What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 7 thoughts?

3 posters

Go down

Windows 7 thoughts? Empty Windows 7 thoughts?

Post by Ed Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Anyone else have it yet? My new Asus Essentio Desktop came loaded with it. So far so good, although I never had a problem with Vista on my laptop to tell you the truth.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 thoughts? Empty Re: Windows 7 thoughts?

Post by Behshad Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Haven't tried it yet since I got my iMac. But I do have it ready to be installed on my old pc.
I know a lot of people complained about Vista. Like yourself , I never have had any problems with Vista so far. One reason is I waited a year or so before I installed Vista , when most bugs where fixed.
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:41 pm

I just grabbed a tutorial on it. It is very different from XP and there is no "classic" feature. Many cool features though - just takes some getting used to.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:44 pm

I'd be kinda curiuous to try it out but really all I'm doing these days is browsing the web and word processing anyway, so no need to load my HD up with another OS on my MacBook.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:I'd be kinda curiuous to try it out but really all I'm doing these days is browsing the web and word processing anyway, so no need to load my HD up with another OS on my MacBook.

Matt I would have liked to stay with XP, but my computer was 5 years old. (Pre AR on MR times). It was super loaded and upgraded, but it was just time. The good thing though is my 12,000 song iTunes library was on my external hard drive. Hooked it up and copied it to the new hard drive, so my entire music collection is backed up. Windows 7 thoughts? Icon_biggrin
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Ed wrote:
Ehwmatt wrote:I'd be kinda curiuous to try it out but really all I'm doing these days is browsing the web and word processing anyway, so no need to load my HD up with another OS on my MacBook.

Matt I would have liked to stay with XP, but my computer was 5 years old. (Pre AR on MR times). It was super loaded and upgraded, but it was just time. The good thing though is my 12,000 song iTunes library was on my external hard drive. Hooked it up and copied it to the new hard drive, so my entire music collection is backed up. Windows 7 thoughts? Icon_biggrin

XP was the last Windows OS I used. Not a bad OS at all. I just like using Mac OS X nowadays, just much easier and runs smoother (performance doesn't degrade over time).

And yes, having that music on an external HD is a MUST these days. Made my own computer upgrade pretty smooth.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down