What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MelodicRockFest III

+4
Ed
Lynn
Saint John
Behshad
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MelodicRockFest III Empty MelodicRockFest III

Post by Behshad Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:43 am

Looks like it's gonna happen, September 27-29

Who all is going !? bounce Basketball
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MelodicRockFest III Empty Re: MelodicRockFest III

Post by Saint John Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Highly doubtful. Regardless, who's playing?
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm in no matter where or when... but Andrew has deleted those FB posts today. So maybe the date is not set in stone yet?
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Most likely going. I do need to see the NFL 2013 regular season schedule though since I'm a season ticket holder of the Super Bowl Champions. MelodicRockFest III 890355

Smile

Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Any of the acts confirmed yet?
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 am

I'm hoping to go. We'll see how the next few months pan out.
Liam
Liam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

I can't. :-(
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:59 am

I'm hoping to be there but I can't confirm as of yet.
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 am

That'd be great to see you again Gerene!! And Deb... YOU HAVE TO!!
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 am

If I go it would be to see everyone again, it doesn't matter to me what acts are lined up.
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Deb wrote:I can't. :-(

Sad please go Deb! It's been too long since the first one!

Melissa
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Not even for WET Deb????
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Lynn wrote:Not even for WET Deb????

And Eric Martin?? Come on Deb!!!

Melissa
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:05 am

Melissa wrote:
Lynn wrote:Not even for WET Deb????

And Eric Martin?? Come on Deb!!!

Oh believe me, I reeeeeeally wish I could. :-( But it's been a shitty year, both health and work wise. Layoffs happening at work, with more rounds to come. So I can't commit to anything right now. Don't know if I'll still have a job by then. Checked out costs and it would cost me over $2000. As much as I'd sooooooo love to see you all again, and of course see my boys live again........my mortgage has to come first. Also kinda sidelined by back/hip issue and you know me all I would wanna do is rock out up front I just can't stand/sit still...........can't even fathom the thought of having to sit at a booth all weekend. So bummed! But if the work situation changes before then, I haven't ruled out looking for a seat sale and grabbing a ticket at the last minute, and like I told Cindi, hell I'll just bring my own folding chair if I have to and park it stage side. LOL! Jobs are pretty lean right now, so until I make it through these rounds of layoffs I just can't. Crying or Very sad
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:53 am

I understand Deb, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you and also hope you feel much better soon! And if it works out you will be there, then we'll just have to think of a way to see if Mr. Martin will sing NBL cheers Wink Laughing

Melissa
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:13 pm

MelodicRockFest III 11398_10151512567587326_1025270442_n
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 am

Still trying to digest this lineup, and it's going to suffer from the same thing the last one did ... overload. Day 1 is awful, day 2 is solid and day 3 is mediocre. I think that, ultimately, most people will skip day 1 or 3, in order to see Chicago. If people are traveling in, from out of town, to Chicago, they at least want ONE day to see the city, and that day (or days) will be Friday and/or Sunday. It's asking a LOT for people to stay in a bar for about 30 hours, over 3 days, on their feet. Add that to an underwhelming ticket with a lot of filler, and you're looking at spotty attendance I would guess. 2 days, with Sunday off and a lot of the unknown, zero draw bands gone, and it would have been better. If you want to really see Chicago, you're essentially going to have to skip a day or stay another day. Great job on the dates, though, as the summer concert series in Chicago will have just ended, the weather should still be nice and there shouldn't be too much competition.

Aside from local band 7th Heaven, the first 3-5 bands each night will draw virtually no one. That's not to say they won't play to a crowd, but their drawing power will be minimal, if any. I just don't see the fascination with making it 3 days. I know the last one absolutely kicked my ass, even though it was a great time.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Mon May 06, 2013 11:58 am

So youre going ? cheers
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon May 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Behshad wrote:So youre going ? cheers

Day 2, because of 7th Heaven, Adriangale, Mecca and Harem Scarem, is the only day I'm remotely interested in and consider a decent bill for the $$$. Though day 3 is pretty solid with Poley, Eclipse and Augeri. Day 1 is just a complete waste of money. That said, it's a long way from Missouri and I don't think I'll be making it.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Mon May 06, 2013 3:35 pm

See you there bro ! Smile
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Mon May 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Everett said he'd share a room with you to cut the costs (for himself ) Razz
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 am

Behshad wrote:Everett said he'd share a room with you to cut the costs (for himself ) Razz

I'm pretty surprised ... at the surprise by all the folks over on MR. Listen, the guy is a self-admitted lazy slob. Knowing that, it seems to be reasonable to assume that your $$$ is going to go towards stupid shit like Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Styx concert tickets, a Wrestlmania 5 DVD and/or the 2 for $4 Monster Energy special at the local Citgo. I mean, seriously, did people think the guy was going back to college on $200? Perhaps an online course in Civil Engineering? A Tony Robbins book on motivation? No, he's gonna give mom a small fraction and he's gonna spend the rest on dumb shit. And that's okay.

Giving implies ... giving. And when you give, it's not where the money goes, but what you *hoped* the money would bring about. That's the only part that *you* can control. The guy presented a compelling enough case for some kind hearts to throw a few dollars his way. If you want to debrief the guy, a la Fact Finder, you have every right to do so, but I find that arduous and cumbersome. Throw the guy a $50, pass a few kinds words of encouragement along and hope for the best. To me, whether the person starts anew or buys a case of vodka, *I* did the right thing, and that's all I can control. I don't give a fuck what happens after I "give." To worry, regret or second guess yourself is simply not worth it. We have more important shit to worry about ... like the Jodi Arias verdict. MelodicRockFest III 47142
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Saint John wrote:
Behshad wrote:Everett said he'd share a room with you to cut the costs (for himself ) Razz

I'm pretty surprised ... at the surprise by all the folks over on MR. Listen, the guy is a self-admitted lazy slob. Knowing that, it seems to be reasonable to assume that your $$$ is going to go towards stupid shit like Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Styx concert tickets, a Wrestlmania 5 DVD and/or the 2 for $4 Monster Energy special at the local Citgo. I mean, seriously, did people think the guy was going back to college on $200? Perhaps an online course in Civil Engineering? A Tony Robbins book on motivation? No, he's gonna give mom a small fraction and he's gonna spend the rest on dumb shit. And that's okay.

Giving implies ... giving. And when you give, it's not where the money goes, but what you *hoped* the money would bring about. That's the only part that *you* can control. The guy presented a compelling enough case for some kind hearts to throw a few dollars his way. If you want to debrief the guy, a la Fact Finder, you have every right to do so, but I find that arduous and cumbersome. Throw the guy a $50, pass a few kinds words of encouragement along and hope for the best. To me, whether the person starts anew or buys a case of vodka, *I* did the right thing, and that's all I can control. I don't give a fuck what happens after I "give." To worry, regret or second guess yourself is simply not worth it. We have more important shit to worry about ... like the Jodi Arias verdict. MelodicRockFest III 47142

cheers bounce
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat May 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Saint John wrote:

I still haven't read that entire thread but yulog summed it up well enough for me to get the gist of it. Everett needs to help himself. Good luck to him.

Going on vacation in a few weeks with RVR and our families. We will discuss making an appearance at MRIII or not.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:33 pm

I've seen virtually no pictures of friends from this event.  Anyone?  BB, Lynn, anyone???  Crazy Deb sent me a few, but not nearly of everyone that went.  BB also sent me a few cool personal pictures from his house.  Apparently, he entertained some crazy looking Scandinavians for a few days. Razz 
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next