What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!!

+5
Behshad
Moon Beam
Ed
Saint John
GI_Jim
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!!

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:40 am

Andrew wrote:
Saint John wrote:That's not it at all. I'm either going to post as the genuine article, completely unfiltered and freely creative, or I'm not going to post at all.

Precisely. You don't like being told no.

Saint John wrote: Sounds like someone's sulking, and it isn't me.

Nah mate....couldn't care less.

BUT....I will say that I have lost a HUGE amount of respect for you. HUGE. To be so up tight and pissy over this as to not even comment on ANY Dean thread, nor your own "Prayers For..." thread shows a deep level of contempt for those others that befriended you.

I cannot believe you made no post for Dean at his "home base". Appauling lack of apathy or just plain arrogance. Not sure which. Maybe both.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm out.

I can vouch for Dan in that he regularly texted me updates about both his health and gratitude for my concern for him. He also told me personally (and no doubt told those to whom it mattered even more than me) how sad Dean's passing made him.

I don't see the need for him to discuss his health, thank faceless well-wishers whom he has not met in person or otherwise does not care to associate with even after having met them "in real life," or join some online eulogy featuring several people commiserating about Deano when they themselves once (or more often) came just short of wishing him everything but dead or otherwise expressed extreme feelings of hatred towards him. Or, at the bare minimum, they had never met or even PM'd with him online to any extent. Frankly, the whole thing was and is very creepy, especially when it came to certain people who had nothing but deep-seated disdain for Dean as recently as his last return to the forum. I too chose not to post in those threads even though Deano and I regularly exchanged PMs and I felt like I knew the guy as well as I could have short of having met him in person. It's not my place and that type of shit is generally beyond the scope of what I use Internet forums for.

As much as I love using the Internet (and internet forums) as a means of exchanging opinions, communication, and even laughs and meeting new "real life" friends, it doesn't mean I want my entire life or entire spectrum of social interactions aired online or centered around an online medium. It's why I would not be splashing status updates (or forum posts) on Facebook about purchasing a home, having a kid, it being the 10th anniversary since a loved one died, getting or losing a job, or whatever other personal information people choose to share with tons of people sight unseen these days. I'd simply tell my real friends and preserve a modicum of privacy and a line between virtual and real life. Even as a child of the Internet age, I still feel those types of lines are important and socially healthy.

So all in all, the fact that you are a site owner notwithstanding, it's completely bizarre to me that you would base your level of respect for someone based on whether he chooses to draw lines and make choices about which information he wishes to share on an online forum with several faceless, anonymous people and when he does so share, which medium he uses (or does not use). How does it make Dan a better person by posting in the public Deano thread when he privately reached out to those closest to Deano? Conversely, how does it make him a worse person by not so posting?

And while we're on the subject of creepy and losing respect, your apparent irrepressible compulsion to passively and aggressively "discipline" Dan in his own "sick thread" long after he made his last post on the forum, even when he was in the hospital and in serious physical jeopardy was just that: creepy. And it was also disgusting. First, you posted:

Andrew wrote:
Dan has stated publicly that he won't return to this forum again after I called him out over some poor posts a few months back. Glad he's doing ok though.

You just *had* to slip that whole first part in there, didn't you? Would it have been too much to just write the second sentence (or better yet, given your obvious enmity towards Dan, nothing at all?)

And then, just before locking the thread, there was this:

Andrew wrote:
Look, Dan doesn't want to return here, so this thread is being closed. He wants to be able to tell anyone he likes to fuck off without consequence and that just isn't going to happen.

But I will say that his lack of desire to post in this thread at least once as a thank you to all, or not bothering to bring himself to post in ANY Dean thread says a lot to me. Stunning really.

I realize that the thread had taken a turn off of Dan's health and onto the subject of his returning. But again, you just couldn't leave well enough alone and just say something along the lines of "I've kept this thread open for a week for well-wishers and am now closing it because Dan has no desire to return." You had to get all the other stuff in after the word "closed," too, didn't you?

Again, as Dan said, he personally thanked people who wished him well. For those anonymous user names on the forum, he chooses not to take the time to post where he no longer desires to post while he recovers, updates close relatives and friends, and returns to work. Not sure why he should feel compelled to do otherwise.

Contrary to your sweeping declarations about Dan's character here and in the MR thread, the fact that Dan has even expressed in this thread his desire to support any future events you put on or even communicate with you on a basic human level after all of this actually speaks volumes to me about his being a good person.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!!

Post by Andrew Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 am

I'm always open to accepting criticism. What I've done us edited my post if today to simply stating Dan has left the board and the thread is closed.

I've said my bit...my view hasn't really changed, but I have no desird for bitterness or lingering issues.

Some of the above is a little off topic I think as the fact remains that Dan has stated he won't use my board as it is possible I will delete an out of line post.
And I'm fine with that. As long as everyone is happy with whatever stance they have taken, all good.

Peace and love mother earth enhabitants. Goodnight.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:09 am

Time for a feel good moment.........come on sing it with me now. Peace, love, hugs and all that. Laughing

Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:53 am

That's a great song, Deb. Hey, how the hell do you guys post the entire youtube video? scratch
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Saint John wrote:That's a great song, Deb. Hey, how the hell do you guys post the entire youtube video? scratch

You have to be special and go through a battery of tests before BB will grant ya access to that function. Laughing Wink

When you are making a post, up top are a bunch of buttons, click on the little film strip looking one and copy/paste your youtube link into the box that comes up. Ok it's now added to your post.
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Deb wrote:
Saint John wrote:That's a great song, Deb. Hey, how the hell do you guys post the entire youtube video? scratch

You have to be special and go through a battery of tests before BB will grant ya access to that function. Laughing Wink

When you are making a post, up top are a bunch of buttons, click on the little film strip looking one and copy/paste your youtube link into the box that comes up. Ok it's now added to your post.

I hope this works! In light of all of the name-calling going around, I present Laughing :

Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 pm

It worked! Thanks, Deb.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Saint John wrote:It worked! Thanks, Deb.

Laughing Since BB's not around to hand this out..........

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 3 Attaboy
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Andrew wrote:

Peace and love mother earth .

Why do you need to bring Phyl into all this ? affraid Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 3 728731
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Behshad wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Why do you need to bring Phyl into all this ? affraid Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 3 728731

Phyllis has asked that we refrain from using her name in any derogatory way, since she can't respond. I have agreed to that, and I'm just passing that on to the rest of you. I don't believe the above to be anything but a light-hearted joke, but I thought I'd take this time to pass along her wishes.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Her ban was lifted 2 weeks ago Wink
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Saint John wrote:
Behshad wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Phyllis has asked that we refrain from using her name in any derogatory way, since she can't respond. I have agreed to that, and I'm just passing that on to the rest of you. I don't believe the above to be anything but a light-hearted joke, but I thought I'd take this time to pass along her wishes.

I won't mention her name.

Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 3 CmofMedusa04th1-300x300
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I was hoping Deans unfortunate & early demise would bring us all closer to eachother Sad
Andrew & Dan , you two are both great guys. Stop being mean to eachother. Thank you
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:14 pm

Behshad wrote:Her ban was lifted 2 weeks ago Wink

Behshad wrote:Dan, get your ASS over to MR!!! - Page 3 Phyl-1

It's 2038 already????? Wow, it's amazing how fast 26 years just flies by these days!!!!!!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Behshad wrote:I was hoping Deans unfortunate & early demise would bring us all closer to eachother Sad
Andrew & Dan , you two are both great guys. Stop being mean to eachother. Thank you

I haven't been mean to Andrew. I've responded to character assassination.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:56 am

Ed wrote:Karma is about as real as voodoo. If there were such thing lightning would have struck me decades ago.

That's just asking to be hit far as I can see. Laughing

Last edited by Moon Beam on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:14 am

Oh damn me to repetitious hell for not reading the previous pages!
Dan, get your damned derriere over here this instant so I can share
shameful stories with you Sir.
I know most of you no more than I do other folks I read posts from.
That being said I feel fuzz for you all, be it by way of a personal
connection, music, tragedy, triumphs or otherwise.
I feel pain in my blood pumper when I read things like I did tonight.
Had an awful day, I'm going to bed praying for all of you and thinking of
smiles and belly shakes we've shared.
I don't want to use my fry pan, be nice, please

Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Moon Beam wrote:
Had an awful day

What happened, Moonstruck?
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 am

Nice of you to ask Dan, thank you.
Just had an awful day hashing out old arguments with Hubby Bub.
The weekend got better though and I'm doing ok today.
Hope you are feeling well Saint John, you cleared of clots yet?
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 am

Moon Beam wrote:Nice of you to ask Dan, thank you.
Just had an awful day hashing out old arguments with Hubby Bub.
The weekend got better though and I'm doing ok today.
Hope you are feeling well Saint John, you cleared of clots yet?

Arguing isn't healthy, Moonraker. Civil dialog with compromise is, though. I hope you guys found some common ground and moved forward.

I'm doing pretty well. Just letting my body's "cleanup crew" (my doctor's term) do its thing. I'll be on Coumadin for another 5 months and will be totally rescanned for any evidence of further clotting. Once I'm done with the medicine I'll be monitored even closer to see if this is going to be a recurring problem. I'm hoping that the knee surgery will alleviate the clotting problem. I'll find out Wednesday what exactly is wrong with my knee.

Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Saint John wrote: I'll be on Coumadin for another 5 months and will be totally rescanned for any evidence of further clotting.
I hope you don't have a needle phobia!!!

I'm so sorry that it sucks so bad to be you right now....hopefully it will start sucking less very soon!!!!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:17 pm

natalie wrote:
I hope you don't have a needle phobia!!!

If I did I'd be dead already! Laughing Shocked I had blood drawn every 6 hours for 6 days, while in the hospital and I have to go twice a week until they get my Coumadin levels stable.

natalie wrote:I'm so sorry that it sucks so bad to be you right now....hopefully it will start sucking less very soon!!!!

Natalie, thanks for the kind words, but I'm doing great. I was about 2 or 3 inches from probable death (or at least a heart attack), as there was a clot in a major artery, dangerously close to my heart, and it's changed the way I view some things. Besides, my long term prognosis is good and it's really up to me to see that through. You really can't ask for too much more than that. Though a few hot hookers and about 5 million dollars would be great! cheers
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:36 pm

In that case, be good.

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:29 am

Saint John wrote:Arguing isn't healthy, Moonraker. Civil dialog with compromise is, though. I hope you guys found some common ground and moved forward.

I'm doing pretty well. Just letting my body's "cleanup crew" (my doctor's term) do its thing. I'll be on Coumadin for another 5 months and will be totally rescanned for any evidence of further clotting. Once I'm done with the medicine I'll be monitored even closer to see if this is going to be a recurring problem. I'm hoping that the knee surgery will alleviate the clotting problem. I'll find out Wednesday what exactly is wrong with my knee.

Civil dialog? Laughing
Not on the days when all you do is annoy each other.
No worries though, after 20 years of marriage those days don't happen often.

Thanks for letting us know where your well health stands Sir.
I'll keep you in my prayers Dan.
Hubby Bub was on Coumadin for a couple years and did well with it.
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum