What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chick-Fil-A thoughts?

+5
Lynn
Ed
Saint John
yulog
GI_Jim
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chick-Fil-A thoughts? Empty Chick-Fil-A thoughts?

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 am

I personally applaud them for standing up for the Christian principles they are founded on. Every time I've gone through a Chick-Fil-A drive-thru, I've been greeted by an outstanding attitude from the cashier at the window, and it's the same at every one I've been to. They're obviously onto something here. I also applaud them for staying closed on Sundays so that all of the employees are able to attend church if they want to.

I have a friend (i use that term VERY loosely as he's my wife's friend's husband) who is extremely liberal. He's posted two separate posts on Facebook tonight about how

A. Chick-Fil-A is doing nothing but spreading hatred and

B. How he thinks they're "gay themselves for not being open on Sundays".

What are your thoughts? And for the record, I have ALWAYS told my wife that I think this guy is a closet homosexual and with these posts, I feel like that is why he's lashing out on them. Curious to hear what you think?
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Chick-Fil-A thoughts? Empty Re: Chick-Fil-A thoughts?

Post by yulog Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:45 am

The real reason chick -fil -a doesn't stay open on sundays.

Chick-Fil-A thoughts? Picture

The one day a week the owner gets to bond with his chickens...........cocka doodle dooooo!!!!!!!! Chick-Fil-A thoughts? Headbanger

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:49 am

Lol!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 am

To each their own. I'll neither applaud nor condemn them for not being open on Sundays. If that's their choice, and if it's because of the principles you indicated, that's their right to do so. I can't comment further as I've never been there, but if/when I do go there, I better not get even a sniff of religion or it'll be the last time I go there. But I seriously doubt they're spreading hatred or homosexuality. Is the latter even possible? "Holy shit, Dave, here comes a fag. Run, that shit is contagious!" Suspect
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Saint John wrote:To each their own. I'll neither applaud nor condemn them for not being open on Sundays. If that's their choice, and if it's because of the principles you indicated, that's their right to do so. I can't comment further as I've never been there, but if/when I do go there, I better not get even a sniff of religion or it'll be the last time I go there. But I seriously doubt they're spreading hatred or homosexuality. Is the latter even possible? "Holy shit, Dave, here comes a fag. Run, that shit is contagious!" Suspect

Lol! They don't have ANY religious items in their stores, and do not discuss religion. They are the ONLY fast food chain I've ever gone to that I think "wow, that person at the drive-thru was nice and had a great attitude!". I've been to several locations and it's been the same at every one I've gone to. They have to be doing SOMETHING right there.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Saint John wrote:To each their own. I'll neither applaud nor condemn them for not being open on Sundays. If that's their choice, and if it's because of the principles you indicated, that's their right to do so. I can't comment further as I've never been there, but if/when I do go there, I better not get even a sniff of religion or it'll be the last time I go there. But I seriously doubt they're spreading hatred or homosexuality. Is the latter even possible? "Holy shit, Dave, here comes a fag. Run, that shit is contagious!" Suspect

Lol! They don't have ANY religious items in their stores, and do not discuss religion. They are the ONLY fast food chain I've ever gone to that I think "wow, that person at the drive-thru was nice and had a great attitude!". I've been to several locations and it's been the same at every one I've gone to. They have to be doing SOMETHING right there.

Sounds like a place I need to give a try. How's the food? And don't say "It tastes like chicken!" Laughing
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Saint John wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:

Sounds like a place I need to give a try. How's the food? And don't say "It tastes like chicken!" Laughing

Man... their chicken sandwiches are so good, they'll make you want to slap Portland right in the mouth! Oh wait... you already do. Shocked Laughing

They're so good... they make me want to slap... Oh yeah, never mind, I ALREADY want to slap Natalie. Laughing Let's just say they're freaking awesome!! I'm not a huge fan of their waffle fries, but everything else is the bomb. Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm getting a little sick of the homosexual lobby myself. Don't care if a guy wants to suck a cock or a woman wants to rug munch but just tired of hearing about it already.

Chick FilA is pretty good for fast food. My daughter loves it and I would never boycott them nor do it and have to explain to her why.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Ed wrote:I'm getting a little sick of the homosexual lobby myself. Don't care if a guy wants to suck a cock or a woman wants to rug munch but just tired of hearing about it already.

Chick FilA is pretty good for fast food. My daughter loves it and I would never boycott them nor do it and have to explain to her why.

I agree, but I don't think Christians should be bashed because they don't condone the lifestyle. I have a couple of gay friends, and they're great guys. I try not to be judgmental about the whole gay thing, but I also don't think Christians should be persecuted because they don't believe in the lifestyle.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 am

Well here's the thing. I remember when fundamentalist Christians were all urged by various public church leaders to boycott Disney World several years ago. Because of Disney's support of gay families. And their private decision to offer benefits to gay couples. I thought that was ridiculous. I felt Disney is a private business who can do as they wish. They employ many gay people and good for them. I mean I even remember the hurricanes we got in orlando back then was blamed on our gay pride flags we had in downtown Orlando. So stupid.

So now it's the other way. A fundy Christian owned business, giving support to non-gay family organizations standing up for their beliefs. And gay people are asking us to boycott.

I just don't do the boycott thing. I think that EVERY owner of every business has the right to run it how they like and put their money how they like. There could be lots of owners with these same beliefs or support who just don't publicize it. Should we study them all and black list them?

Personally, I think what Disney did was great. And I think the fundy Christians like the owners of chikfila are over board. But everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and how they spend their money. But me.... Just as I will spend money at Disney, I will continue to have a chikfila milkshake when it strikes me.
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 am

Lynn wrote:Well here's the thing. I remember when fundamentalist Christians were all urged by various public church leaders to boycott Disney World several years ago. Because of Disney's support of gay families. And their private decision to offer benefits to gay couples. I thought that was ridiculous. I felt Disney is a private business who can do as they wish. They employ many gay people and good for them. I mean I even remember the hurricanes we got in orlando back then was blamed on our gay pride flags we had in downtown Orlando. So stupid.

So now it's the other way. A fundy Christian owned business, giving support to non-gay family organizations standing up for their beliefs. And gay people are asking us to boycott.

I just don't do the boycott thing. I think that EVERY owner of every business has the right to run it how they like and put their money how they like. There could be lots of owners with these same beliefs or support who just don't publicize it. Should we study them all and black list them?

Personally, I think what Disney did was great. And I think the fundy Christians like the owners of chikfila are over board. But everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and how they spend their money. But me.... Just as I will spend money at Disney, I will continue to have a chikfila milkshake when it strikes me.

Good points, and good post Lynn. You're right. There were some radical Christian groups boycotting Disney, and I don't agree with that either. The thing to me though is that the CEO of Chick-Fil-A didn't go out and push his ideas. He was asked what he believes, and he just gave an honest response. I think this is being blown WAY out of proportion and I just think the whole thing is stupid.

And did I mention that I love their chicken? Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah, I think both sides of this issue have an agenda. And they both go overboard trying to publicize their own agendas to influence people. And im sure so they can lobby their agendas with more strength too. People are entitled to their own beliefs. I don't like being told what to do. I can think for myself. I'm not going to feel guilty eating at chikfila just as I will love Disney world for all it's gayness!! Laughing I'm just so tired of political agendas on BOTH sides! Can't we just live life and enjoy our diversity?
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 am

Ate me some Chick-Fil-A mini's this morning and DAMN they wuz good! Very Happy Laughing
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:51 am

I don't (knowingly) spend any money at Muslim businesses. If they want me dead, and their religion mandates that, I figure the least I can do is keep my $$$ out of their pockets. Now, some liberals might call this insensitive and polarizing, so fuck them, too! cheers
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fact Finder Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 pm

GI_Jim wrote:Ate me some Chick-Fil-A mini's this morning and DAMN they wuz good! Very Happy Laughing

You gay hating intolerant bastid.

Did ya get me some? tongue

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Fact Finder wrote:
GI_Jim wrote:Ate me some Chick-Fil-A mini's this morning and DAMN they wuz good! Very Happy Laughing

You gay hating intolerant bastid.

Did ya get me some? tongue

Laughing Laughing I did but I ate it already. I get you some more tomorrow... Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:00 am

Chick-Fil-A thoughts? 547840_191308630999547_425943672_n
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 am

Ed wrote:Chick-Fil-A thoughts? 547840_191308630999547_425943672_n

Laughing Laughing Laughing Nice Ed!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fact Finder Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Breaking News‏@BreakingNews

Chick-fil-A says Don Perry, vice president of public relations, has died - statement via @CNBC

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm sure there's cheering across the country over this tonight. Makes me sick!
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by yulog Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:19 pm

I heard chick-fil-a will be giving these away with each meal

yulog
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:36 pm

yulog wrote:I heard chick-fil-a will be giving these away with each meal

I hope it works for them! Very Happy
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Just ban marriage altogether.

Simple enough.

Then no one is jealous of a failed institution anyway.

Smart politicians suggesting they ban restaurant construction and job creation in their jurisdictions. Shocked

This such a stupid issue and while I am sympathetic to letting gays get married, I will eat some Chick Fil A tomorrow.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fact Finder Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 am

Chick-Fil-A thoughts? 603841_10151074905623588_1501261276_n

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fact Finder Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFjoC_luno

(To the tune of "God Bless The USA")

If you lined up all the restaurants
Where I've eaten all my life
Give me five bucks, some napkins
Plastic fork, a plastic knife

Then you gave me the choice
To pick where I'd eat today
That's a real easy decision
One that's not too tough to make

I would proudly go for some waffle fries
And a jumbo size sweet tea
And I won't forget the chickens who died
Who gave their life for me

So I grab this sandwich - Take a bite
Put it back down on the tray
Yea there ain't no doubt I love this place
God Bless you Chick-Fil-A

From the city of Atlanta
To the hills of Tennessee
Louisiana and Texas
New Jersey and DC

So people up to New York
And all over LA
Will be craving Fudge Nut Brownies
And the Diet Lemonade

And I raise a toast with my milkshake
To the mocha with caffeine
And I won't forget the chickens who fried
Who gave their life for me

So I grab this sandwich - Take a bite
Put it back down on the tray
Yea there ain't no doubt I love this place
God Bless you Chick-Fil-A

Fact Finder
Batboy
Batboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next