What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid people and my summer public service announcement

5 posters

Go down

Stupid people and my summer public service announcement Empty Stupid people and my summer public service announcement

Post by natalie Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 am

I have practically grown up in Yellowstone so I KNOW that there are no only warning signs EVERYWHERE, but they hand you about eight warnings when you enter the park that the animals ARE wild, they are NOT tame and you should not approach them. Still, every year there are a handful of stupid ass people that think those warnings aren't really serious and this happens...(click on the video and you can see a little of the stupid woman's footage)

http://www.localnews8.com/news/24351534/detail.html

So, my public service announcement-if you vacation in Yellowstone, the animals are wild and dangerous-keep a save distance (at least 50 yards for most animals and at least 100 years for bears).

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Stupid people and my summer public service announcement Empty Re: Stupid people and my summer public service announcement

Post by Deb Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 am

natalie wrote:I have practically grown up in Yellowstone so I KNOW that there are no only warning signs EVERYWHERE, but they hand you about eight warnings when you enter the park that the animals ARE wild, they are NOT tame and you should not approach them. Still, every year there are a handful of stupid ass people that think those warnings aren't really serious and this happens...(click on the video and you can see a little of the stupid woman's footage)

So, my public service announcement-if you vacation in Yellowstone, the animals are wild and dangerous-keep a save distance (at least 50 yards for most animals and at least 100 years for bears).

Stupid people and my summer public service announcement Icon_lol
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Stupid people and my summer public service announcement Empty Re: Stupid people and my summer public service announcement

Post by bluejeangirl Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:22 am

The only reason I'm not about to tear into that woman and her stupid friend is that she did say, at the end, "don't do what I did... be smart, people." At least she seems to recognize that she's a dumbass for doing that.

What is wrong with people?! Stay the hell away from wildlife. Just because it's a National Park does not mean those animals are there for your amusement. It's not a zoo. Leave them alone and respect them and they will leave you alone.

If you're stupid enough to think you can just saunter up to a wild bison, you deserve what you get. That is why cameras have a zoom feature, so you don't have to go up to the damn thing to see it.

Stupid people and my summer public service announcement 728731
bluejeangirl
bluejeangirl
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:28 pm

Deb wrote:
natalie wrote:I have practically grown up in Yellowstone so I KNOW that there are no only warning signs EVERYWHERE, but they hand you about eight warnings when you enter the park that the animals ARE wild, they are NOT tame and you should not approach them. Still, every year there are a handful of stupid ass people that think those warnings aren't really serious and this happens...(click on the video and you can see a little of the stupid woman's footage)

Haha! WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING????

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:20 am

First of all, Yellowstone sucks for even putting up signs. This country has waaaay too many disclaimers that state nothing more than common sense. It's a waste of time and it's ugly to litter our parks with these bullshit disclaimers. You can bet your genitalia that anyone that actually needs to be told something so obvious isn't going to listen anyway! Nat, the next time you're at Yellowstone please request that these eye sores be taken down. Thanks.

PS Was anyone else hoping that the bison sodomized her husband for being so fucking stupid???
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:22 am

Deb wrote:
natalie wrote:

Nat

Isn't it also true that if you are caught feeding a bear that the bear will be put down so that it does not seek snacks elsewhere?

Morons think they are doing something cute giving the bear a treat when actually they are giving it a death sentance.

As my Uncle Max always said "It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful"

Cat
cat
cat
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:10 am

I don't know about putting a bear down if someone is caught feeding it, but I do know if it is caught seeking "human food" in campgrounds etc it is usually put down. Sometimes they just relocate it and tag it then if it returns to the "human" areas it is put down.

I went to Yellowstone yesterday and saw about 30 people chasing a bear-yeah, THAT'S a good idea. Stupid people and my summer public service announcement Icon_rolleyes This cute little brown bear was just minding his own business along the side of the road and about 50 cars stopped, people got out of their cars and as the bear would walk farther down the road they would take off running after it to get a better view-I voiced my concerns to them out the window as we drove by them-I was very kind of course. Stupid people and my summer public service announcement Icon_wink Not only were they running after the bear but they were not paying attention to where they were going and several people ran out in front of cars! We had two rather large (guaranteed each of them outweighed the bear!) women run right in front of us and we nearly hit them-we didn't want to honk and startle the bear so again, I found myself expressing concern for their safety in the kindest possible words out the window!!!

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down