What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean, can I tell the Boston story?

5 posters

Go down

Dean, can I tell the Boston story? Empty Dean, can I tell the Boston story?

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:31 am

Within reason anyway.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Dean, can I tell the Boston story? Empty Re: Dean, can I tell the Boston story?

Post by RockinDeano Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 pm

I already did here awhile back, but why not?
RockinDeano
RockinDeano
Bay City Princess

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:55 pm

I'll tell it from my perspective. I'll leave the trusted info out though. Let me recover from my hangover and maybe we can both rehash it for everyone. There's probably some stuff you might remember that I don't and vice versa.

This story actually starts in Baltimore and moves through Atlantic City first. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Dean, can I tell the Boston story? LooneyspubPart 1.

Dean invited me to go to see Journey in Atlantic City. We had obviously known each other through MR. So I go to pick up Dean at BWI Airport. I had seen his picture once online and was thinking to myself "Will i recognize this dude?" Well if you have ever met Dean, you will know that he does stand out in a crowd. LOL, it was obvious it was him.

I shuttled him into Baltimore for a legendary drinkfest. My brother joined in on it as well. We sat outdoors at my favorite bar in Baltimore - Looney's Pub. Believe it or not, I think Dean actually liked Baltimore. He certainly had better things to say about it than Philly.

More in a bit.

The scene of the crime though is in the picture above.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Beam Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:42 pm

I don't see no chairs there Ed, where did ya sit.....on the street corner? Laughing
Moon Beam
Moon Beam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Moon Beam wrote:I don't see no chairs there Ed, where did ya sit.....on the street corner? Laughing

They put chairs out on the sidewalk in the summer.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:31 pm

To continue, Dean and I and my brother Stingthebeerdrinker had a blast the night before the Journey show in Atlantic City. The next day we hooked up with NealisGod/Niggy and drove up to the show. I have to say that Dean is quite the cell phone guy. He had so many of the MR regulars on the phone on the way. He tried talking Red13JoPa into joining us but no dice.

We were running a little late but finally made it to the Borgata. We were joined at lunch by JSS who couldn't have been nicer. I think I must have downed 8 Heinikens on the Journey per diem (Thanks Jeff). Friga came into the bar, but was his typical stuck up self and I think was watching golf on the bar TV.

We were invited to soundcheck and if you go to JSS's site you can see them performiong "I'll Be Alright Without You". Awesome footage. Niggy also recorded "Message of Love" but deleted it by mistake. We found out later that the band had no idea we were filiming and were not happy. Later on it was ok because they did sound great. Nothing to be embarassed about on those recordings.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Stay tuned for me farting in a car and Neal Schon having to smell it.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:16 pm

To continue, after soundcheck Dean won a few bucks playing blackjack. We went to the show and enjoyed it. I know some don't like JSS in Journey even though they think he is good. To me, his stage presence toughened Journey up. I was won over.

We blew off the Leppard Set. I did meet Phil Collen in the hallway. Nice enough guy. I think Dean may have stole some beer from them, but that might have been a story off MR from another show. I forget. Castronovo had a Kiss Peter Criss shirt on and said he would love to be a member of Kiss. I could see that. I actually had a very cordial conversation with Neal Schon as well.

We had so much fun after the show. Dean held court with the band outside. Freaking hilarious. I met a bunch of MR/Back Talk members. Some are still friends and members of my site. Some not. That's ok.

The dilemna later that night was that Dean wanted me to go to Boston with him for the final leg of the tour. Niggy drove us and was out. Understandable. I called my wife and she said I was crazy not to accept. So off we went.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by lights1961 Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Ed wrote:To continue, after soundcheck Dean won a few bucks playing blackjack. We went to the show and enjoyed it. I know some don't like JSS in Journey even though they think he is good. To me, his stage presence toughened Journey up. I was won over.

We blew off the Leppard Set. I did meet Phil Collen in the hallway. Nice enough guy. I think Dean may have stole some beer from them, but that might have been a story off MR from another show. I forget. Castronovo had a Kiss Peter Criss shirt on and said he would love to be a member of Kiss. I could see that. I actually had a very cordial conversation with Neal Schon as well.

We had so much fun after the show. Dean held court with the band outside. Freaking hilarious. I met a bunch of MR/Back Talk members. Some are still friends and members of my site. Some not. That's ok.

The dilemna later that night was that Dean wanted me to go to Boston with him for the final leg of the tour. Niggy drove us and was out. Understandable. I called my wife and she said I was crazy not to accept. So off we went.

was that the end of 06 tour and right before the Florida tour of winter of 2007?? right... I loved that 06 tour with LEP.. saw it 3 times our selfs that year... would not do that now at all...Love Leppard now more than Journey...

Rick

lights1961
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:54 pm

First tour with Jeff. Then we did the first melodicrock party in Baltimore at my house. Valory and Soto attended. Then we did the Florida shows before the European tour.

The end for us was the party dcvader threw the night beforeJSS's final show with the band. The one where he and Jeremey Hunsicker performed together. That video is all over the place.

It was a fun 3 years or so. Had a blast and made a lot of friends.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:17 pm

I want to tell more of this. No interest?

Ok either way. It was a very fun 2 days.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Ed wrote:I want to tell more of this. No interest?

Ok either way. It was a very fun 2 days.
Of course there's interest....we're just sitting eagerly and quietly by waiting.....

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:49 am

I'll catch up on more of it soon. Busy Christmas events the last few days. My apologies. More when I can. Best time I had in in the forum community.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down