What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about something

5 posters

Go down

Question about something Empty Question about something

Post by Ed Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Are posts criticizing Journey and Pineda allowed anymore? Or are we now whitewashing everything like they do on youtube?
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Question about something Empty Re: Question about something

Post by Ed Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:32 pm

And, it's not that I care one way or another, just looking for the parameters.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:45 pm

AR wrote:And, it's not that I care one way or another, just looking for the parameters.

Posting your opinion should never be a problem. If you don't like Arnel, say I don't like the fucking guy.

I'm not changing anything. Deano had it set so that there would be no racial comments or senseless bashing and I tend to think that's a good way to keep it. We'll just take it as it goes though.

I think people are going to tend to want to protect Arnel a little more because he's done absolutely nothing wrong and in most peoples eyes is very likeable. Not so much is the case with Neal and Friga.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:55 pm

pRick wrote:
AR wrote:And, it's not that I care one way or another, just looking for the parameters.

Posting your opinion should never be a problem. If you don't like Arnel, say I don't like the fucking guy.

I'm not changing anything. Deano had it set so that there would be no racial comments or senseless bashing and I tend to think that's a good way to keep it. We'll just take it as it goes though.

I think people are going to tend to want to protect Arnel a little more because he's done absolutely nothing wrong and in most peoples eyes is very likeable. Not so much is the case with Neal and Friga.

Fair enough Rick.

Actually, it might be a good idea to restrict my access to the Journey section of this forum anyway. Laughing
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:03 pm

AR wrote:
pRick wrote:

Fair enough Rick.

Actually, it might be a good idea to restrict my access to the Journey section of this forum anyway. Laughing

It's like Andrew said, the naysayers give balance to the fawners. Just keep the gloves up.
Rick
Rick
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:05 pm

pRick wrote:

Posting your opinion should never be a problem. If you don't like Arnel, say I don't like the fucking guy

Just like that? Laughing

I am being a smart ass
Kate
Kate
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:25 pm

doka wrote:
pRick wrote:

Posting your opinion should never be a problem. If you don't like Arnel, say I don't like the fucking guy

Just like that? Laughing

I am being a smart ass

I think AP has talent, but looks weird on stage and mispronounces a lot of stuff. Granted I go too far with the jokes, but that's just me. If JSS had been from the Phillipines, I could have cared less. Fine by me.

When you cast the part in a movie though, looks, height and diction still count. And that used to count in rock bands before the American Idol mentality became vogue.

I'll always tread a fine line because I can't stand political correctness and think everything is fair game and funny. Most sites are really white washing any legitimate criticism of Pineda and the new lineup. That's mostly what I'm getting at. No biggie one way or another. This site has taken some hits in the last day or two, and I don't want to do anything further to hurt it. So I wanted to clarify where we are going here.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:34 pm

By the way, this guy from Home Depot taking Brad Delp's place pisses me off just as much as the Journey situation - just to be clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMCihxdMYIo

Now if Boston and Journey want to charge 10 bucks, sure I may pay that to see DeCarlo or Pineda. That's about it though.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by ocnurse Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:44 pm

kind of reminds me of supernanny, being aware of limitations Razz
ocnurse
ocnurse
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:58 pm

ocnurse wrote:

Well I will always push the envelope and go too far. That's a given. Laughing

But I do run my own site, and know what it takes to make a forum successful. Anyone that tries to start one finds out it's a lot of work and you can't please everyone. . I'd rather help here than be a hindrance, but I still have to be myself if participating.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by caz Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:37 am

AR wrote:
ocnurse wrote:

Well I will always push the envelope and go too far. That's a given. Laughing

But I do run my own site, and know what it takes to make a forum successful. Anyone that tries to start one finds out it's a lot of work and you can't please everyone. . I'd rather help here than be a hindrance, but I still have to be myself if participating.

Agree with you. I run one as well, and yes it is a lot of work, and you have to be consistent. Having said that, I don't believe forums have to be so melodramtic that the moderator or site owner has to constantly post how awful and stressful it is. Sort of like going to a restaurant and seeing the owner all freaked out, yelling at his employees, and thus leading to a bad experience.

I like the tone of this place so far and hope it continues to be a success.

caz
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down