer. He's part of the overwhelming majority.

The guy's one step removed from Deano and is currently locked in mortal combat with Portland for the position of Perry's official cocksucker.

Don't get me wrong, the guy's funny, obviously intelligent, and he does raise valid points. But they are always pro-Perry in nature. The idea that he's objective or anything other than the majority's lapdog is absolutely silly. If he had any self-respect and really fancied himself the rebel, he'd go to Youtube, where the Pinheads are almost as numerous as the Loons.

M~Girl wrote:Steveo's an ass ...can I say that here!?! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_smile

Steveo's a lot less outspoken about Perry than he used to. I'll give you Loons credit, you manage to intimidate the Pinheads into silence. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_razz

Now if only you could be silent....like that would ever happen. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_razz
I certainly hope not ...he's fun!! Wink

M~Girl
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:44 am

M~Girl wrote:
portland wrote:
Gideon wrote:

Fun? MGirl...Giddy is about as "fun" for me as what you would think of spending the night in the company of SteveO777.......but Giddy can be charming at times.

I am really fond of the "new" name he has bestowed upon me..... Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by M~Girl Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:20 pm

portland wrote:
M~Girl wrote:

Fun? MGirl...Giddy is about as "fun" for me as what you would think of spending the night in the company of SteveO777.......but Giddy can be charming at times.

I am really fond of the "new" name he has bestowed upon me..... Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

This must be where I differ from the rest of civilization because that does sound like fun to me!!
If I spent all of my time w/yes men, life would be sooo boring!!! Wink

What new name?!?!

M~Girl
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:41 pm

First,

Gideon wrote:Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol

You'll be back.

...This is why I love talking to you, Port-A-John! You always prove me right! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol

You're casting a pall on the Loon Brigade; they like to think of themselves as honest folk. You might just have your membership revoked.

Portland wrote:Giddy you crap all over me for being as you put it the head loon....actually of late I have
not posted much about Perry now have I??? I am not currently locked in mortal combat with
anyone.....except you! even Dan and I are back on speaking terms!

Well, as we've established, you and I are on speaking terms and I can assure you that Dan isn't likely to have changed his mind about your cheerleader routine.

Portland wrote:As far as Gunbot goes....I am sure can kick your little ass....so I will leave him to
deal with you...but then again you are not at MR making your posts...so he can't respond to
your long ass dribble!

Gunbot and I got into an actual argument a grand total of one time, right here: http://forums.melodicrock.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41262&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

I responded once and he opted to retreat. Unless he's beefed up on the facts and strategy when it comes to his Perry apologia, you'll excuse me if I don't feel particularly threatened by that.

M~Girl wrote:What new name?!?!

Port-A-John.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:58 pm

I love it when Gideon engages Loons. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Saint John wrote:I love it when Gideon engages Loons. Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol

I know Dan...I know Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Bom
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by portland Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 pm

M~Girl wrote:
portland wrote:
M~Girl wrote:

This must be where I differ from the rest of civilization because that does sound like fun to me!!
If I spent all of my time w/yes men, life would be sooo boring!!! Wink

What new name?!?!

I never thought of Giddy this way^^^^^you have now opened my eyes to the realm
of all the arguing I should be enjoying!!! Thanks MG!!! Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_wink Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_lol Kevin Chalfant @ MR - Page 3 Icon_cool
portland
portland
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3