What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ...

5 posters

Go down

Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ... Empty Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ...

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 am

when people put up these silly roadside murals for dead relatives or friends. You know, I'm terribly sorry that your wife, 5 kids, mother and dog died on the side of the highway because a truck driver hauling 50,000 pounds of cattle ran out of meth, fell fell asleep and turned their minivan into Chunky Soup. But that gives you no fucking right to litter the highway with bullshit crosses, candles, balloons and teddy bears. Is it just me, or does anyone else wanna puke when they see this sort of creepy shit on the side of the road?
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ... Empty Re: Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ...

Post by Ed Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Someone put a memorial like this near my house and it turned out the kid who hit the lamp post at excessive speed was drunk at the time. I took 6 empty Coors Light cans and placed them among the display.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ... Empty Re: Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ...

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Ed wrote:Someone put a memorial like this near my house and it turned out the kid who hit the lamp post at excessive speed was drunk at the time. I took 6 empty Coors Light cans and placed them among the display.

Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil Great work, Ed. Seriously, fuck these people and their morbid selfishness. This shit should be outlawed.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Ed wrote:Someone put a memorial like this near my house and it turned out the kid who hit the lamp post at excessive speed was drunk at the time. I took 6 empty Coors Light cans and placed them among the display.

LOL. The only thing wrong with this is you were apparently drinking Coors Light. I'd rather drink my own piss.

These roadside displays are fucking creepy as hell. Fully agreed. I've also found it very strange when people make personal tragedies incredibly public like this. It seems creepy and seems like nothing more than an attention grab. On a related note, I think it's creepy when a young child tragically dies from some kind of illness and the parents start a foundation named after the sadly deceased child and make him/her the focal point of attention. I think contributing to curing terminal diseases is an incredibly noble cause, but I think it's weird to display your personal tragedy so prominently and let it dominate the underlying cause.

There's a family like that around here, and it's really off-putting. In the first place, I couldn't begin to tell you what disease/cause they actually are supporting because the focus is always on THEM and their tragedy. In the second place, they still have 4 other kids and these people remain creepily obsessed with the tragedy. I'm not a parent yet and I hope I never can relate to losing a child, but it sure seems to me like these other 4 young kids must feel marginalized and shitty when their parents spend every waking hour obsessing over a child who tragically passed on 5 years ago. It's not even like she was kidnapped and never seen again and they are still seeking closure. At some point, it seems like it's time to move on in the public eye and let your remaining kids know how much they mean to you. You can still contribute to curing the disease without rubbing it in people's faces (not the least your own kids) every waking hour.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
There's a family like that around here, and it's really off-putting. In the first place, I couldn't begin to tell you what disease/cause they actually are supporting because the focus is always on THEM and their tragedy. In the second place, they still have 4 other kids and these people remain creepily obsessed with the tragedy. I'm not a parent yet and I hope I never can relate to losing a child, but it sure seems to me like these other 4 young kids must feel marginalized and shitty when their parents spend every waking hour obsessing over a child who tragically passed on 5 years ago. It's not even like she was kidnapped and never seen again and they are still seeking closure. At some point, it seems like it's time to move on in the public eye and let your remaining kids know how much they mean to you. You can still contribute to curing the disease without rubbing it in people's faces (not the least your own kids) every waking hour.

This public perpetuation of death, especially in light of having other children, tells me that these people can't accept letting go of the attention, not that they can't accept the loss of their child. While I'm certain that the latter exists in *some* capacity, I highly doubt that the former isn't the greater motivator of the two, be it consciously or subconsciously.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:02 pm

I totally disagree with you guys on this. first of all... Dan, are you telling people how they can grieve? Twisted Evil

I don't personally think they do it for attention. I think that's their way of grieving as it's the last place that the person was alive. I don't think there's anything wrong with small memorials.

I also think those memorials help people think about life, and realize "damn... maybe I should slow down in this intersection". It's a good reminder to young drivers too, and maybe seeing them will make them be a little more aware of their own driving. I know I think about it every time I see one.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:08 pm

GI_Jim wrote:I totally disagree with you guys on this. first of all... Dan, are you telling people how they can grieve? Twisted Evil
I don't personally think they do it for attention. I think that's their way of grieving as it's the last place that the person was alive. I don't think there's anything wrong with small memorials.

I also think those memorials help people think about life, and realize "damn... maybe I should slow down in this intersection". It's a good reminder to young drivers too, and maybe seeing them will make them be a little more aware of their own driving. I know I think about it every time I see one.

ZING! Laughing

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:18 pm

GI_Jim wrote: first of all... Dan, are you telling people how they can grieve?

No, but they need to do so without littering. Putting shit up on the side of the road is dangerous, against the law and fucking stupid.

GI_Jim wrote:I think that's their way of grieving as it's the last place that the person was alive.
Bullshit. My grandmother died on the 3rd floor of a hospital she used to work at, along with hundreds of others over the years, and I've never seen anyone dumb or creepy enough to go back and reminisce there.

GI_Jim wrote: I don't think there's anything wrong with small memorials.
If it's not on your property, it doesn't belong there. Case closed.

GI_Jim wrote:I also think those memorials help people think about life, and realize "damn... maybe I should slow down in this intersection". It's a good reminder to young drivers too, and maybe seeing them will make them be a little more aware of their own driving. I know I think about it every time I see one.

Nobody does anything but take a quick glance to see if they recognize a name (if it's displayed) and then they pass without a second thought. If someone can put up a memorial plaque and litter up the side of the road, then I should be allowed to post a sign right next to it that says "I'm elated that your wife and kids are dead. Please put a fucking gun in your mouth and join them, asshole."
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Saint John wrote:

No, but they need to do so without littering. Putting shit up on the side of the road is dangerous, against the law and fucking stupid.

GI_Jim wrote:I think that's their way of grieving as it's the last place that the person was alive.
Bullshit. My grandmother died on the 3rd floor of a hospital she used to work at, along with hundreds of others over the years, and I've never seen anyone dumb or creepy enough to go back and reminisce there.

GI_Jim wrote:I also think those memorials help people think about life, and realize "damn... maybe I should slow down in this intersection". It's a good reminder to young drivers too, and maybe seeing them will make them be a little more aware of their own driving. I know I think about it every time I see one.

Nobody does anything but take a quick glance to see if they recognize a name (if it's displayed) and then they pass without a second thought. If someone can put up a memorial plaque and litter up the side of the road, then I should be allowed to post a sign right next to it that says "I'm elated that your wife and kids are dead. Please put a fucking gun in your mouth and join them, asshole."

Destroyed.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
Saint John wrote:

Destroyed.

Epic fail... Epic. Laughing Man, I Think It's Total Bullshit ... 751478
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down