What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let me ask you a question...

+7
Ed
Andrew
natalie
Deb
Liam
Styxman
GI_Jim
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Let me ask you a question... Empty Let me ask you a question...

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:41 am

I want to hear from others here how you would have handled this situation...

I received a PM from someone in the music industry about 3 months ago. He said he liked several of my songs, and said he may be up for a collaboration. He gave me his email address and said to send him a song. I did that same day, and sent him a follow-up PM letting him know i sent it.

Weeks go by... nothing. Months go by... nothing. I saw that he was online 2 weeks ago, so I sent this...

Hey ***, Just wondering why you never replied when I sent you my song a while back? Was it that bad? Lol! I have several others I could send you if you're interested in hearing them. Just let me know. If they suck, I can live with that. Wink

I saw that he read the message right after I sent it. No reply. Last night, I got on after my 2nd 12 hour day this week and was a little on the cranky side (I'm working 14 hours today!), and got to thinking about it, and it pissed me off. I then sent him this...

Dude... Don't know what your problem is, but I don't appreciate being ignored. I've seen you on here MANY times after I sent you this, so I know you've been on here. All I asked is for you opinion on a song. I've written dozens of songs, so if you didn't like that one, all you had to do was say so!

I also don't appreciate sending you PM's here and having you ignore them.

You've given me compliments on here in the past, and I don't know what the deal is, but it ticks me off pretty bad when someone asks me to send songs, and when I do... no reply. If you don't like my songs, just say so, and I'll send you something else, or never bother you again!

Jim

He then sent me a message saying I was extremely "Hostile", and that I was way out of line. Was I completely out of line here? I'm sorry, but to me, your word is your bond. I come from the school of thought that if you say you're going to do something... do it. Maybe I'm just fucking crazy. Mad
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 866
Registration date : 2009-03-02

http://www.myspace.com/jimrykbost

Back to top Go down

Let me ask you a question... Empty Re: Let me ask you a question...

Post by Styxman Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 am

My reply would have been stronger Jim. Not knowing who this person is, it's difficult to comment on his/her reasons for not replying. Could be that they're not really connected when it comes to the recording industry and they've got cold feet......there again a quick pm would have sorted this immediately.

I'd just write it off and let it go Jim and continue on your mission with great confidence as what I've heard is worthy of a CD pressing.

I'll offer you this Jim on the forum - You want some free CD covers printed pm me and I'll organise some samples mate. It's what I do for a livin' - You have my word on that. You ask for 250,000 I'll just tell ya to fuck off...right

Enough to get you started with this compilation of songs is my offer.

Keep on rockin' dude Cool
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2131
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:16 pm

To be perfectly honest, I think he stole your song, from how it looks.
Liam
Liam
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Does his first initial fall between i and k?
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Styxman wrote:Does his first initial fall between i and k?

Lol! His initials do fall in that range, but it's not who you're thinking of. He is actually a player in the music business. No, I don't think he's trying to steal my music at all either Ed, I just think he's either not interested in my tunes (which I have ZERO problem with!), or he's just a flake who doesn't follow thru with what he says. I just think people should show more respect to others. If you say you're going to do something, just DO it. If not, have the courtesy to tell someone. I don't think that's too much to ask.

I bet if the roles were reversed, he would have been just as irritated by the situation as I was. Oh well... I won't lose any sleep over it. I just wanted to hear whether you think I was an asshole about it or not.

I also appreciate the compliments, and especially the offer of the cd's! I'll definitely get with you once we get a little closer to getting it done. It's still going to be a while unfortunately. Crying or Very sad
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 pm

LOL, geez Jim, cut Jeff some slack, he's been pretty busy he'll get back to you soon enough. Laughing Razz

Just kidding, I think whoever it is should have replied to your follow up email "hey, just wondering......" with a yay or nay or even just be honest if he hasn't gotten around to it, should still just tell you some kind of status either way? But, just my thoughts. Also, NEVER send emails/return phone calls, etc., when you are in a pissy mood, never works out well. Laughing Best of luck, Jimbo!
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Deb wrote:LOL, geez Jim, cut Jeff some slack, he's been pretty busy he'll get back to you soon enough. Laughing Razz

Just kidding, I think whoever it is should have replied to your follow up email "hey, just wondering......" with a yay or nay or even just be honest if he hasn't gotten around to it, should still just tell you some kind of status either way? But, just my thoughts. Also, NEVER send emails/return phone calls, etc., when you are in a pissy mood, never works out well. Laughing Best of luck, Jimbo!

Lol @ Jeff! Laughing Good guess, but no. Wink I agree, and you're probably right about not contacting someone while I was T'd off, but I was just sitting there thinking about it, and it got to me. He won't here from me again.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 pm

So it starts with J - now this is a long shot Jim, sure you haven't been pm'ing and arguing with yourself scratch
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Styxman wrote:So it starts with J - now this is a long shot Jim, sure you haven't been pm'ing and arguing with yourself scratch

Nah, it's gotta be Jonathon Cain, that bugger! Laughing It'll show up on the next Journey album, Jimbo. Twisted Evil
Deb
Deb
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 901

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:42 pm

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl105.html
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Jimbo, do you suffer from PMS? I can help you with that! Wink

natalie
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Jim - the way I see it - this is EXACTLY the way you have dealt with me before.
If I don't reply to a message or e-mail, you have then sent me several pissy messages....when you thought you were banned from my site I got e-mails, phone calls and a thread here.
I was even flat on my back in the drive way waiting for an ambulance when my back gave out, but you wouldn't let me hang up without telling me about your issue.

It's just too much dude. Take a pill. Your reply to this person sounds pushy and from my past dealings with you - that's how I felt also.

I've been trying to help you guys as you know - but how many times have you ripped me one here when you felt ignored or mistreated?

No one wants to work with someone that's pushy or over the top - there are enough like that in this business already.

I've given you my advice on this particular topic already, but did you take that advice? No - instead we have this thread dedicated to you looking for support.

You don't need support - you need to chill out.

Last edited by Andrew on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:36 pm

GI_Jim wrote: He won't here from me again.

And who's loss with that be dude? Geez... People do have lives and business outside getting back to you mate. I'm sorry to be harsh, but you have to accept that.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Andrew wrote:

And who's loss with that be dude? Geez... People do have lives and business outside getting back to you mate. I'm sorry to be harsh, but you have to accept that.

If that's the case and he's so busy, he shouldn't have asked me to send him the song. He's obviously not too busy, or he wouldn't be on the forum all the time. Just asking for common courtesy. Check your PM, and I'm done here.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Do you have the song copyrighted Jim?
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by GI_Jim Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Ed wrote:Do you have the song copyrighted Jim?

Nope. It was only the music, and I had no lyrics written for it. It wasn't one of my best songs, and I'm seriously not worried about him trying to steal it. I'm sure he didn't even have any interest in it.
GI_Jim
GI_Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Andrew wrote:

If that's the case and he's so busy, he shouldn't have asked me to send him the song. He's obviously not too busy, or he wouldn't be on the forum all the time. Just asking for common courtesy. Check your PM, and I'm done here.

Replied...

I'm just saying people get side tracked and forget shit. I do that all the time....PMs are the worst way to contact me as I say to myself I'll deal with that later and something always comes up.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Andrew has a point here Jim. I forget to reply to PM's and e-mails all the time.

Just keep your material protected. Liked what I've heard overall.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 pm

GI_Jim wrote:
Ed wrote:Do you have the song copyrighted Jim?

Nope. It was only the music, and I had no lyrics written for it. It wasn't one of my best songs, and I'm seriously not worried about him trying to steal it. I'm sure he didn't even have any interest in it.

No one is going to steal it - especially not this person. He's a straight up guy.

Andrew
melodicrock
melodicrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxman Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:08 am

Just promote them on youtube Jim, get a small following and hope for the pyramid effect. You'll get coverage on here and I'm sure Drew will give it a mention on the main site once they're complete. Many just sell from Myspace now, isn't lucrative but it's a start.

We're all behind you dude so don't go M.I.A.

The same thing happened to me in the 80's, I had this song that went on about a 'singer in a smoky room' I lost out big time because I didn't copyright it, the rest is History Let me ask you a question... 864898
Styxman
Styxman
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Didn't read the whole thread, but if it's Brad Delp you're talking about, Jim, I wouldn't expect to hear back from him anytime soon.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Saint John wrote:Didn't read the whole thread, but if it's Brad Delp you're talking about, Jim, I wouldn't expect to hear back from him anytime soon.

Why is it any mention of Brad Delp these days makes me hungry for a nice steak or hamburger?
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:21 pm

LMAO...I think the same thing when I think of Boston (the band) period, Ed.
Liam
Liam
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Liam wrote:LMAO...I think the same thing when I think of Boston (the band) period, Ed.

Speaking of Boston, I have to stop on my way home and get some drill bits and a wrench.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Making you own amp?? lol
Liam
Liam
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next