What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Current NFL Refs

2 posters

Go down

The Current NFL Refs Empty The Current NFL Refs

Post by Saint John Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 am

2 things:

First, these unionized scumbags that are sitting out should all be terminated immediately. The average salary for an NFL ref is $148,000 and that's for 17 Sundays of work. Now I realize that a part-time job that pays so little ( Rolling Eyes ) must be incredibly difficult to justify, so I say relieve them of this awful burden and send them on a permanent vacation.

Second, the refs got the TD call in the Packers/Seahawks game correct. I watched that replay 10-15 times and there was ... simultaneous possession. Hell, Mike Tirico said the word "simultaneous" in real time. They went up together and touched it at virtually the same time and each came down with 2 hands on the ball. And that's a touchdown, folks. The NFL rule doesn't discriminate who has "more" of the ball or who has it "against their body." If they both have at least some control of the ball, it goes to the offense. But that doesn't negate the blown Offensive Pass Interference call. However, that happens on every Hail Mary pass. Just usually not that blatant. Laughing
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

The Current NFL Refs Empty Re: The Current NFL Refs

Post by Ed Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:25 pm

I see nothing wrong with replacement referees.

The Current NFL Refs Replacement-referees-210
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 pm

The issue here is simple. They players should allow redistribution of their salaries to the referees. After all the players don't make those great plays. Somebody else did. They had help.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:18 am

lol @ Ed.

The problem here is that the world needs to know what's truly going here. The refs walked out on the NFL because they felt their 150k for 17 Sundays was not enough. What did the NFL do? They decided to make the salaries 200k per year, an incredible 33% increase, AND a 20k contribution annually to their retirement funds. These are STAGGERING raises, especially considering these are PART-TIME jobs!!!

But holding the NFL hostage wasn't enough. These union scumbags decided that they'd use their typical bullying tactics and warned the only other qualified college refs, those that are considered Bowl Championship Series officials, that if they decided to take the NFL jobs, it "would jeopardize their futures." What we're left with, completely because of the greed of these incredibly compensated part-time refs (I don't see how anyone could argue that 220k in total compensation isn't incredible compensation for weekend work) is high school refs, NAIA refs and refs from the lingerie league.

I would fire these idiots immediately. Making any further concessions would be a disaster and set the precedent for this to happen all the time. Fire them, start training grateful non-union employees, make the job full-time, give them 250k or so, and have refs that are focused year-round on just one job. It's time to fire these part-time greedy fuckers and let them realize what they pissed away. These dentists, lawyers, judges and other occupations that typify an NFL ref can go and try to find other part-time work that pays so well. Good luck with that, assholes. Anyone that cheers the return of the regular NFL refs, if they return, should be sedated, locked away in an air tight coffin, and buried in a landfill.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down