What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London

5 posters

Go down

Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London Empty Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London

Post by Ed Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:07 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Iran-threatens-London-boycott-over-racist-Olym?urn=oly-327678

Mon Feb 28 03:53pm EST

Iran threatens London boycott over 'racist' Olympic logo
By Chris Chase

Iran is threatening to boycott of the 2012 London Olympics because it claims the official logo for the games resembles the word "Zion," which is a biblical term for Jerusalem.

Bahram Afsharzadeh, the secretary-general of Iran's National Olympic Committee, says he sent a letter to IOC president Jacques Rogge in which he condemns the logo as "racist" and calls upon other Muslim countries to join in protest.

The logo was unveiled four years ago to mass criticism, almost all of which had to do with the awkward, bulky design and not pro-Zionist conspiracy:

Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London London2012

If you're reading vertically rather than horizontally and think an irregular pentagon resembles the letter "I" then you can sort of make out "zion" in the logo. Although if you read counterclockwise from the bottom left it also looks like "Izzo," which may draw copyright complaints from Jay-Z and cries of protest from Ohio State fans.
"There is no doubt that negligence of the issue from your side may affect the presence of some countries in the games, especially Iran, which abides by commitment to the values and principles," Afsharzadeh said in the letter to Rogge.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London Empty Re: Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London

Post by Liam Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Iran?? Out of the Olympics??? They were IN???? LMAO
Liam
Liam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London Empty Re: Iran threatens to boycott 2012 Olympics in London

Post by Styxman Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 pm

They held the record for the Plutonium Shot put and short to mid range guided Javelin....fuckin' dangerous athelete's from Iran, I'm glad they're not coming over.
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Nice. lol
Liam
Liam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Shock sets in as the rest of the world gives a collective, "Who gives a fuck!!"

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:43 pm

I laughed so fucking hard when I saw the title because I thought it said "Ian threatens to boycott ... " Laughing Embarassed
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Saint John wrote:I laughed so fucking hard when I saw the title because I thought it said "Ian threatens to boycott ... " Laughing Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 pm

Not far off to be honest - I have a total dislike of the Olympics - genetic make ups of different races always makes it an unfair playing Field!
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down