What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TO HELL WITH CURRENT JRNY ROLIE IS DA MAN

+3
lula
Moon Beam
lights1961
7 posters

Go down

TO HELL WITH CURRENT JRNY ROLIE IS DA MAN Empty TO HELL WITH CURRENT JRNY ROLIE IS DA MAN

Post by lights1961 Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:13 am

Gregg Rolie Set List (90 Minutes Plus Set) thanks Rhi...

Evil Ways
Jingo
No One to Depend On
As the Years Go By
Bailamos **new song**
Waiting
Across the Water
Give it to Me
Black Magic Woman
Gypsy Queen
Oye Como Va
Soul Sacrifice

(encore)
Toussaint
Everybody's Everything

This is from Rhi thread at MR he played the same set list in Des Moines last night...
THE SHOW WAS PHENOMINAL and just was amazing on EVERY LEVEL. ROLIE plays the keboard like Neal plays the guitar. WOW. I dont know what it was, the intimate setting played perfect at a free stage show at the Iowa State fair, maybe 800 people or so around we were all just listening to this amazing latin sound. Crowd was appreciative and supprtive all night. gave standing ovations on a few occasions. Talked to the crowd on a number of occassions about 40 years ago when these songs came out. almost got a drumbstick got to shake Greggs hand VERY COOL and took lots of pics. SO MY STORY IS NOW TO HELL WITH CURRENT JOURNEY, GREGG ROLIE IS DA MAN.. His new songs were GREAT TOO!!

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

TO HELL WITH CURRENT JRNY ROLIE IS DA MAN Empty Re: TO HELL WITH CURRENT JRNY ROLIE IS DA MAN

Post by Moon Beam Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:20 pm

So glad you had a good time Sir, thanks for telling us about it.
Now about them pictures you mentioned......ahhh-hmmmm Smile
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

TO HELL WITH CURRENT JRNY ROLIE IS DA MAN Empty Re: TO HELL WITH CURRENT JRNY ROLIE IS DA MAN

Post by lula Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:24 pm

absolutely love gregg rolie and his band. i've never been disappointed by their performance. first time i saw them gregg was still doing a few jrny tunes.... they did "anytime" and i was in heaven. got a pic with him that night but it is on another computer so i can't share Sad.
lula
lula
First Lady of Love

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:11 am

lula wrote:absolutely love gregg rolie and his band. i've never been disappointed by their performance. first time i saw them gregg was still doing a few jrny tunes.... they did "anytime" and i was in heaven. got a pic with him that night but it is on another computer so i can't share Sad.

I'd LOVE to see Cain shit-canned for Rolie...that would bring a lot of goodwill to the fans who aren't buying the Thriller From Manila farce.
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:52 am

joeydelight wrote:
lula wrote:absolutely love gregg rolie and his band. i've never been disappointed by their performance. first time i saw them gregg was still doing a few jrny tunes.... they did "anytime" and i was in heaven. got a pic with him that night but it is on another computer so i can't share Sad.

I'd LOVE to see Cain shit-canned for Rolie...that would bring a lot of goodwill to the fans who aren't buying the Thriller From Manila farce.

I would be there... they just need the evolution line up again---Smitty so much better than Dunbar.

Rick

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:15 am

lights1961 wrote:
joeydelight wrote:

I would be there... they just need the evolution line up again---Smitty so much better than Dunbar.

Rick
...and WAY better than Castronovo.... What a Face
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:17 am

joeydelight wrote:
lights1961 wrote:
joeydelight wrote:

Rick

this is crazy but CASTRONOVO is awesome in his own right. but not as good as smitty.

Rick

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by joeydelight Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:48 pm

lights1961 wrote:
joeydelight wrote:
lights1961 wrote:
joeydelight wrote:

Rick

this is crazy but CASTRONOVO is awesome in his own right. but not as good as smitty.

Rick

I agree Rick...I like Castronovo, but he's not the drummer Smitty is...true story.
joeydelight
joeydelight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:14 pm

Perry, Rolie, Smitty and whats his name, now that would be a good Journey.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:27 pm

doka wrote:Perry, Rolie, Smitty and whats his name, now that would be a good Journey.

evolution Departure best journey with infintiy right up there.

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 am

Cain writes music for homos.

Journey was way better with Rolie.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:57 pm

doka wrote:Perry, Rolie, Smitty and whats his name, now that would be a good Journey.

How about Perry Rolie Smitty with Mendoza on bass and instead of what's-his-fro we bring in Nuno Betencourt.

We DON'T call it Journey.

We throw in the Tower of Power horns

And we have a good fucking time!!!!!!

Now there's a fantasy band for me!!

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down