What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Draft 2010

3 posters

Go down

NFL Draft 2010 Empty NFL Draft 2010

Post by Ed Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:10 am

Assesment of the Broncos trade for Tim Tebow.

NFL Draft 2010 37204183
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft 2010 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2010

Post by Ehwmatt Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:13 am

I still have no idea what they're doing. It'd be one thing if they hadn't dealt for Quinn... but going into camp with Orton, Quinn, and Tebow makes NO sense to me. Even there, giving up three picks is crazy to me.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:28 am

The Broncos could have gotten him in the second round or, more than likely, the third or fourth. Man, does this ease the pressure for Claussen and McCoy. They come into the league as non-first rounders with little pressure and lessened expectations. Teabag, on the other hand, is now a first rounder with a bullseye on him for opposing defenses. That is, of course, if he even starts, and I don't ever see that happening ... unless Denver wants to run a third and short "wildcat."

I think history will prove that the Broncos would have been far better off with Jimmy Claussen. He put up monster stats last year with zero talent around him (save Golden Tate). Moreover, he was absolutely incredible in the fourth quarter of games and that says a lot. Tebow always had tons of talent around him, Urban Meyer's schematic offense that very few defenses figured out and an incredible offensive line. Those perks are now gone.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 am

Saint John wrote:The Broncos could have gotten him in the second round or, more than likely, the third or fourth. Man, does this ease the pressure for Claussen and McCoy. They come into the league as non-first rounders with little pressure and lessened expectations. Teabag, on the other hand, is now a first rounder with a bullseye on him for opposing defenses. That is, of course, if he even starts, and I don't ever see that happening ... unless Denver wants to run a third and short "wildcat."

I think history will prove that the Broncos would have been far better off with Jimmy Claussen. He put up monster stats last year with zero talent around him (save Golden Tate). Moreover, he was absolutely incredible in the fourth quarter of games and that says a lot. Tebow always had tons of talent around him, Urban Meyer's schematic offense that very few defenses figured out and an incredible offensive line. Those perks are now gone.

Tebow will not play this year. No way.

I like Clausen man. I'm hoping the Browns snag him in the second round.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 am

Jimmy Clausen has one really important thing going for him ... he learned under Charlie Weiss. Though he's an obese slob that often had dried cum around the sides of his mouth and was a horrible college coach, he grooms quarterbacks very well and Clausen always seemed to know what he wanted to do. He just always lacked the talent and time in the pocket to get it done. He basically already has 3 years of experience in a pro-style offense and that, in and of itself, adds tremendous value to him. Add to that that he's an arrogant, cocky fucker, and you're gonna see a kid with something to prove. The kid's a winner. Whomever gets him is going to be instantly better. Instantly.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am

Saint John wrote:Jimmy Clausen has one really important thing going for him ... he learned under Charlie Weiss. Though he's an obese slob that often had dried cum around the sides of his mouth and was a horrible college coach, he grooms quarterbacks very well and Clausen always seemed to know what he wanted to do. He just always lacked the talent and time in the pocket to get it done. He basically already has 3 years of experience in a pro-style offense and that, in and of itself, adds tremendous value to him. Add to that that he's an arrogant, cocky fucker, and you're gonna see a kid with something to prove. The kid's a winner. Whomever gets him is going to be instantly better. Instantly.

I wouldn't have wanted him at 7, but I hope we snag him. Can't wait for tonight to see how things unfold.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 am

Ehwmatt wrote:
Saint John wrote:Jimmy Clausen has one really important thing going for him ... he learned under Charlie Weiss. Though he's an obese slob that often had dried cum around the sides of his mouth and was a horrible college coach, he grooms quarterbacks very well and Clausen always seemed to know what he wanted to do. He just always lacked the talent and time in the pocket to get it done. He basically already has 3 years of experience in a pro-style offense and that, in and of itself, adds tremendous value to him. Add to that that he's an arrogant, cocky fucker, and you're gonna see a kid with something to prove. The kid's a winner. Whomever gets him is going to be instantly better. Instantly.

I wouldn't have wanted him at 7, but I hope we snag him. Can't wait for tonight to see how things unfold.

The only thing unfolding for you tonight will be your boyfriend's condom wrapper ...but at least you guys are safe. NFL Draft 2010 Icon_lol NFL Draft 2010 Icon_eek NFL Draft 2010 Icon_cheers
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Saint John wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:

The only thing unfolding for you tonight will be your boyfriend's condom wrapper ...but at least you guys are safe. NFL Draft 2010 Icon_lol NFL Draft 2010 Icon_eek NFL Draft 2010 Icon_cheers

Good joke man! Did you think of that all by yourself? I've never heard anything like that. I'm gonna write it down.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Wow... not sure about TJ Ward and Hardesty selections, but stealing Colt McCoy at 85 is a fuckin coup. He's a great kid, smart, has a winning pedigree, played in a great system at Texas, and I just all around feel great about it.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Ed, the Ravens appear to have had a typically strong draft too. Whaddya think?

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:Ed, the Ravens appear to have had a typically strong draft too. Whaddya think?

Matt, it's hard to say. They had way fewer picks than the rest of the AFC North. Getting 2 extras as result of the Tebow thing I thought worked. They almost have to consider Anquan Boldin their number 1 pick in a way. What I saw tonight in the 2nd round all made sense. Ozzie is very good at what he does. Time will tell.

How have the Browns done so far?
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:30 am

Ed wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:Ed, the Ravens appear to have had a typically strong draft too. Whaddya think?

Matt, it's hard to say. They had way fewer picks than the rest of the AFC North. Getting 2 extras as result of the Tebow thing I thought worked. They almost have to consider Anquan Boldin their number 1 pick in a way. What I saw tonight in the 2nd round all made sense. Ozzie is very good at what he does. Time will tell.

How have the Browns done so far?

I think we've done well. We have drafted to fill needs - a CB, safety, and RB in Haden, TJ Ward (Oregon), and Montario Hardesty (Tenn), respectively. I don't know all that much abou Ward or Hardesty, but I'll trust Holmgren and Heckert know what they're doing there in filling our needs.

Then... Colt McCoy dropped all the way to #85 where we snapped him up. I am PSYCHED about this pick, as I feel this kid could really turn out to be something special, especially with Holmgren at his side. He has a winning pedigree, he's smart, and just seems to be the leader type. He's a bit undersized at 6'2, but then look at the guy who just won the Super Bowl. At 85, you can't go wrong, especially since we have two veterans to show him the ropes this year.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down