What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC

+3
Saint John
Journey Mom
Ed
7 posters

Go down

Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Empty Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC

Post by Ed Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:35 pm

The stage is scaled back for being in theaters but still looks like a great production. Things get going around the 2:30 mark.

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Empty Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC

Post by Journey Mom Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 am

I'm bringing my son home from college so we can see this show in Chicago next Saturday night. Really excited about it. Please, please let me know what you think of it. Make sure you stay for the M&G after the show.

Journey Mom
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Empty Re: Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC

Post by Saint John Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:05 am

Journey Mom wrote: Make sure you stay for the M&G after the show.

Man, I'd love to surprise my good friend Jeff Scott Cherone and make a show and M&G, but I just can't gay myself up enough to hear Christmas carols and orchestral music in the Spring. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_wink Still looks like a fantastic production, though.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Journey Mom Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:17 am

There won't be any Christmas music at this show. They're doing Beethoven's Last Night, which is a rock opera based on known facts and fiction of Beethoven's last night on Earth. It's an awesome piece of music. They've never done this live before. JSS has gotten really good reviews for his role of Satan.

Journey Mom
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:29 am

Journey Mom wrote: JSS has gotten really good reviews for his role of Satan.

That's probably just Schon and Cain writing those reviews. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Saint John wrote:

Man, I'd love to surprise my good friend Jeff Scott Cherone and make a show and M&G,

Want me to call him that tonight? Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Ed wrote:
Saint John wrote:

Man, I'd love to surprise my good friend Jeff Scott Cherone and make a show and M&G,

Want me to call him that tonight? Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol

I'm sure between you, Matt and me that our phones will be ablaze with alcohol induced calls all weekend. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_redface Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Bom
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Saint John wrote:
Ed wrote:
Saint John wrote:

I'm sure between you, Matt and me that our phones will be ablaze with alcohol induced calls all weekend. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_redface Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Bom

Our little get together is just over 2 months away... can't wait. Bring summer on.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:12 am

Back from the show. Great time!

Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC TSOPass

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Journey Mom Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Glad you had a good time. Can you share some details?

Journey Mom
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Journey Mom wrote:Glad you had a good time. Can you share some details?

Met Pam around 5 at the ESPNZone in DC. Suzanne who some of you may know also joined us. My wife always lost out on all the trips I used to take. No secret a lot of us on WTF are friends with JSS. Just a fun night out where I could bring my wife and see a great show and meet up with people I have now known for 4+ years.

There should be a group pic available when Suzanne posts it.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:08 am

I took a TON of pics and will post them as soon as I get them all edited. Suz took video and will post it soon as well.

Good seeing you & Lori, Ed! Next time we'll grab a spot near a TV so Jeff can watch his game! Haha Twisted Evil
Sunshine
Sunshine
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-05-25

https://www.facebook.com/pam.picciotta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC TSOJSS1
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:49 am

Warner Theater, Washington, DC, Sunday April 11th:

"JEFFistopheles"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQMGaeAptDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB1QJbVWcjw

Video by: Suzanne Roberts

sunny
Sunshine
Sunshine
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:21 am

Ed wrote:Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC TSOJSS1

Who is the kid in the pic? That's not Jeff's son. I've met Jason and he's got lighter hair/eyes and around the same age as my daughter (20), but holy crap that guy looks more like he could be his son than Jason. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_eek Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol Gotta be related somehow, no?? LOL at Suz peeking in from the back. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 am

Thats Kirk Hammet Jr Wink
Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Kirk_hammett_escape06_1024
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Been watching a lot of clips of the entire show on youtube and I all I can say is Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Sleep Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Sleep Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Sleep Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Sleep . It just seems remarkably boring. This type of thing seems somewhat cool in the winter when it's balls cold and there isn't much else to do outside, but this time of year I just can't get into an orchestra indoors. It's outdoor concert season! Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_smile
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Youre right,, it IS more of a winter concert...
Thats why I skipped it,,,
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Behshad wrote:Youre right,, it IS more of a winter concert...
Thats why I skipped it,,,

Me, too. I like the idea of going inside when it's fucking freezing out, getting liquored up and watching the show and then walking outside so drunk that it feels like summer again. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol It's just a moot point in the Spring! Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_wink
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:22 pm

I wouldn't compare this to an actual rock concert. It had more of a feel of going to the theater which made for a great date night out for me and my wife.

Most of the reviews point to there being too much narration - which I agree with. Those points were slow for me. I like the big holiday show production more, but I can't blame them for trying this because they've been selling out most dates.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Deb wrote:

Who is the kid in the pic? That's not Jeff's son. I've met Jason and he's got lighter hair/eyes and around the same age as my daughter (20), but holy crap that guy looks more like he could be his son than Jason. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_eek Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol Gotta be related somehow, no?? LOL at Suz peeking in from the back. Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_lol

NOPE, not related at all!! That is Suzanne's son, Michael. He does look like Jeff's son or brother. Even on of the TSO roadies thought he was related to Jeff. Jeff even commented on how much they looked alike! afro
Sunshine
Sunshine
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Sunshine wrote:
Deb wrote:

NOPE, not related at all!! That is Suzanne's son, Michael. He does look like Jeff's son or brother. Even on of the TSO roadies thought he was related to Jeff. Jeff even commented on how much they looked alike! afro

He looks a lot more like Kirk ! Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Icon_mad
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Trans Siberian Orchestra tomorrow in DC Kirk%20Hammett%202
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:38 pm

I think he looks more like Kirk as well, but a lot of people were asking if he and Jeff were related.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down