What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!!

+5
Behshad
Moon Beam
Ed
Saint John
GI_Jim
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!!

Post by Deb Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Saint John wrote:
Deb wrote:Instead of reigning it in a 'tad' sometimes, you would rather not post at all?

Correct.

Wuss Laughing

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 Dc12b0d8c4c8d3ce295ac5d284ac118912
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!!

Post by Saint John Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Deb, the bottom line is that I'm not going to compromise the integrity of my posts for outward approval, and I really don't care how I'm viewed for no longer posting. Virtually nothing could worry me less.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Saint John wrote:Deb, the bottom line is that I'm not going to compromise the integrity of my posts for outward approval, and I really don't care how I'm viewed for no longer posting. Virtually nothing could worry me less.

Wow, you used to be able to take a joke too? Didn't mean for you to get defensive, the little pic was a joke/razz, hell......you've called me worse things than wuss. Laughing

Just for clarification, what exactly do you mean with your first sentence? Compromise the integrity of your posts for outward approval? scratch
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 am

Saint John wrote:Deb, the bottom line is that I'm not going to compromise the integrity of my posts for outward approval, and I really don't care how I'm viewed for no longer posting. Virtually nothing could worry me less.

You're just as big of a pussy as Ed. Laughing

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am

Deb wrote:Just for clarification, what exactly do you mean with your first sentence? Compromise the integrity of your posts for outward approval? scratch

Easy, he doesn't like being told no. Dan does not like anyone to question his posts, even when they are rude and obnoxious. Hence him pulling out and retiring to sulky sulky land. Whatever.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:29 am

Deb wrote:
Wow, you used to be able to take a joke too?

And I still can. But this is bordering on harassment. Being called "a big ol pussy," "lame," a "wuss" and a "candyass" gets tiring. You seem to be goading me into some sort of shit-fest that I want no part of.

Deb wrote:Didn't mean for you to get defensive

I answered your question the best I could. But it didn't seem to elicit the response you were seeking, so you're playing this "defensive" card. I wasn't nasty, didn't call you any names and stayed on topic. I'm not sure how that's "getting defensive."

Deb wrote:the little pic was a joke/razz

And as a stand alone, one-time post, it would have been viewed as such. However, at the end of a systematic posting run that included some sort of barb in each post, it's going to be viewed differently.

Deb wrote:you've called me worse things than wuss.

Is that what these posts are about? Some deep-seated simmering resentment from a conversation I probably don't even remember? If so, please be specific, so I can either laugh or apologize. Regardless, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a string of consecutive posts that each found a clever new word to repeat the same old tired message. You've made your point, and I responded. There will be further clarification below.

Deb wrote:Just for clarification, what exactly do you mean with your first sentence? Compromise the integrity of your posts for outward approval?

It seems rather arduous to have to ponder the following before posting, "Is this post going to piss off Andrew if I hit 'submit?' Is Andrew going to have a ton of PM's complaining about me if I post this? Should I reword what I'm about to post, instead?" So, rather than doing that, I've decided that it's far less of a headache for both me and Andrew to simply not post. Why does that decision need to be hashed and rehashed ad nauseam?
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:47 am

Andrew wrote:Easy, he doesn't like being told no.

That's not it at all. I'm either going to post as the genuine article, completely unfiltered and freely creative, or I'm not going to post at all.

Andrew wrote:Dan does not like anyone to question his posts, even when they are rude and obnoxious.

Quite the opposite, actually! Sometimes for better and sometimes for worse, the intent of my posts was almost exclusively to create conversation and engage in dialog. That's the whole point of a message board.

Andrew wrote: Hence him pulling out and retiring to sulky sulky land.

Laughing You seem to be far more worried about my posting absence than me.

Andrew wrote:Whatever.

Sounds like someone's sulking, and it isn't me.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 am

Saint John wrote:
Deb wrote:
Wow, you used to be able to take a joke too?

And I still can. But this is bordering on harassment. Being called "a big ol pussy," "lame," a "wuss" and a "candyass" gets tiring. You seem to be goading me into some sort of shit-fest that I want no part of.

Deb wrote:the little pic was a joke/razz

And as a stand alone, one-time post, it would have been viewed as such. However, at the end of a systematic posting run that included some sort of barb in each post, it's going to be viewed differently.

Deb wrote:you've called me worse things than wuss.

Is that what these posts are about? Some deep-seated simmering resentment from a conversation I probably don't even remember? If so, please be specific, so I can either laugh or apologize. Regardless, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a string of consecutive posts that each found a clever new word to repeat the same old tired message. You've made your point, and I responded. There will be further clarification below.

Deb wrote:Just for clarification, what exactly do you mean with your first sentence? Compromise the integrity of your posts for outward approval?

It seems rather arduous to have to ponder the following before posting, "Is this post going to piss off Andrew if I hit 'submit?' Is Andrew going to have a ton of PM's complaining about me if I post this? Should I reword what I'm about to post, instead?" So, rather than doing that, I've decided that it's far less of a headache for both me and Andrew to simply not post. Why does that decision need to be hashed and rehashed ad nauseam?

Harassment? Wow, sorry dude, was just trying to chime in on a thread Jimbo started. Was all just meant in fun just like the originator of the thread. Neutral Why only offended by my 'lame', 'wuss' etc. comments and not Jimbo's 'knob gobbling fuck face'? Laughing And as far as I know there is no 'deep-seeded simmering resentment' from any conversation I can recall? Not sure what that's about?

I didn't realize I hit such a nerve, was just trying to razz ya, as IMO you added something to the forum, you had some interesting opinions on things whether I agreed with them or not, and for the most part were good at debating issues (except the few times when you felt the need to get rude/personal to get your point across). I'm not talking about me, we've butted heads many a time, but hell I can take it. But maybe some others can't. Who knows. But I get it, reading you loud and clear......no worries, I won't razz or joke with ya anymore. Evil or Very Mad

Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Deb wrote:Harassment? Wow, sorry dude, was just trying to chime in on a thread Jimbo started. Was all just meant in fun just like the originator of the thread.

And it was fun ... until you kept posting the same thing over and over, just worded differently.

Deb wrote:Why only offended by my 'lame', 'wuss' etc. comments and not Jimbo's 'knob gobbling fuck face'?

Because he didn't feel the need to repeat the same thing over and over. How many times do you think I should have to explain myself before it gets old?

Deb wrote:And as far as I know there is no 'deep-seeded simmering resentment' from any conversation I can recall? Not sure what that's about?

It's about nothing, really. I was merely asking if there's some pre-existing argument we may have had that is causing you to paraphrase the same sentiment over and over, seemingly ignoring my explanation for no longer posting.

Deb wrote:I didn't realize I hit such a nerve

Again, no harm done. I'm simply tiring of explaining why I choose not to post on a message board anymore, and I thought the issue needed conclusion.

Deb wrote: IMO you added something to the forum, you had some interesting opinions on things whether I agreed with them or not, and for the most part were good at debating issues

And that feeling is mutual. It's also why I continue to read there, virtually every day. You and several others make the forum worth reading.

Deb wrote:(except the few times when you felt the need to get rude/personal to get your point across).

And those certainly aren't moments I'm proud of. With the exception of Portland and Phyllis, I really regret being rude to everyone else.

Deb wrote:But I get it, reading you loud and clear......no worries, I won't razz or joke with ya anymore.

That's certainly your call, but I suspect that you knew all along that, eventually, parroting the same message would become an issue. But I've been wrong before.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 pm

hey now, you two fuckers give eachother a big hug ,

the rest of us will join and turn it into a huge family hug,, not you Phyl!
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Behshad wrote:hey now, you two fuckers give eachother a big hug ,

I've hugged Deb in the past and I will in the future. My level of respect for her hasn't changed one bit.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 pm

That's it... I'm starting a "Dan, get your ASS back over to MR II" thread until we can get to the bottom of this. Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 pm

GI_Jim wrote:That's it... I'm starting a "Dan, get your ASS back over to MR II" thread until we can get to the bottom of this. Very Happy
Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 545945 Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 879320
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:26 pm

GI_Jim wrote:That's it... I'm starting a "Dan, get your ASS back over to MR II" thread until we can get to the bottom of this. Very Happy

Well, just go back to MR and the problem will be solved. Laughing cheers
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Saint John wrote:
Behshad wrote:hey now, you two fuckers give eachother a big hug ,

I've hugged Deb in the past and I will in the future. My level of respect for her hasn't changed one bit.

Nor mine. But I do find it kind of ironic/funny that I now have to ponder the same questions as you. Laughing

Saint John wrote:

"Have I razzed him one too many times?" "Is this harrasment?" "Should I reword that?" "Will he get it?" LOL you are right, kind of a headache, kinda takes the fun out of it. But saying that, then again shouldn't we all be doing that to a certain degree?

I'm so f*cking confused. Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 728731 Laughing
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Deb, we're on the same page. The difference is that you can ignore me, tell me to fuck off or keep razzing me, and there's not a thing I can, or would, do about it (other than responding). I don't have that luxury with Andrew, and that's why I chose to quit posting. I'm not gonna debate the guy about how he should run his site. I still enjoy the site tremendously, I'll still be at any future event he holds and I'll still support the site when I can. I just don't see any reason to delve into my not posting there any further than we already have. And at no time was I mad at you in this thread. More like a "Shit, this again???" attitude. Wink
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Saint John wrote:Deb, we're on the same page. The difference is that you can ignore me, tell me to fuck off or keep razzing me, and there's not a thing I can, or would, do about it (other than responding). I don't have that luxury with Andrew, and that's why I chose to quit posting. I'm not gonna debate the guy about how he should run his site. I still enjoy the site tremendously, I'll still be at any future event he holds and I'll still support the site when I can. I just don't see any reason to delve into my not posting there any further than we already have. And at no time was I mad at you in this thread. More like a "Shit, this again???" attitude. Wink

Fine. I think it's a shame, but fine. Glad you still enjoy the site and maybe you'll change your mind, but I'll back off. But I am going to say I disagree with you, from what you said here it's like you want the luxury of free reign to post whatever the hell you want with no boundaries. It's a public site, and to a degree, Andrew can't do that. As for here you're right, it's a private site and the boundaries aren't and nor should they be the same. LOL, just my opinion, and being this isn't a public site, you do have the luxury of telling me to fuck off. Laughing Wink
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Behshad wrote:
Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 545945 Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 879320

Lol!! Basketball study Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 465256 Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 751478
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Saint John wrote:Deb, we're on the same page. The difference is that you can ignore me, tell me to fuck off or keep razzing me, and there's not a thing I can, or would, do about it (other than responding). I don't have that luxury with Andrew, and that's why I chose to quit posting. I'm not gonna debate the guy about how he should run his site. I still enjoy the site tremendously, I'll still be at any future event he holds and I'll still support the site when I can. I just don't see any reason to delve into my not posting there any further than we already have. And at no time was I mad at you in this thread. More like a "Shit, this again???" attitude. Wink

You been hanging out with Andrew? I swear he just copies and pastes that phrase every time he sees my name pop up in a thread. Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Saint John wrote:

Well, just go back to MR and the problem will be solved. Laughing cheers

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 578243 Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:20 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Behshad wrote:

Lol!! Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 465256

Bahaha, which one's you and which one is BB? Laughing Laughing
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Deb wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:
Behshad wrote:

Lol!! Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 2 465256

Bahaha, which one's you and which one is BB? Laughing Laughing

BB is DEFINITELY on the receiving end (just how he likes it!). Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Saint John wrote:That's not it at all. I'm either going to post as the genuine article, completely unfiltered and freely creative, or I'm not going to post at all.

Precisely. You don't like being told no.

Saint John wrote: Sounds like someone's sulking, and it isn't me.

Nah mate....couldn't care less.

BUT....I will say that I have lost a HUGE amount of respect for you. HUGE. To be so up tight and pissy over this as to not even comment on ANY Dean thread, nor your own "Prayers For..." thread shows a deep level of contempt for those others that befriended you.

I cannot believe you made no post for Dean at his "home base". Appauling lack of apathy or just plain arrogance. Not sure which. Maybe both.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm out.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Andrew wrote:BUT....I will say that I have lost a HUGE amount of respect for you. HUGE.

That's about as important to me as whether lice have anal sex or not.

Andrew wrote:To be so up tight and pissy over this as to not even comment on ANY Dean thread

I'm neither uptight nor pissy. But, boy, you sure seem to be.

Andrew wrote:nor your own "Prayers For..." thread shows a deep level of contempt for those others that befriended you.

You know not of what you speak, but that's nothing new. I personally thanked everyone that I thought warranted thanks. Namely, Melissa, Gayle, Lynn, A4P, Crazy Deb, Behshad, DrFU, RVR, Pam, Ed, Rip, GI Jim, Matt and a few others. I'm sorry if I didn't do it on your site, but I felt no need for public consumption of my private gratitude. And I do still have a few people to thank.

Andrew wrote:I cannot believe you made no post for Dean at his "home base". Appauling lack of apathy or just plain arrogance. Not sure which. Maybe both.

I sent my sincerest, and deeply thought out, condolences to Lula. More than that, though, I was Dean's friend while he was still with us. Through thick and thin, I stood by that dude. I made a point of seeing him every time I was in California. I got him a ticket for the Planet Hollywood Journey show, Arnel's first. I stepped in front of JT when he was rude to Dean in front of Lula. Emails, phone calls, PM's, texts and face-to-face meetings where we talked about life, health, his problems, my problems, shared problems and everything from baseball to music to travel. So pardon the fuck out of me if I decided not to post in the wake of his death, but I did everything I could for the dude in life. And you and your pompous, self-important attitude can't do a fucking thing to change that.

Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:35 am

How are you feeling, Dan?

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum