What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Received in an email today

+2
Sarah
Kate
6 posters

Go down

Received in an email today Empty Re: Received in an email today

Post by Kate Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:03 am

I got this too in my email. It is funny because this was being advertised since February at cduniverse, with a release date unknown.

It is just Sony and their divisions trying to make money at every possible turn.
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:14 pm

That is a pretty good deal though. haha
Sarah
Sarah
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyrock Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:02 pm

If they want to revive sales, all Sony has to do is remaster a few of the live concerts and put them on DVD. Like Houston 80 and Mountainaire 86. Bet that would bring in some money.

I think they need to be fed some smart pills. Shocked
journeyrock
journeyrock
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejeangirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:47 am

journeyrock wrote:If they want to revive sales, all Sony has to do is remaster a few of the live concerts and put them on DVD. Like Houston 80 and Mountainaire 86. Bet that would bring in some money.

Omg, huuuuge money.
And can you really blame Sony? Business is business and there's money to be made. This is nothing new. Riding the wave of whatever current attention Journey is getting thorugh the Walmart deal to fuel their own sales is par for the course. Its called basic sales and marketing. ALL sales businesses do it.
bluejeangirl
bluejeangirl
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyrock Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:34 am

bluejeangirl wrote:
journeyrock wrote:If they want to revive sales, all Sony has to do is remaster a few of the live concerts and put them on DVD. Like Houston 80 and Mountainaire 86. Bet that would bring in some money.

Omg, huuuuge money.
And can you really blame Sony? Business is business and there's money to be made. This is nothing new. Riding the wave of whatever current attention Journey is getting thorugh the Walmart deal to fuel their own sales is par for the course. Its called basic sales and marketing. ALL sales businesses do it.
Yep, I totally agree with you. And there is nothing wrong with that. But use SMART marketing to capitalize on the opportunity. After all, they have all the "diamonds" where Journey is concerned.
journeyrock
journeyrock
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Walrus Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:03 pm

journeyrock wrote:

I think they need to be fed some smart pills. Shocked

I think that goes for everyone who works for a label, not just Sony.

But selling people the shit they already own requires less effort than bringing something new to the world (i.e. unreleased shows or DVD's), so what do you think is going to win?

Walrus
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyrock Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Walrus wrote:
But selling people the shit they already own requires less effort than bringing something new to the world (i.e. unreleased shows or DVD's), so what do you think is going to win?
You got a point there.
journeyrock
journeyrock
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by perryfaithful Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:56 pm

Yea I got it too and enjoyed....no ENJOYED the Hell out of visiting the videos for a time. Email said from JOURNEY, so I was waiting for the picture with Arnel and the new album and all that crap! But instead, Here is one of my fav pictures of Journey, followed by all these wonderful videos of classic Journey to just take me away for a few! No searching, right there! And all Perry! So whatever the rest of this concern is, I was off in never never land enjoying the Journey I love and have not forgotten! A sweet gift

Sorry

perryfaithful
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down