What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good OLD Phyl...

+12
natalie
Kate
Moon Beam
Deb
Styxman
Saint John
GI_Jim
cat
yulog
Andrew
Behshad
Ed
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Good OLD Phyl... - Page 6 Empty Re: Good OLD Phyl...

Post by natalie Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:33 pm

natalie wrote:
Saint John wrote:Phyllis seems open to possibly posting ... but only if she isn't attacked. Any thoughts on that?
I can't make any promises. Besides, she can't expect to ask us to promise to not attack her then come in her and spew her usual vile shit around then pull the "you attacked ME" card.....so yeah, no promises.

Did I call it or WHAT???????

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Good OLD Phyl... - Page 6 Empty Re: Good OLD Phyl...

Post by Ed Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 pm

blueskies wrote:
Andrew wrote:I don't have time to post. I'm busy not figuring out how to not run a business....I'm looking at holding MRF3 in Blueskies, Bumfuck...
Line-up of 37 bands that collectively haven't sold as much as Eclipse has.
And I'm going to do an art show on the side, as that seems like a great business move.
Details asap.

Well, I'm not going to bother with any of the rest of the nonsense thats been posted since the last time I was here as people look at typed words and interject their own meanings and emotions into it through their own presumptive, perspective prisms and it all is nothing but nonsense. I do want to point out to you, though, that art can be and has been quite lucrative for some.
This guy in particular recently....
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/facebooks-graffiti-artist-david-choes-life-unchanged-200/story?id=15543816

But, of course you were just trying to insult me with your comments and no, I am not famous at all and am not really known at all and am not a great talent at all...heck, some may not think I have any talent at all for that matter. I haven't done a lot of art for money. The bit of murals and things I have been paid for, andI was paid fairly well. I only did a few things here and there over the years, though and most of what I did, I did for free, not for profit. You are correct that the majority of artists aren't making a lot of money, be they visual artists or musicians....but most keep doing what they do anyway. IF I was doing artwork as just a means to make money it would be unwise from that standpoint...but I don't do it for that reason....I do it because I love to do it and its something I started doing at around 3 yrs old so it's just something thats in me that I'm compelled to do regardless if I make money from it or not. I have no delusions of ever getting rich and famous...I'm not that good ( but then again, I'm not that bad. Can anyone here do better? )

I just uploaded a few examples of paintings and a drawing I did last year so you can see that they will probably never make me much money at all ...and in fact these few I'm showing haven't made me any because I haven't offered them for sale.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfimages/sets/72157629257677719/show/

So, I'm just disagreeing that artwork is not worth doing as a means to make money...it has been for some. You are correct that it would not be wise of me personally to think I will make a great deal from my own artwork, though.....I don't think that way and never have. It's been said before, but I do it for love. Regardless if I make any money from it or not...regardless if I even ever show anyone any of it again or not...I'll still do it because I love to. After all thats been said...I have thought that maybe you just put on the show because of your love for music and might not have expected to make a great deal from it. If so, I can understand and commend you for doing it for the love of it foremost.

If you want to have fun here, what did I tell you? Keep it to 140 characters or so. Seriously. afro We don't want to fucking read all that!
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6