What The Fuck ®
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitney Houston

+5
Ehwmatt
Moon Beam
Ed
blueskies
Saint John
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whitney Houston - Page 2 Empty Re: Whitney Houston

Post by Saint John Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Ed wrote:What do Whitney Houston and Rick James have in common?

Everything.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 pm

I don't know if we'll ever know for sure, but the more I think about it, the more I believe this was a purposeful suicide and not an accident.

Did anyone see that pic of her at the nightclub from the night before it happened? I think she probably took one look in the mirror, saw a physical trainwreck, realized she was flat broke (allegedly), and knew there was no way in hell she could tour to make ends meet., especially in her drug-induced vocal condition. Thus, the logical solution was to do the backstroke in the hotel bathtub.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Matt, the timing couldn't have been better. She knew that joining the Natalie Wood swim team would immortalize her, beginning as soon as 24 hours later. Had she lived out what was left of her seemingly miserable life, as you indicated, she faced a never-ending battle upstream. Pun intended. bom

Regaining the riches that 170 million in blown album sales afforded her was never going to happen. I saw that she won over 400 awards in her lifetime. It almost doesn't even seem possible to go through the amount of money she earned, but she did. And there was no going back. Sadly, when the money is up, so is the life of most of these celebrities. They only live and love for themselves, and when they face the daunting task of the battles of the everyday Joe, they simply shut down and fade to black. And that's why I don't feel any sadness for them.

Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:09 pm

The cause of Whitney Houston's death is not clear - as everyone knows, crack is white.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 5243
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Ed wrote:The cause of Whitney Houston's death is not clear - as everyone knows, crack is white.
Hmm.. and here I thought crack was wack.... Razz
Lynn
Lynn
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Whitney Houston - Page 2 959685
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gideon Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:21 pm

My views on suicide/death tend to be more mild than what they were when I was younger, when they echoed Dan's sentiments. Now I tend to look at the end of any human life to be a sad affair, but in cases like these, I'm not bothered by it to the extent I would if the person in question lacked Houston's resources.

Money might not flat out buy you happiness, true, but it can provide the means to get it.
Gideon
Gideon
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremey Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:I don't know if we'll ever know for sure, but the more I think about it, the more I believe this was a purposeful suicide and not an accident.

Did anyone see that pic of her at the nightclub from the night before it happened? I think she probably took one look in the mirror, saw a physical trainwreck, realized she was flat broke (allegedly), and knew there was no way in hell she could tour to make ends meet., especially in her drug-induced vocal condition. Thus, the logical solution was to do the backstroke in the hotel bathtub.

My thoughts exactly, I posted as much on Facebook soon after hearing it. I just figured she realized her voice was gone, her money was gone, and there was nothing she could ever do to get any of it back. Having been voiceless for the past couple of months, just thinking of the prospect of having been someone of the caliber of Whitney Houston and having such expectation and even with the well meaning Clive Davis pressuring her to return to the stage and have a triumphant comeback...and just knowing in her heart there was nothing she could ever do to bring it back....It's kind of like looking up from the bottom of a deep dark hole and realizing there's no way to ever get back to the top...You're going to die down there....Then again, maybe she was just drunk and passed out in the tub, LOL...who knows.

Jeremey
Batboy
Batboy

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Whitney Houston - Page 2 425797_10150548702208364_504183363_9017924_50883023_n

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Charlie Sheen is the man. Dude is indestructible, and I love that he shoved it right up asses of the fags that swear by AA. He proved it's not a disease, just a choice, and you can quit if you choose to. That's not to say that it's easy ... but it is ultimately a choice.
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehwmatt Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Saint John wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing Charlie Sheen is the man. Dude is indestructible, and I love that he shoved it right up asses of the fags that swear by AA. He proved it's not a disease, just a choice, and you can quit if you choose to. That's not to say that it's easy ... but it is ultimately a choice.

At the end of the day, you can't quit cancer, alzheimer's or Lou Gehrig's disease. You can quit an "addiction," especially when you have the resources these celebs do at their disposal. And yes, like you said, it may be hard. But so is everything else worth doing. I have no more sympathy for someone that fails at addiction than I do for someone that fails the CPA exam, the bar exam, a medical licensing board exam, or whatever. All hard to do, for sure, but all perfectly within your own control.

Ehwmatt
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint John Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:
Saint John wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing Charlie Sheen is the man. Dude is indestructible, and I love that he shoved it right up asses of the fags that swear by AA. He proved it's not a disease, just a choice, and you can quit if you choose to. That's not to say that it's easy ... but it is ultimately a choice.

At the end of the day, you can't quit cancer, alzheimer's or Lou Gehrig's disease. You can quit an "addiction," especially when you have the resources these celebs do at their disposal. And yes, like you said, it may be hard. But so is everything else worth doing. I have no more sympathy for someone that fails at addiction than I do for someone that fails the CPA exam, the bar exam, a medical licensing board exam, or whatever. All hard to do, for sure, but all perfectly within your own control.

We've morphed into a society of excuse makers. 99% of people with anxiety, depression, weight problems, drug issues, booze problems, uncontrollable gambling, sex addicts and other "diseases" are just BIG PUSSIES!!! Whitney Houston - Page 2 890355
Saint John
Saint John
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:47 pm

As someone who has been accused at times of "having a problem" I can say it is NOT a disease.

It's a LIFESTYLE bitches!!!!! flower
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Behshad Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I agree with you guys of course but , Paging Dr Phyl Whitney Houston - Page 2 447617
Behshad
Behshad
Admin

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 2008-05-17

https://newwtf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:54 pm

The human race needs to become extinct. I'm convinced now.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20120214/ap_en_ot/us_whitney_houston_flags

NJ flags to fly at half-staff for Whitney Houston

TRENTON, N.J. – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he will order flags flown at half-staff at state government buildings Saturday in memory of Whitney Houston.

The governor says Houston was a "cultural icon" who belongs in the same category in New Jersey music history as Frank Sinatra, Count Basie and Bruce Springsteen.

He says her accomplishments were "a great source of pride for the people of the state."

Her funeral will be held the same day in her birthplace of Newark.
Ed
Ed
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueskies Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Behshad wrote:

I agree with you guys of course but , Paging Dr Phyl Whitney Houston - Page 2 447617

My diagnosis is........... you all are beyond repair. Shocked Laughing
blueskies
blueskies
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down