What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The term "passive aggressive"

+2
DP
Ed
6 posters

Go down

The term "passive aggressive" Empty The term "passive aggressive"

Post by Ed Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:37 pm

I hate that term. All it means is "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't".

Sometimes you let things go, sometimes you go apeshit over something. It happens every day.

People can be nice one day and let things go and in another situation go on the warpath. Just like in real life. (See a woman on the rag vs. when horny)

Next person that uses that term should be fucked in the ear with a Highlander sword. (Donna you get a free pass for using it this evening on MR). The term "passive aggressive" Icon_wink
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

The term "passive aggressive" Empty Re: The term "passive aggressive"

Post by DP Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Ed wrote:I hate that term. All it means is "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't".

Sometimes you let things go, sometimes you go apeshit over something. It happens every day.

People can be nice one day and let things go and in another situation go on the warpath. Just like in real life. (See a woman on the rag vs. when horny)

Next person that uses that term should be fucked in the ear with a Highlander sword. (Donna you get a free pass for using it this evening on MR). The term "passive aggressive" Icon_wink

Gee, thanks... I think. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_rabbit

What you describe is not passive aggressive though, IMO. It's just moody. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_geek
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:54 pm

BTW, Eddie... YOU SUCK! I mean that in a nice sorta way, though. The term "passive aggressive" Fresse
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:06 pm

DP wrote:
Ed wrote:I hate that term. All it means is "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't".

Gee, thanks... I think. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_rabbit

What you describe is not passive aggressive though, IMO. It's just moody. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_geek

It is a personality trait marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually
disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

• Ambiguity
    or speaking cryptically: a means of engendering a feeling of insecurity
    in others
  • Chronically being late and forgetting things: another way to exert
    control or to punish.
  • Fear of competition
  • Fear of dependency
  • Fear of intimacy as a means to act out
    anger: The passive aggressive often cannot trust. Because of this, they guard
    themselves against becoming intimately attached to someone.
  • Making chaotic
    situations
  • Making excuses for non-performance in
    work teams
  • Obstructionism
  • Sulking
  • Victimization response:
    instead of recognizing one's own weaknesses, tendency to blame others
    for own failures.

That's not how people are using it on the forums. They are referencing it exactly how I phrased it.

Passive Aggressive sounds like something Hillary Clinton thought up. I stand by my Highlander comment. Only Phallus should be using annoying terms like that make me want to shit in her face.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Ed wrote:
It is a personality trait marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually
disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

• Ambiguity
    or speaking cryptically: a means of engendering a feeling of insecurity
    in others

• Chronically being late and forgetting things: another way to exert
    control or to punish.
  • Fear of competition
  • Fear of dependency
  • Fear of intimacy as a means to act out
    anger: The passive aggressive often cannot trust. Because of this, they guard
    themselves against becoming intimately attached to someone.
  • Making chaotic
    situations

• Making excuses for non-performance in
    work teams
  • Obstructionism
  • Sulking
  • Victimization response:
    instead of recognizing one's own weaknesses, tendency to blame others
    for own failures.

That's not how people are using it on the forums. They are referencing it exactly how I phrased it.

Passive Aggressive sounds like something Hillary Clinton thought up. I stand by my Highlander comment. Only Phallus should be using annoying terms like that make me want to shit in her face.

High-lighted the points that are why I use the term to describe St Phyllis.

And Ed honey, you can kiss my wobbly Welsh arse. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 pm

And Ed honey, you can kiss my wobbly Welsh arse. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol

That would require a digital photo to see where my mouth is going and permission from my wife. Wink
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:47 pm

The one thing is that Phallus is so verbose that I don't think she's ambiguous. I kind of wish she WAS!!!! The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlack Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Ed wrote:

That would require a digital photo to see where my mouth is going and permission from my wife. Wink

The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol Just make a bowl of jello, upend it, divide almost into two, and imagine the worst. The term "passive aggressive" 45155
SilverBlack
SilverBlack
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 pm

I agree with Donna, I don't think you understand passive agressive. It's not someone being passive one moment and agressive the next, it's doing both at the same time. Example: when a nurse that has a problem with the fact that she now has to take orders from me takes care of my patients and calls me 13 times in two hours for really no good reason. See, I can't tell her "don't call me" because then she'll go the complete opposite way and not call me when she should and then she'll play the "you told me not to call" card. So see, passive because she has an "ace in the hole" to play the innocent one, agressive because she knows she's pissing me off by calling every 7 minutes and also knows there's really nothing I can do about it.....BITCH!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by M~Girl Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:50 pm

I like it, Ed ...but I can do without the ear thing!! Wink

M~Girl
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 pm

natalie wrote:I agree with Donna, I don't think you understand passive agressive. It's not someone being passive one moment and agressive the next, it's doing both at the same time. Example: when a nurse that has a problem with the fact that she now has to take orders from me takes care of my patients and calls me 13 times in two hours for really no good reason. See, I can't tell her "don't call me" because then she'll go the complete opposite way and not call me when she should and then she'll play the "you told me not to call" card. So see, passive because she has an "ace in the hole" to play the innocent one, agressive because she knows she's pissing me off by calling every 7 minutes and also knows there's really nothing I can do about it.....BITCH!

I completely understand it Nat. On message boards it's a lame paint brush being misused though. You defined it correctly but others haven't. Either way it's an annoying phrase that's being overused. Cunt or dick work much better when someone is annoying. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_smile

Lets use the tried and true adjectives and not the designer labels. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_clown
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:58 pm

Passive:

• lacking in energy or will; "Much benevolence of the passive order
    may be traced to a disinclination to inflict pain upon oneself"- George
    Meredith
  • peacefully resistant in response to injustice;
    "passive resistance"
  • passive voice: the voice used to indicate
    that the grammatical subject of the verb is the recipient (not the
    source) of the action denoted by the verb; "`The ball was thrown by the
    boy' uses the passive voice"; "`The ball was thrown' is an abbreviated
    passive"

Aggressive:

• having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends;
    "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was
  • tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
  • characteristic
    of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another
    country"; "a belligerent tone"
Now does "Passive Aggressive" really incorporate both definitions of those 2 words?

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Ed wrote: Cunt or dick work much better when someone is annoying. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_smile

Lets use the tried and true adjectives and not the designer labels. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_clown
Well, OK, I can live with that......dick. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_wink

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:05 pm

natalie wrote:
Ed wrote: Cunt or dick work much better when someone is annoying. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_smile

Well, OK, I can live with that......dick. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_wink

I can too CUNT!

See was that so difficult? The term "passive aggressive" Icon_wink The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Ed wrote:
natalie wrote:

I can too CUNT!

See was that so difficult? The term "passive aggressive" Icon_wink The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol

Not at all! The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol

Now STFU and don't ever call me that again or I'll kick your ass...I KNOW where you live. The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 am

Ed wrote:The one thing is that Phallus is so verbose that I don't think she's ambiguous. I kind of wish she WAS!!!! The term "passive aggressive" Icon_lol

Oh, there's no ambiguity there. But what she does it puts those little jabs into a comment that she thinks is complimentary, or even helpful, to those she's talking down to. And then feigns innocence when someone 'misunderstands' what she's saying or lacks 'reading comprehension' and becomes offended at her words.

I think some folks really tried this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBM6CBtuHS4

The term "passive aggressive" Lol
DP
DP
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:26 am

Another example of passive aggressive.

Two women show up at a social event.

The passive aggressive woman would loudly proclaim to the other woman "Oh, sweetie, you look so nice tonight. That dress looks just beautiful on you. I had one just like it years ago until I donated it to one of my many charities"

Her passiveness makes you want to become aggressive and just bitch-slap her.

Twisted Evil
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down